Multiplayer mods can't be made until 2024 unless we find an alternative

Users who are viewing this thread

Reading this thread really makes me wonder about the future of Bannerlord. Simply put, Warband would not have lasted as long as it did without multiplayer modding support. The novelty will wear off sooner than you can add features to the game.

@Callum You're the community manager, we're your customers. It's up to you to take our feedback back to the people that make decisions in Taleworlds for them to understand what their community wants. Your role is not to repeat the same thing over and over and simply accept what you're being told. It's very dissapointing, have a think.

As with Warband, It's clear that there's a lot of talented people waiting for the chance to jump onto multiplayer modding. It's very foolish to push them away when they are the ones that breathe life into the game.
Yeah it's sad. It's become quite clear (See: Callum posting the song "Rock and a hard place") that Bannerlord's design is set up by at best a team of stuck up managers, at worst just Armagan, and that there's no way that it's changing. Nothing we can do about it but completely lose trust in TW, I guess.

TW just give the devs of those mods the tools they need. They obviously understand what they are getting into and no one plays Bannerlord for the cheap CoD Leveling and badges. This game at it's core is full of Cult followers that want... NEED modding to enjoy this game properly. They should have access to all the tools before we even have a copy of the game... Horrible PR and understanding of the community you have. Give them the fricken tools that they can obviously work better then you.

Since you've mentioned a few weeks ago that you're aiming fully release the game in March 2021
I was lurking this old thread for posterity's sake but I can't help but necro just to lol at this while chillin in June 2021.

What innocent lambs we were back in Nov of 2020.

If this game is coming out in Q4 2021 as currently planned, then I doubt it'll be much more functional than what we have now. BL is basically vaporware at this point.

I was lurking this old thread for posterity's sake but I can't help but necro just to lol at this while chillin in June 2021.

What innocent lambs we were back in Nov of 2020.

If this game is coming out in Q4 2021 as currently planned, then I doubt it'll be much more functional than what we have now. BL is basically vaporware at this point.
Actually this game is set to come out in Q4 of 2024 but we just haven't been notified as such

I remember when I first saw the title of the thread and thought it was pure exaggeration, but it's starting to seem quite true with the rate things are going.

Realeasing the game out of early acces before releasing the possibility for custom servers will be an absolute disaster.. For mp at least
BUT MP IS WHERE THE HARDCORE FANS ARE AT. Right ?
Maybe that was true at one point! Right now MP is where 100 players are, versus the 10k players that play single player. Bannerlord multiplayer is straight up dead, idk how that doesn't raise red flags for taleworlds that they did something very wrong.

Maybe that was true at one point! Right now MP is where 100 players are, versus the 10k players that play single player. Bannerlord multiplayer is straight up dead, idk how that doesn't raise red flags for taleworlds that they did something very wrong.

It doesn't raise red flags because it is THE VISION and we all know that THE VISION must remain unchanged and if people don't like it, well, then that must be something wrong with the people, never THE VISION.

Coming from a MP-modproject myself, all I can say is that it's frustrating beyond explanation. Many modders have already stopped caring it seems, and honestly I can't really bring myself to care beyond some memes anymore too. We invested time and ressources to get stuff going (e.g. prepared designs, objects, textures, sounds, maps etc etc), waiting for the moment TW allows us to provide something useful to the players, yet we don't have ANY indication on when and even if that is ever going to happen. For literal years. It feels like a big ol' "hahaha **** you we got our money anyways, so now come peasant, beg us to let you work on these dry old (rice)fields that we have created for you!"

Last edited:
It doesn't raise red flags because it is THE VISION and we all know that THE VISION must remain unchanged and if people don't like it, well, then that must be something wrong with the people, never THE VISION.

Coming from a MP-modproject myself, all I can say is that it's frustrating beyond explanation. Many modders have already stopped caring it seems, and honestly I can't really bring myself to care beyond some memes anymore too. We invested time and ressources to get stuff going (e.g. prepared designs, objects, textures, sounds, maps etc etc), waiting for the moment TW allows us to provide something useful to the players, yet we don't have ANY indication on when and even if that is ever going to happen. For literal years. It feels like a big ol' "hahaha **** you we got our money anyways, so now come peasant, beg us to let you work on these dry old (rice)fields that we have created for you!"

Certainly looks that way. If multiplayer being completely dead wasn't enough to motivate them to communicate more and at least justify their bizarre choices, then there's probably no hope.

Taleworld has 0 respect for its player base, every time i play this game i feel like i get spits in the face from Taleworld. They have their money and they dont give a single **** about the players.

That might just explains their unwilling - nor their incapacity or inability - to fix MP TDM-Siege crashes every 2 games that slowly crippling down MP numbers every day.

For literal years. It feels like a big ol' "hahaha **** you we got our money anyways, so now come peasant, beg us to let you work on these dry old (rice)fields that we have created for you!"
The culture in the forums of "please be polite" and "don't antagonize the devs" - which has been cultivated by some devs and mods and fans - is honestly toxic and counterproductive.

I've worked for tech companies. I've had to take calls from angry customers who paid 5-6 figures for enterprise software that f***ed up at critical junctures and who dialed my extension because the tech support line was constantly overloaded.

They were pissed. Paying customers who get let down and then ignored are entitled to be pissed. They shouldn't have to rephrase their frustration with a broken product just so a dev won't feel awkward forwarding said feedback to the guy responsible for fixing the f***-up.

If TW has the kind of corporate culture where serious issues with the customer base cannot be discussed in meetings for fear of causing offense, then they have much bigger problems than being behind schedule and I can't fathom why anyone would encourage it further.

Hey @Callum ... When I first got to these forums 5 years ago, I saw one of the most devoted fanbases anywhere... and that continued even up to the unsteady-to-put-it-mildly EA release last year. Now the forum is in open revolt and it's only going to get worse until there's a fundamental change with in the way TW communicates with TW fans.

Without a drastic departure from the status quo, the gangrenous antagonism brewing here is going to spread everywhere else. The fans in the forum will absolutely forgive and forget if that happens soon, but once TW gets a wider reputation for being a vaporware vendor - and becomes the butt of YouTuber and webcomic jokes - then that stink is never gonna wash off.

I know I'm being aggressive here, but it'd be really nice if you could empathize with where we're coming from, then articulate either an agreement that something needs to change or an explanation for a broader context that we're missing.

The culture in the forums of "please be polite" and "don't antagonize the devs" - which has been cultivated by some devs and mods and fans - is honestly toxic and counterproductive.

I've worked for tech companies. I've had to take calls from angry customers who paid 5-6 figures for enterprise software that f***ed up at critical junctures and who dialed my extension because the tech support line was constantly overloaded.

They were pissed. Paying customers who get let down and then ignored are entitled to be pissed. They shouldn't have to rephrase their frustration with a broken product just so a dev won't feel awkward forwarding said feedback to the guy responsible for fixing the f***-up.

If TW has the kind of corporate culture where serious issues with the customer base cannot be discussed in meetings for fear of causing offense, then they have much bigger problems than being behind schedule and I can't fathom why anyone would encourage it further.

Hey @Callum ... When I first got to these forums 5 years ago, I saw one of the most devoted fanbases anywhere... and that continued even up to the unsteady-to-put-it-mildly EA release last year. Now the forum is in open revolt and it's only going to get worse until there's a fundamental change with in the way TW communicates with TW fans.

Without a drastic departure from the status quo, the gangrenous antagonism brewing here is going to spread everywhere else. The fans in the forum will absolutely forgive and forget if that happens soon, but once TW gets a wider reputation for being a vaporware vendor - and becomes the butt of YouTuber and webcomic jokes - then that stink is never gonna wash off.

I know I'm being aggressive here, but it'd be really nice if you could empathize with where we're coming from, then articulate either an agreement that something needs to change or an explanation for a broader context that we're missing.
This all the way

image.png

Oh this didn't age well.

....hello? anybody still here?..

Back
Top Bottom