Multiplayer Leveling System, Whats with It?

Users who are viewing this thread

pixeltender

Recruit
So ya, I can't find any info about what the plans for level ups in multiplayer... I can think of all kinds of cool stuff they could do,,, like who played "War of The Vikings"? Does anyone have any solid leads on actual devs. plans though,,, would appreciate links, thank you.

Best guess? It's a placeholder for matchmaking so players are matched based on skill. Given that matchmaking works about 4%, I would say it won't end up being meaningful until they figure out how to actually make matchmaking work.

Best guess? It's a placeholder for matchmaking so players are matched based on skill. Given that matchmaking works about 4%, I would say it won't end up being meaningful until they figure out how to actually make matchmaking work.
Ya, I definitely can't wait till the matchmaking works properly and players get matched by similar levels. It's a sorry affair when one side is experienced and the other is all noobs... but I do hope there's more to it,,, like in "War of the Vikings" (made by TaleWorlds) you got cool capes n helmet engravings n such,,, So you could see the bad-asses coming on the battlefield,,, sometimes the noobs would just turn tail n run at the sight *:wink: so great... I hope they do that aswell...

IF matchmaking is based on level you'll have the F2P world of tanks/War Thunder problem and that is high ranks wont be able to find full games. and in a year or so noobs wont be able to find games. So I doubt this is the case for this game, I give them the benefit of the doubt

Matchmaking based on level is dumb design by default. It does not tell you anything except that person played game a bit more but it does not have to equal his skill.
Easiest way would probably be K/D/A rating system with brackets (like CS:GO, League of Legends etc.), which is something you can get closest to some kind of accuracy.
I can sort of see how this can work in skirmish mode, but it feels like a bit too much hassle for just one mode, since for siege, or any kind of bigger battle, this system is pretty much irrelevant.
I am curious if there are some further plans with this leveling system, although I am not a big fan of it and currently I see it only as some kind of incentive for players to keep playing just to show off that badge.
As was stated above, progress only counts if you play via matchmaking tool, custom games does not count.

Back
Top Bottom