Multiplayer only less than 10 maps

Users who are viewing this thread

We like your multiplayer games very much. My friends and I play multiplayer games every night. However, there are few maps, only less than 10 maps.Hope to increase as soon as possible, thank you! :party:

They will do that, but currently they need to concentrate on thousands of bugs, which make the sp unplayable.
You're right, single player optimization is the main work right now, but uploading a few maps that already exist in single player games to multiplayer should be a breeze. For example, upload a few custom in-game field maps and castles to multiplayer games. Currently there are more custom game maps than multiplayer games.

While I generally prefer MP over SP, I don't see an issue with them focusing on pumping out the singleplayer scenes right now. They have few dedicated scene makers and it generally takes around ~3 weeks to finish a scene (from an older dev blog).

While I generally prefer MP over SP, I don't see an issue with them focusing on pumping out the singleplayer scenes right now. They have few dedicated scene makers and it generally takes around ~3 weeks to finish a scene (from an older dev blog).
I think developers just need to port the maps in custom game mode to multiplayer games and don't need to spend time developing new maps.

Hello,Will there be any new content for multiplayer?
ebIGtIG.png

It has alot of maps if you look into the files, we just arent allowed to play them. 002 or 007 is xauna i think, since it had a winter map version in beta.
Similar happens accros all the game modes and game modes that we dont even have.

3 weeks to make a map ??? 1 week I could understand, but at least if you take 3 weeks to make it, test it. You can go through most trees on SP scenes and you can glitch almost all MP maps. (The glitch aren’t even hard to find/fix). Map makers in Warband have made a better job in less time with lesser tools and they weren’t even paid for it. 8 maps in 4 years ...

ebIGtIG.png

It has alot of maps if you look into the files, we just arent allowed to play them. 002 or 007 is xauna i think, since it had a winter map version in beta.
Similar happens accros all the game modes and game modes that we dont even have.
You mean multiplayer already has a lot of map files? Those files are just not activated, right?There's even a new game mode that hasn't been made public yet? I think the official team can explain to us what the future plans are

You mean multiplayer already has a lot of map files? Those files are just not activated, right?There's even a new game mode that hasn't been made public yet? I think the official team can explain to us what the future plans are

Those map files are mostly incomplete, duplicates, or test maps. There are only a few there that look like they are near completion, but I still think they would need quite a bit of work if they were to be implemented in 6v6 skirmish. I'm sure that the same goes for the other siege and captain map files sitting there as well.

Those map files are mostly incomplete, duplicates, or test maps. There are only a few there that look like they are near completion, but I still think they would need quite a bit of work if they were to be implemented in 6v6 skirmish. I'm sure that the same goes for the other siege and captain map files sitting there as well.
Well obviously they arent finished, but how far would you need to finish something to play it? Most of them probably just need playtesting, balancing and optimization otherwise they wouldnt push them into the live build. They cant be dublicates otherwise they would share the same map number. The test map is labeled as test map.

Well obviously they arent finished, but how far would you need to finish something to play it? Most of them probably just need playtesting, balancing and optimization otherwise they wouldnt push them into the live build. They cant be dublicates otherwise they would share the same map number. The test map is labeled as test map.

Map 2 is Town Outskirts, 3 is Trading Post, and 7 is Xauna. By incomplete, I meant that when I tried to load them up they crashed my game, so unless I'm making an error they probably aren't in a position to be playtested yet; these are 6, 8, 9, and 10. It's almost certainly a poor measure of the level of development, but those maps' .xscene files in their respective folders - which describe the placement of objects around the map - seem to typically only be a fraction of the size of those of a completed map. They also often use the editor_cube, which I assume is a black-and-white checkered cube being used during map development, so they will probably demand a lot of visual work. Map 1 looks like it is also a test map, but that might be wrong.

739v7v5.png

Of the ones that are working, map 5 from memory looks like it will require a lot of decorative work from where it is, and it didn't look like it would play well to me. Map 13 is very, very large and open, so I wouldn't anticipate it being included in Skirmish unless Taleworlds goes all-in on Skirmish as a cavalry-only gamemode. Both Map 4 and battania_02/03 (they're duplicates) look like they are fully decorated and ready for playtesting, and could become good maps, but both look a bit too big for 6v6 to me. Their flags are all in a straight line between each other as well, which in my view is a poor design for skirmish.

Of course, the files we have might not necessarily reflect the level to which the maps have been developed since they were put there, but this is the state of the skirmish maps in the files right now.

Map 2 is Town Outskirts, 3 is Trading Post, and 7 is Xauna. By incomplete, I meant that when I tried to load them up they crashed my game, so unless I'm making an error they probably aren't in a position to be playtested yet; these are 6, 8, 9, and 10. It's almost certainly a poor measure of the level of development, but those maps' .xscene files in their respective folders - which describe the placement of objects around the map - seem to typically only be a fraction of the size of those of a completed map. They also often use the editor_cube, which I assume is a black-and-white checkered cube being used during map development, so they will probably demand a lot of visual work. Map 1 looks like it is also a test map, but that might be wrong.

739v7v5.png

Of the ones that are working, map 5 from memory looks like it will require a lot of decorative work from where it is, and it didn't look like it would play well to me. Map 13 is very, very large and open, so I wouldn't anticipate it being included in Skirmish unless Taleworlds goes all-in on Skirmish as a cavalry-only gamemode. Both Map 4 and battania_02/03 (they're duplicates) look like they are fully decorated and ready for playtesting, and could become good maps, but both look a bit too big for 6v6 to me. Their flags are all in a straight line between each other as well, which in my view is a poor design for skirmish.

Of course, the files we have might not necessarily reflect the level to which the maps have been developed since they were put there, but this is the state of the skirmish maps in the files right now.
Didnt actually bothered to open them ingame, didnt expect them to still only be cubes aswell if they are in the build. I didnt count the battania ones in since they got a different nameing convention, which i dunno why its used.

Game Designers usually use the cubes to design maps. So they are probably being tested if their layout is fun to play (probably map1 got some problems in that regard). Then they will get sent to mappers so their "skin" version gets created.

If its not possible to load them in, then they are probably cooked for some older version? We can deduct their level of completness from their references file though, which is a list of the placed prefabs and objects. The finished maps all got 700 objects probably to ensure similar performance.

006: 300 objects
Seems to be a harbour map. It needs polishing and more objects would be compareable to map 5? They maybe got some second testing when they reach 300 objects?

008_skin: 300 objects
Battania/Sturgia castle map?

009: 90 objects
So probably just started to get worked on.

010: 125 objects

Mordhau got an own mode designed in line-format called Frontline. It may has some gameplay issues but at least it adds gameplay variety. We had some cav maps in warband aswell. So i wouldnt be surprised if we got them in bannerlord aswell.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, there may be more work to be done on the multiplayer side, but I still think the quickest solution is to port the single-player map directly to the multiplayer side

Back
Top Bottom