Multiplayer mods can't be made until 2024 unless we find an alternative

Users who are viewing this thread

:wink:

I'll definitely join your discord. Would love to be part of the discussion or help in any way my feeble self is able to.
Have you made much effort recently to get 0.8 customs running again or is this dream still in your mind eye? I'm also curious if the new modding tools could be used for maps and such or would the servers be similarly limited to small "design" changes as they were during your servers in beta.
not much effort yet, i got the 0.8.9 client running, still gotta port the useless stuff i did back then to support 0.9/1.0+ hoping they would reintroduce server behaviors back to 0.8.9, after that we have a running masterver + players are able to host games which other players are able to join

@Callum I believe I have heard something from AVRC stating that multiplayer doesn't have as many resources as they need to be able to push out content as fast as many in the community would like them to. So I want to ask you when and if any resources either already in your company or resources that you may acquire in the future whether that be new programs, equipment or employees would be directed to the multiplayer department anytime soon to help increase the flow of new content making its way into testing, beta or EA for the MP community?

So that's it then, @Callum? Just ignore my and everyone else's followup questions, I guess. No need to have a real conversation about this when you can just post a generic "this isn't happening" message, right?
I know you tend to reply to angry messages with nothing more than snarky comments ("What would you like to discuss" jumps to mind, right?), but for the love of god, I've been trying to have polite conversations with you guys about this since August 2019, and every single time you just post some generic comments that explain jack ****, and act like that's the end of that, if you even deign to respond at all. Talk about your plans. Engage in conversations. Your complete inability to do this has alienated 95% of your dedicated community.

Again:
  1. Could you please explain the reasoning behind waiting with dedicated servers until after the rest of MP is done? I can think of a few reasons myself, but I would like to understand TW's reasoning too.
  2. Since you've mentioned a few weeks ago that you're aiming fully release the game in March 2021, can we expect to have access to dedicated servers with the 1.0 release?
You know what would have prevented all this nonsense? An actual roadmap. So to add to those questions:
3. Why are you guys so averse to the idea of creating a roadmap? And no, the "this is what we're working on right now" posts are not a roadmap. For once: Define. Your. Scope. Of. Multiplayer.

I am honestly so absolutely fed up with this bull**** excuse of "community management". You guys have been dead set on creating a ridiculous excuse of a multiplayer since before the alpha, and completely ignore your own playerbase, unless it comes to the details that don't change jack **** about multiplayer as a whole.

Start acting like a community manager: the bridge between your developers and your community. Not a one-way street do funnel your company's will down the throat of your community.

Almost 9 pages have this thread. The PR department certainly ought to address this; the thread deserves a strong official response.
Please @Callum and @Dejan , take action. We are out there watching and waiting; for better or for worse... we are.

Almost 9 pages have this thread. The PR department certainly ought to address this; the thread deserves a strong official response.
Please @Callum and @Dejan , take action. We are out there watching and waiting; for better or for worse... we are.

I know this isn't the answer you want to hear, but our position on this hasn't changed since the last time this topic was discussed. Unfortunately, server files are a long way away, and won't be coming any time soon. And, with our current system, it isn't as simple as just sharing server files with you and away you go: there is a lot of work that needs doing before they would be ready to share. :sad:

The server files are not ready to be shared. There really isn't much more I can say beyond that, sorry.

Talk about your plans. Engage in conversations. Your complete inability to do this has alienated 95% of your dedicated community.
The server files are not ready to be shared. There really isn't much more I can say beyond that, sorry.

Right then. I'll be back in a few years to help others from the community create an actual enjoyable multiplayer experience. I hope by then your higher ups will be happy to have picked these hills to die on.

I guess MP have the same transparency problems as SP.

Really don't know how be honest can hurt Taleworld image, is too easy to be honest about what is happening and thoughts...

How come that there is no way to persuade Armagan?, for years
no Boss can be that blind to coworkers being annoyed about it??

why does Bannerlord have to be the best example of a Sole human beeing poisoning a whole community of passionate gamers?
stop armagan

I love it when people are asking why there is no roadmap, but the only thing being answered is "custom servers are not coming"

It's like watching a kid throwing toys out of the balcony. It's such a waste. TW will eventually understand that going against community will lead to nothing else than overall smaller community.

I don't have as much time for gaming as I used to but for the few games I follow it seems to be a normal thing to give regular updates on what's been done, what was the intention behind it and what's the general direction the game is going.

It's like watching a kid throwing toys out of the balcony. It's such a waste. TW will eventually understand that going against community will lead to nothing else than overall smaller community.

I don't have as much time for gaming as I used to but for the few games I follow it seems to be a normal thing to give regular updates on what's been done, what was the intention behind it and what's the general direction the game is going.

We do try to share information like this in our "Plans for..." posts. Here is the previous multiplayer one: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/statement-regarding-plans-for-mp-vol-4.432030/

We do try to share information like this in our "Plans for..." posts. Here is the previous multiplayer one: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/statement-regarding-plans-for-mp-vol-4.432030/

Maybe take a look at this:

and this:

Why no do it like that? Weekly updates, but not in form of a forum thread one has to go through in order to get information + roadmap of what's coming in near future and what's coming some time later. Every change is also accompanied by developer's comment containing reasoning behind it, so that the community can clearly know what was the intention even if it failed.

Right now, as just another player interested in your game and particularly in multiplayer modding area I have literally no clue if I should even invest time in it.

Back
Top Bottom