muskets and pistols in bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Errayn

Sergeant Knight at Arms
i found a trace of weapons like pistols and muskets its already in game files. and they have a lot of animations for that and probly good sounds and effects too

what i want to know is equipment id for that 2 weapons and for the ammo so i could add this item to mpitems then to mpcharacters then i want to make a line battle with muskets and pistols in custom battle mod.

if someone already found these equipment ids could you share it here so someone who wants to make a mod about pistols and muskets/rifles could see how does this weapon type works in bannerlord.

from item_usages.xml

pistols

C#:
<!--<item_usage_set id="pistol" equip_action="act_equip_default" idle_action="act_stand_1h"crouch_idle_action="act_crouch_stand_1h"crouch_walk_action="act_crouch_walk_forward_1h" crouch_run_action="act_crouch_run_forward_1h"walk_action="act_walk_forward_1h" run_action="act_run_forward_1h" run_with_shield_action="act_run_forward_1h_with_shield"equip_sound="event:/mission/combat/equip/bow_equip"unequip_sound="event:/mission/combat/equip/bow_unequip"><usages><usage style="attack_any" ready_action="act_ready_pistol" is_mounted="False" require_free_left_hand="False" strike_type="thrust" /><usage style="attack_any" ready_action="act_ready_pistol" is_mounted="True" require_free_left_hand="False" strike_type="thrust" /></usages></item_usage_set><item_usage_set id="musket" equip_action="act_equip_default" idle_action="act_stand_crossbow"crouch_idle_action="act_crouch_stand_crossbow"crouch_walk_action="act_crouch_walk_forward_staff" crouch_run_action="act_crouch_run_forward_staff"walk_action="act_walk_forward_staff" run_action="act_run_forward_staff"equip_sound="event:/mission/combat/equip/sword_equip" unequip_sound="event:/mission/combat/equip/sword_unequip"><usages><usage style="attack_any" ready_action="act_ready_musket" is_mounted="False" require_free_left_hand="False" strike_type="thrust" /><usage style="attack_any" ready_action="act_ready_musket" is_mounted="True" require_free_left_hand="False" strike_type="thrust" /></usages></item_usage_set>-->

muskets

C#:
<item_usage_set id="musket" equip_action="act_equip_default" idle_action="act_stand_crossbow"crouch_idle_action="act_crouch_stand_crossbow"crouch_walk_action="act_crouch_walk_forward_staff" crouch_run_action="act_crouch_run_forward_staff"walk_action="act_walk_forward_staff" run_action="act_run_forward_staff"equip_sound="event:/mission/combat/equip/sword_equip" unequip_sound="event:/mission/combat/equip/sword_unequip"><usages><usage style="attack_any" ready_action="act_ready_musket" is_mounted="False" require_free_left_hand="False" strike_type="thrust" /><usage style="attack_any" ready_action="act_ready_musket" is_mounted="True" require_free_left_hand="False" strike_type="thrust" /></usages></item_usage_set>-->

Ur1cV.jpg

If this interests you.

I totally support the idea of having guns ready in the game-files even if there isn't already a napoleonic wars add-on planned. It helps a lot of modders to start out with a great foundation of where you can develop even more amazing things faster than trying to get the blank basics like shootable weapons working.
I am also sure that due to NW's Source Code being mostly open-source - stuff like cannons, particle effects etc.
will surely be added and translated over to Bannerlord's scripting language C++ or whatever relation it will have in that direction.

Converting crossbows to firearms is a single line of code for the smoke and a couple of edits. So long as we can add new weapon types, having firearms in warband is unecessary.
Would be nice for people who barely know how to mod, to be able to add them to the player faction or something in case someone wants to roleplay being Frederick the Great or Charles the great transported to the medieval period.

I for one would jizz my pants every 2 minutes just mowing down armies of early medieval sword and shield armies with sustained musket fire
I'm trying to recreate the effect with all crossbow armies and setting them up in firing lines. But it's just not the same. And You kind of need to rely on the retreat exploit when facing huge armies or cavalry heavy armies.

I don't know why my thread from 5 Feb 2020 has gone up again but since then lots of things got changed. It was even before the release of the game. lots of musket mods have gone live since then. Some of them also tried lots of funny ragdoll mechanics or other stuff to make it feels like you are shooting a gun. I saw some guys trying to fit crosshair to the weapon model to make it feels better. Even Taleworlds done that recently to the balistas. Still lots of things are changing like the way how sound modding works, animations, etc but the easiest way to make firearms or machine guns, Gatling guns, or whatever you want is still changing something we already have in the game like crossbows or balistas. I could be wrong but creating a weapon type from the start needs too much work at the moment or maybe impossible. Like the last time, i try to change something for making Katyusha the way animations/sounds modding was changed and was not working. You have to use a buggy modding editor to make small changes overwrite some stuff etc. Like there was a xml file before that you could easily change animation names, types, durations in 10 seconds but now for every part of the animation you have to overwrite it from modding tools and since you can't also see the all structure (i mean the connections between animations) (Still, you can but you have to check all of the animations for that and it was too much buggy and you need to click like maybe 100 times to do that at that time) And was crashing all of the time. so I remember, I had to rage quit at the end because it was not worth of time to doing something I already made before. But from what i heard it is better now but still you had to know that probably in the next patch it will create lots of errors and you have to do the same stuff again or find a new way to make it and it becomes boring also ****s your muscle memory. It is better to wait till launch (2022(?)) to make those stuff or you are going to be stuck at that version. Eider modding goes better or not you will not lose your muscle memory again after that because of something Taleworlds ****ed up or changed.

unknown.png

It is better not to deal with these errors like that every time you open modding tools or the game itself. Modders who deal with such stuff already understands each other, it feels like torture, and then it makes you feel like better to make your own game than mod this game. I don't know. I don't tried the patch 1.6 but they say it is better but for your insanity, it is better to forget about it till the release of the game.

Even here (tank mod test video) on the bottom left i have an error that if i click it. the game would close itself but if you don't you could play. So you hide that popup to somewhere else.

For example, That thing started to happen after they tried to fix the Sound of Doom and the fix they made is not fixed the sound of doom and ****ed way for sound modding (the way with fmodbank tools) and in patch 1.6.3 Sound of Doom is still in the game and now they are trying new ways for sounds like environmental noises. If you play captains mode in mp your bots on your back feels like there is a horseman horde behind you but when you look there is only 10 bots and no cav. Same for the battle noises. So it means they are still changing stuff and someday everything you made for your mod could gone to the trash can.

give you last example

This is from v0.89 beta

This was before Sound of Doom stuff happened like v1.5 ish from the leftover of bolt-action rifle mod i tried to make. And till that thing i had no problem with modding sounds. Since 0.89.

Someday the way you learned how to do something will change because some intern ****ed up in Taleworlds. and you have to relearn how to do something till the next patch and that will also change, in the end you will get mad.

Never liked firearms in M&B and my least favorite mod was Napoleonic Wars.
It's supposed to be a medieval-type game.
And if muskets are OK, why not cannons?

Back
Top Bottom