Multiplayer: There will be protection against cheaters ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Therefore in the multiplayer, will there be protection from the autoblockers and the macro users?

Of course, in the first place, I consider the necessary protection against the autoblockers.

But also, I consider macro users cheaters who have the advantage over ordinary players.

I hope that developers will talk about this in some of upcoming dev-blogs.

If players want to cheat,they can always find a way to cheat and in many games including Bannerlord I do not believe that cheating can be prevented.By the way I do not mean there shouldn't be any work on preventing cheating.I think the best solution would be banning cheaters permanently from multiplayer.Or maybe even from both singleplayer and multiplayer.

~Mikail said:
If players want to cheat,they can always find a way to cheat and in many games including Bannerlord I do not believe that cheating can be prevented.By the way I do not mean there shouldn't be any work on preventing cheating.I think the best solution would be banning cheaters permanently from multiplayer.Or maybe even from both singleplayer and multiplayer.

Dunno If banning em from singleplayer Will help at all, or do ye mean If they cheat in singleplayer they should be banned?
Banning em permanently from cheating in multiplayer i can concur to though as they interupt and destroys The fun for everyone else.

SirStart said:
Dunno If banning em from singleplayer Will help at all, or do ye mean If they cheat in singleplayer they should be banned?
Banning em permanently from cheating in multiplayer i can concur to though as they interupt and destroys The fun for everyone else.
I do not mean they should be banned if they cheat in singleplayer.The point is just punishing them in a hard way.So that maybe they think twice if they intend to cheat.
Especially for tournaments,protection against cheaters is a requirement.
Gasset said:
How do you even ban someone from singleplayer?
Maybe by hindering players to join the game.I do not exactly have particular idea how it would be possible.

~Mikail said:
Maybe by hindering players to join the game.I do not exactly have particular idea how it would be possible.

Not sure banning a player from the singleplayer would be legal.
Even though it was, it would not be possible as the "hacker" could crack the game to remove from the game the conditional check whether the player was banned or not.

A multiplayer ban on another hand simply works by having the server not sending the packets (and therefore all the multiplayer communication) to the banned player.

Didnt rockstar Ban People from GTA 5 singleplayer and multiplayer when People cheated in MP as The game even in singleplayer was connected to their servers?
I do remember reading something about tha before.

SirStart said:
Didnt rockstar Ban People from GTA 5 singleplayer and multiplayer when People cheated in MP as The game even in singleplayer was connected to their servers?

Can't recall such thing, I even had one or two friends getting banned from multiplayer, none reported being banned from singleplayer.
Maybe were you thinking about the singleplayer mods ban ?

Ra'Jiska said:
SirStart said:

Can't recall such thing, I even had one or two friends getting banned from multiplayer, none reported being banned from singleplayer.
Maybe were you thinking about the singleplayer mods ban ?

Hm tha might be it, but there is something tha nags me in The back o me head about it, i shall delve deeper into this when i get home from work and can sit by me computer.

I believe that TaleWorlds will continue to support Bannerlord after its ( :iamamoron: ) release. Not bad like Warband at least. With the Battle of Bucharest happened I just hope that will continue.

All paradox interactive games support EAC (easy anti-cheat) so you can bet yourself that bannerlord will include EAC. Not that it would help much against auto blockers or macro users.

Mercenary_Frank said:
All paradox interactive games support EAC (easy anti-cheat) so you can bet yourself that bannerlord will include EAC. Not that it would help much against auto blockers or macro users.

Taleworlds isn't apart of Paradox anymore I think, but I'm pretty sure Taleworlds will put in something for it.

Mercenary_Frank said:

Pretty sure Paradox has been out of the picture for quite a while. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Ah mb should have checked it with google :facepalm:. EAC wouldn't have worked out for them anyway since editing the .text section will result in a direct ban so it will probably mostly get modders banned. A custom version of battleEye could be possible something similar like in the arma series but battleEye runs on the principle "as long as we catch all the criminals".

Mercenary_Frank said:
Ah mb should have checked it with google :facepalm:. EAC wouldn't have worked out for them anyway since editing the .text section will result in a direct ban so it will probably mostly get modders banned. A custom version of battleEye could be possible something similar like in the arma series but battleEye runs on the principle "as long as we catch all the criminals".

Not all modders, but WSE users.

That's effectively the reason why I would not support anti-cheat: because it'd close some doors regarding modding (well, WSE is acutally way beyond modding, but still).

Ra'Jiska said:
Mercenary_Frank said:

Not all modders, but WSE users.

That's effectively the reason why I would not support anti-cheat: because it'd close some doors regarding modding (well, WSE is acutally way beyond modding, but still).

WSE gets evaluated at runtime so the .text section gets changed at runtime causing you to get banned. Why do you think they never implemented the vac modules? Because vac just like eac bans when somebody reads or writes something in the .text section. Bannerlord needs something custom not include linux/macOS support,... It doesn't really matter the game isn't plagued by cheaters just a small bunch of people who keep things for themselves and have some fun with it.

Mercenary_Frank said:
The module system gets evaluated at runtime so the .text section gets changed at runtime causing you to get banned. Why do you think they never implemented the vac modules? Because vac just like eac bans when somebody reads or writes something in the .text section. Bannerlord needs something custom not include linux/macOS support,... It doesn't really matter the game isn't plagued by cheaters just a small bunch of people who keep things for themselves and have some fun with it.

Modules do not alter the original executable file. The executable reads the built module and deals with it.
According to your statement, having something done externally modifies the executable, if it was the case, any modification done to configuration files / maps / etc of protected games would trigger anti-cheat measures.

The module does not edit the code of the game.

Back
Top Bottom