Multiple issues with Mercenaries Leaving Service

Users who are viewing this thread

Glloyd

Recruit
As in the title, there are multiple issues with Mercenaries leaving service.

First off, all the dialogue is identical to giving up your oath of fealty as a vassal, which makes no sense. This applies to leaving in person, or through the (K)ingdom screen. Second, the relationship penalty hit is the exact same as giving up your oath of fealty as a vassal, which also makes no sense and seems unintended to make all the lords in the realm hate me for no longer being a mercenary.
Third, there does not appear to be any expiration on mercenary contracts, and if there is, there is no indicator of when they expire.

Mercenary contracts were a great way to get your foot in the door in the early game of Warband without having to commit to a kingdom. It's such a shame that they're broken right now in Bannerlord. Hope to see a fix soon, at least for the relationship penalty.

The big issue for me is that we're at peacetime, and I still have to wait the 30 days to leave without penalty with that mod. Even in the base game you should be able to leave without penalty if at peace

Note that after the fix today, this is still unsolved. If you try leaving through dialogue, you still get the penalty.

Edit: The message when leaving the kingdom through the kingdom menu also still says the lords will hate you.

Back
Top Bottom