Murond Concepts

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is, it ain't pretty, but it's readable. Some of the changes we had discussed with Jan way back then, some others I just came up with. Lots of free spots on the map for anyone to claim.

well that's certainly more opportunity for lore. What's the green area above Murond to be called anyway? Any special reason it's green?
Home of a race of green blobs?  :lol:

Some type of gunmen, of course. Maybe a standard arquebuse type, as well as their fast pistoleers. Cavalry, maybe two handed weapons just to be different, as long as that doesn't suck too much because of the A.I. And I have no suggestions for infantry, something kind of weak and peasant-like.

Silver Wolf said:
Toffey said:
And I have no suggestions for infantry, something kind of weak and peasant-like.

Why ? I think that stylish but poorly equipped pikemen will do the job ...

I suggest billmen instead of of pikemen. We have enough of those.
EDIT: damnit, have some respect for modmaker Tiberius!. Younglins these days.

Bunduqdari said:
well that's certainly more opportunity for lore. What's the green area above Murond to be called anyway? Any special reason it's green?
Home of a race of green blobs?  :lol:
It's green because that's the color I randomly picked. Feel free to change it. And it has no name because like I said, there are many open places to fill by whoever wishes to do so.

You could force him to delete the post?

Anyway, the two-hander cavalry might be a bit OP... We could do light cavalrymen that are good at nothing except having really expensive equipment with a lot of lace...

The problem is that pikemen would fit the time frame a lot better... And they would look a lot better on the battlefield... I can also assure you that they already have their special style

Not to mention their ruthless efficiency during sieges

Do they also have a fanatical devotion to the pope Parliament?

EDIT = Although it would fit the timeframe, surely another pikeman faction would be a bit tedious?

Silver Wolf said:
The problem is that pikemen would fit the time frame a lot better...
Timeframe is quite relative regarding this mod.

And they would look a lot better on the battlefield... I can also assure you that they already have their special style
The reason I think bills would be better than pikes is because it's a militia weapon. The effective use of pikes requires lots of training, drilling, discipline and cold blood, whereas (from what I've read) the bill was the choice of militias because it was much easier to use. And that's how I picture the common soldier of Murond, as a peasant suddenly turned into a militiamen that must suddenly face true pros like armored nobles and  Laurian pikemen.

Venitius said:
Do they also have a fanatical devotion to the pope Parliament?
What's up with you lately?  :neutral:

Ok this is what I've got so far ...

ea2b0333.jpg

I 'm still open for suggestions because as you can see this troop tree is far from finished

Is "Rebel" and "Revolutionary" that appropriate seeing as feudalism appears to have been booted out already? I suppose Marines as sharpshooters or as assault infantry would be a bit appropriate..

And I've no idea why I've gone somewhat crazy.

I like it, except for "murond pikeman". Once again a pikeman is professional soldier. At least in my view Murond lacks professional melee infantry, hence why they resorted to the new and easy to handle technology of guns (most likely acquired from laurian merchants from the northern part of their continent) instead of going all Swiss Pikemen onto the noblemen's asses. Melee units would be billmen, not as useless as Ducal scythers, but not as good as swadian or laurian pikemen.

Silver Wolf said:
O' righty then... Pikemen are out

And what about their nobility ? What kind of weapons should they use ? Firearms, lances, swords ?

Ehm, I'm not trying to force my views, I'm trying to open a debate. Since this has become a sort of community effort it would be interesting to hear different points of views. I won't be the one modelling bills or writting tons of lore about Murond. So yeah, this has became a sort of democracy, after my ruthless dictatorship. I won't be telling where the corpses of the ones who opposed me in the past are though.
You have an idea, I have another one, anyone else can contribute their own.

Like New Zendar, to be honest I thought you would be using one of the isles south of Lauria, in a sort of Sicily-Venice fusion.

EDIT: now I feel like a jerk  :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom