Multiplayer's future and server population.

Does Bannerlord's multiplayer have a future?

• Absolutely, it just needs a meaty update.

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • Yes, but it needs mods.

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • It's dead, Jim.

Votes: 44 48.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Here's the thing - Bannerlord SP is actually extremely successful;

5wcfL0r.png

20th Most played game on steam. And as long as people are in the game enjoying it; there will be a demand for a MP. TW just need to take advantage of it. People look at this forum and see only doom & gloom; and forget that this game is ridiculously popular for such a niche type of game.
Yeah but may boi we MP in here.

It surely is weird how TW can't be honest or transparent about the MP situation. It should be their priority, it needs more clarity, transparency. The SP is an absolute success, so why TW can't speak a thing about how they're dealing with the several problems we address everyday here, IF they are dealing with them?

I really do doubt they ever check this part of the forum. Their behavior is almost amateur.

I really do doubt they ever check this part of the forum. Their behavior is almost amateur.
I highly suspect they don't ever check any part of the forum, to be honest. I was willing to accept (and even embrace!) some amateurish approach when they were a couple making an indie game. But now? It's not like they haven't sold millions of copies... they CAN totally afford some community people and some basic Q&A. Not to mention some artists, voice actors and server technicians.

I know. And I'm not gonna defend the server situation. I'm just saying the game has a playerbase - people will always be interested in MP. We just need (for starters) stable servers.
The MP itself is bad man, it needs thousands of fixes, features, servers, and Taleworlds ain't gonna do it. Modders is all MP has left. When was the last time a dev was around this place? They don't care about it no more, everyone disappeared after custom servers got out.

A full game released with these horrible servers crashing all the time, bugs everywhere, what's the excuse now? This isn't EA anymore, this is a full game, sold as a full game, any other company would be destroyed to the ground with these kind of issues, not saying it's something positive to do, but man, it really feels like a slap on the face. An apology would be nice smfh

It's more fun and rewarding than Chiv 2. I have less than 100 hours between Age of Chivalry, War of the Roses, Chiv, and Chiv 2, but thousands in M&B Warband/Bannerlord MP. I look at Chiv combat like Battlefield/CoD whereas M&B is like Counter-Strike/Jedi Academy.
Am a Warband vet myself, and I think the only reason why Mount&Blade multiplayer worked in the late 2010s is because of an unspoken etiquette that is usually followed between players. At the time, people who picked up M&B multiplayer wanted a PVP swordfighting game, and we had other games if we really wanted to play a shooter instead.

These days, the Mount&Blade community seems more interested in eking out wins without having to really work for them. Archer spam can get pretty out of hand if people in a given server allow it to get out of hand, and it more or less makes playing infantry or cavalry unplayable. The fact that we don't have any class limits in the server hosting tools (let alone default class limits) is likely indicative that the spamming of an overpowered class is likely an intentional design decision. And even if people have enough honor to play a medieval swordfighting game like a medieval swordfighting game, a lot of the factions have poor balancing and said imbalances have persisted long enough that I'm convinced that said imbalances are intentional.

Tbh it was just a matter of time before this happened. KEEP in mind that since alpha they had issues, we still have issues. Kinda sad cos the MP aspect could have been just as sucessful (maybe a little less) than SP. But the delay in server file release, custom classes, bugs (Tbh I still think the combat should be fixed)

Tbh it was just a matter of time before this happened. KEEP in mind that since alpha they had issues, we still have issues. Kinda sad cos the MP aspect could have been just as sucessful (maybe a little less) than SP. But the delay in server file release, custom classes, bugs (Tbh I still think the combat should be fixed)
Ye we are beyond asking for combat and the trash class system to be fixed, at this point it’s a big ask just to have servers that work.

Warband franchise stomps all over chivalry. Nuff said. I am here to discuss the MP servers for console. Player stats are not updating no more and Servers keeps disappearing and reappearing unable to connect sometimes. But other than that we've been blessed

Warband franchise stomps all over chivalry. Nuff said.
Only reason why Warband MP worked because the playerbase during the 2010s had enough honor to not spam archers, thus making inf and cav unplayable. The last Warband match i played was such where you either had to be an archer yourself or die to ranged spam because you picked literally anything else.

If i wanted to play a shooter, Gundam Evolution exists. The way people play M&B multiplayer should be proof that we need class limits for archers and maybe cavalry. I think cav class limits can be less harsh than archers since cav can actually be countered by non-Empire light infantry (Sword/Shield volgier for Vlandia)

Only reason why Warband MP worked because the playerbase during the 2010s had enough honor to not spam archers, thus making inf and cav unplayable. The last Warband match i played was such where you either had to be an archer yourself or die to ranged spam because you picked literally anything else.
False, archers numbers dropped significantly in mid to late Warband because people got better at dealing with them. Cav reigned supreme as did infantry death balls.

If you're talking casual modes, cav and 2 handers were still the top scorers.

Back
Top Bottom