Unmodded

AoC

Master Knight
Summary: Not working multiplayer
How to Reproduce: Run game under proton
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs: Any with linux

Despite anouncement, the game is still not working even on beta client and proton experimental.

"As we mentioned previously, BattlEye on Proton integration has reached a point where all a developer needs to do is reach out BattlEye to enable it for their title. No additional work is required by the developer besides that communication. Partners have started turning on BattlEye support for their titles, meaning these games are now working on Steam Deck.

Starting today Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord and ARK: Survival Evolved's BattlEye anti-cheat systems are working on Proton, and we expect others to follow soon. If you'd like to try this out now, you'll need today's update of Proton Experimental as well as the Steam Client Beta.

If you're using BattlEye and would like to support Steam Deck, reach out to BattlEye directly to request that they enable support. If your game uses BattlEye and you have follow up questions for Valve, reach out to us here."

Only way i can read it is that multiplayer should be working when one use both proton experimental and steam client beta. There is no mention about Bannerlord beta.

It could also mean that 1.6.5 is working with BattlEye, but that would be odd.

I'm fairly sure DLSS was annouced for Bannerlord as "today" quite a bit before TW actually patched it in as well. TW time is just a bit different I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wouldn't expect it before the end of the year tbh lol

That announcement is made by Valve for Steam Deck for game developers. It is not related to Bannerlord on normal Linux versions. We have not stated that we are working towards that at the moment.

I regret buying it then.

I'm using steam beta, bleeding edge proton experimental and expected to run this game. It doesn't ask me for installing proton but for some reason it's not running even under those conditions.

I'm not expecting to run it out-of-the-box retail version, i expected to run it on bleeding edge software even with quirks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom