SP - General Multiple Party Template per Kingdom/Culture

Users who are viewing this thread

bestmods168

Sergeant at Arms
I like to request/suggest to allow to have multiple party template per kingdom/culture. The feature doesn't have to be implemented in game, but at least have the ability to do so if one wishes especially for modding purposes.

Why?
This will add variety and immersion to the game. This will make campaign interesting because troops will vary from lord to lord. The player will not get an easy/repeatable tactic. With each battle the player will have to come up with a new battle tactic to win because the enemy troop composition will vary.

Imagine say Derthert will be known to have superior cavalry force while another lord may have dominate crossbowman. In the partytemplate, Derthert's template will just include like 70% cavalry and the rest is mixed, etc.

I know that the "preferred upgrade" was implemented, but I feel that it was too generic. Something more specific would be more ideal like in history where certain lords provided specific units because their region favored such resources. Such as those who lived in the mountains provided better longbows while those with prairies provided cavalry and thus had more of said units.

would love to see this, I would like to have different templates to use when modding, there is only one that really matters in partyTemplates.xml and it only gives us the troops lords from a culture (re)spawn with, where we could have templates oriented to specific troop type and then distribute them to lords

would love to see this, I would like to have different templates to use when modding, there is only one that really matters in partyTemplates.xml and it only gives us the troops lords from a culture (re)spawn with, where we could have templates oriented to specific troop type and then distribute them to lords
Yes. The original is too limiting especially for a big faction like Empire. They all have the same troop type.

Back
Top Bottom