Multiplayer take

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello everyone! Now I know many of you probably don't care for my opinion but I just thought I would throw my opinion out there about Bannerlord right now. I currently have roughly 50 hours on the game now and instead of writing a review and bashing the game, I'm just going to give my opinion along with constructive criticism from a player perspective. The game has not even fully come out yet and I think they really just delivered a snapshot of what the game will really be like, so I think people should just take a step back and watch the game develop instead of getting mad at the bugs and problems.

This is just my sole - mulitplayer take becuase thats really all I play.

My Multiplayer take:
The game so far has been a step up I would say for sure. There are a lot of things they could fix though too. Team Deathmatch is fun, just kinda confusing at some points when you spawn in on one side of the map, then when you die you spawn in on the other side, free for all spawn should not be used in TDM, just my opinion because it does get confusing. I'm going to leave captain out because I only played one game of it and did not really enjoy it at all, there is not any communication throughout teams I've noticed in every game mode like there was in Warband. The game mode that I play the most is definitely Seige. To make the game mode more fun I would add 100v100 and if the engine cannot run that right now at least make it 150 players total instead of 120. Seige, in my opinion, is the best game mode so far in the game, with the most amount of players in a game mode it makes it more fun, more killing, more team communication (to the little amount there is), and it just, in my opinion, flows better than the other game modes. Now saying that I guess the constructive criticism that I would give is:
-fix the class system, even the old Warband class system was better than this, much easier to understand and more options to pick what you want.
-archers are the way to overpowered and just a nerf would definitely help, there are some games where I see more archers than infantry and cavalry total.
- add private servers, this adds the idea of clans and allowing there to be full-on battles or wars on private servers, that's where the real multiplayer is. Coming from being in many clans in Warband and Napoleonic Wars, the game is way more fun when you're in a clan or regiment. Just my opinion though.

My final worry about the game: I am afraid people will stop playing the game before it really even comes out. I see tons of people bashing it on the forums complaining, the devs see it and work on it, I just think we need to work with them to help make the game better. The last thing I wanna see is this game ending up dead like Warband in its final years.

Just lower your settings if you can not run the game with 200 people in it
Lemme explain it for a simpleton like you. If you have 100 players 800/1000 people can run it. If you have 200 players 500/1000 can play it. Increasing player numbers offers barely any benefits gameplay wise as well.

Archers aren't OP per say, it's just there's 2 issues:
->once an infantry is about to reach them, they can simply start running (and outrun you) to reset the "fight" (aka you're back to square one dodging shots trying to reach them). I'v had this happen to me and I was trying to get to a heavy archer (in skirmish) yet he could outrun me -_-
->shields are extremely unreliable at blocking projectiles that even when I play archer I so easily shoot people in their legs and feet, I actually feel bad for them (and im not even a good archer nor play archer often).

If they make it so archers cannot outrun infantry without dropping their bow and to make shields protect better from projectiles, then the balance would be really good. Well beside cav-easymode but that's another subject.

Archers aren't OP per say, it's just there's 2 issues:
->once an infantry is about to reach them, they can simply start running (and outrun you) to reset the "fight" (aka you're back to square one dodging shots trying to reach them). I'v had this happen to me and I was trying to get to a heavy archer (in skirmish) yet he could outrun me -_-
->shields are extremely unreliable at blocking projectiles that even when I play archer I so easily shoot people in their legs and feet, I actually feel bad for them (and im not even a good archer nor play archer often).

If they make it so archers cannot outrun infantry without dropping their bow and to make shields protect better from projectiles, then the balance would be really good. Well beside cav-easymode but that's another subject.
They cant outrun you and theres still the fact that they are laser beams and deal as much dmg as a 2h weapon.

They cant outrun you and theres still the fact that they are laser beams and deal as much dmg as a 2h weapon.
I was outrunned in skirmish by a heavy archer (one of the 160 gold classes with heavy armor) while I was 140 gold class (varyag I think). Don't argue with me, I saw it and experienced it myself. And wow there, 2handers can 1 or 2 shot ppl (bardiche, faxx) while arrows do, at best for bodyshots, 35 damage if you're in light armor.

I was outrunned in skirmish by a heavy archer (one of the 160 gold classes with heavy armor) while I was 140 gold class (varyag I think). Don't argue with me, I saw it and experienced it myself. And wow there, 2handers can 1 or 2 shot ppl (bardiche, faxx) while arrows do, at best for bodyshots, 35 damage if you're in light armor.
I highly doubt that a heavy archer with can outrun a varyag. The accuracy we currently got will allow archers to consistently get headshots. You gotta ask yourself if you want to have arrows and xbows that hit as hard as a 2handed is what you want.

I highly doubt that a heavy archer with can outrun a varyag. The accuracy we currently got will allow archers to consistently get headshots. You gotta ask yourself if you want to have arrows and xbows that hit as hard as a 2handed is what you want.
If they land the headshot, good on them (and im no archer main but rather a 'hoplite' kind of guy), they deserve the damage. Certain throwing weapons, on the other hand, can 1hit kill or 2 hit kill people without requiring a headshot while you're capable of using a shield yet I don't see you complain about them. Archers need 2-3 headshots to kill, I'v yet to see archers pull that off reliably. To me, the only issue, again, is how easy it is for them to outrun infantry and how easy it is for them to ignore shields most of the time unless you have them shields the size of a door.

Back
Top Bottom