SP - General Multiple Loadouts

Users who are viewing this thread

It would be nice to see multiple equipment loadouts, implemented the same way as with battle and civilian gear. The main one's would be field battles and sieges, though I'm sure others could be useful too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be cool. For example a horse archer loadout vs siege warbow loadout. But I guess we can change it before we engage at all.

Definitely yes! This game has the infrastructure for such system. Please make it into the game, at least its worth arguing in the office.

Just one minor thing tho. I don't think i need another of same helmet or armor or weapon etc for different loadouts (or civillian cloth in current case).

Last edited:
To give this thread more tacktion:
I think this is a great idea. I'd love to see atleast two additional loadouts to choose before engaing in battle:
1.Face them on foot:
2. Face them mounted.

I know I could simply dismount my horse before each fight but that's tedious. Also there are some weapons that can only used on foot like the crossbows or longbows ( I know there is a perk for that)
When I am in a big battle and taking command over a unit I'd love to adjust my loadout to the situation.
When I lead the infantry I think it's easier to guide them dismounted so they are closer to your speed. When you lead an archer unit it would be stupid if you don't have any ranged weapons yourself and when you are leading a cavalry unit you should be mounted.
There are some items I really like but I always hav e to limit myself.
For example I am not that big of a fan of ranged weapons but most of the time have thembecause they are really good for sieges. But that means I only have two slots left when I use cavalry. And then I have to decide between a shield, one handed weapons two handed weapons or polearms for the remaining two slots. I'd just rather go full melee with my cavalry build and ranged with my foot-soldier build.
Of course, as the game is right now, you can just change your equipment according to the situation beforehand but most of the time I forget about it and never change the items before siege. It is just unwieldy.

also in favor of a melee and mounted loadout is that the game's progression system emphasizes to use all kinds of weapons to level up faster.

additional loadouts to choose before engaing in battle:
1.Face them on foot:
2. Face them mounted.
Yes. Working alongside with 'One step ahead' perk (when fully implemented,) under tactics, could be able to assign your troops to their formations + choose the loadout you desire.

Warband used to implement battle chest so you can swap gears mid fight, could work like that too here.
While I made good use of the chest feature during Warband play, It put a sense of unfairness over the AI, as you essentially had unlimited access to missiles, and if you are on horseback, you pretty much become "the boss that everyone hates & has trouble defeating."
Perhaps a more fair approach, taleworlds could allow missiles to be lit up while pressing alt in-game so you can run around and pick them up with ease and add them to your quivers.

If you are in a siege, you can have drums filled with single arrows littered around both the defenders and attackers, so you have a massive supply when your quivers run dry. d

Regards.
Unit_3397

Well you could implement this as long as those loadouts arent locked to your character and can be lost or else people will use it to cheese

they could just add an inventory slot so you can carry all the weapons you want...

Would be to much cheesing going on then + since you have one more slot to secure valuable loot in. Shouldnt be saying this since teaching out cheesing is wrong and i dont want to teach people to be weak. Its nothing im doing but i realized it some patches ago

Last edited:
Would be to much cheesing going on then + since you have one more slot to secure valuable loot in. Shouldnt be saying this since teaching out cheesing is wrong and i dont want to teach people to be weak. Its nothing im doing but i realized it some patches ago
  • It enables you to carry more arrows if you want to be an archer
  • you can have alot of throwing if you opt for it
  • you can play lance sword shield + bow arrows
  • it helps you play rider and infantry
  • you are supposed to be a god on the battlefield in the first place
  • because you are able to play more you arent forced into one tricking one weapon

Back
Top Bottom