Need More Info Multiplayer utterly broken (please help)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded

JukeBax

Recruit
Essentially, multiplayer doesn't work . I bought this game on sale from Epic Games store (which I'm now thinking was a mistake) and for the last month it refuses to run properly. The biggest issue is that I keep getting logged out of the multiplayer at least once or twice when I connect to MP. It constantly shows login failed error. When it does decide to work and log me in properly then custom games are usually not visible, and I have to keep switching between "home" and "play" buttons until they do show up (although this does not always work). Then if I do manage to join a game, the few times that custom servers do show up, the game has a 60% chance of freezing a couple minutes into team selection. Additionally, the levelling system is bugged. It's stuck, and doesn't allow me to level up. I'm stuck on the same KDA for a month, despite playing. I've tried bypassing the firewall and antivirus, and verifying integrity but it doesn't fix anything. The worst part is that sometimes it works perfectly. Please help me, I enjoy the game when it actually works.

Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce RTX 2060
GPU Driver Version: 461.09
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
RAM: 15.82 GB
Motherboard: 0CNDTP, Dell Inc.
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Leveling system is working as itended and you gain experience only by playing Skirmish or Captain mode. Playing on siege or TDM will not reward you with any experience.

Now about loading the map it takes cos server is filled with many players and this is very CPU demanding game and ur CPu is not the best :smile:

About failed login well you can try changing DNS Server or simply following this guide.

Good luck and have fun bro

Leveling system is working as itended and you gain experience only by playing Skirmish or Captain mode. Playing on siege or TDM will not reward you with any experience.

Now about loading the map it takes cos server is filled with many players and this is very CPU demanding game and ur CPu is not the best :smile:

About failed login well you can try changing DNS Server or simply following this guide.

Good luck and have fun bro

Thanks for the assistance! Will definitely try the optimizations to see if i get better results.

As for the levelling that's kinda annoying considering how dead those modes are currently, but whatever, at least it's not a bug.

In regards to my CPU, I am kind of left wondering if that's the root of the issue, considering that I can run literally any game on this PC with 0 problems so far besides Bannerlord. Checking my performance also shows that the game doesn't seem to bottleneck my CPU, and the freezes happens regardless of how many players are currently in the server. The game just seems to be badly optimized right now. At least steam users seem to get better results because they can opt out of certain beta features through the launcher.

Thanks again!

Can you send me the contents of this file after reproducing this?
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs\rgl_log_xxxxx.txt
ProgramData is a hidden folder.

Thanks for the assistance! Will definitely try the optimizations to see if i get better results.

As for the levelling that's kinda annoying considering how dead those modes are currently, but whatever, at least it's not a bug.

In regards to my CPU, I am kind of left wondering if that's the root of the issue, considering that I can run literally any game on this PC with 0 problems so far besides Bannerlord. Checking my performance also shows that the game doesn't seem to bottleneck my CPU, and the freezes happens regardless of how many players are currently in the server. The game just seems to be badly optimized right now. At least steam users seem to get better results because they can opt out of certain beta features through the launcher.

Thanks again!
Your CPU is more than fine, I have a laptop with i7 9750H and P1000 (1650 equiv) and can load maps rather quickly and play with 60fps if I reduce my settings (graphics ain't the best).

Your CPU is more than fine, I have a laptop with i7 9750H and P1000 (1650 equiv) and can load maps rather quickly and play with 60fps if I reduce my settings (graphics ain't the best).
Thanks for the input.
Yeah, I had the same thought, considering that my game runs at a solid 60-80 fps even on higher graphics (when it decides to work). The issue is pretty random, but I don't think its because of my hardware. My GPU definitely takes a hit during games, but it's pretty powerful for a budget graphics card, and doesn't face problems with other GPU intensive games.

Just an update. Multiplayer still freezes 75% of the time when entering a game. I sent my logs, and no update for over a month.... So yeah.

Back
Top Bottom