Multiplayer is dying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Taleworlds seems to lose touch with what really matters when it comes to multiplayer. It is now dying, and balancing the classes (even though i enjoy it) is not the real issue right now.

North America is in DESPERATE need of a custom Siege server as soon as possible. The siege genre is dead already. 30 mins queue for a 10 mins game...I was super motivated for Sieges at first, since it was the s**t on Warband, but it always took me 30 to 40 mins to just join one, even on release, since i was crashing 3 times in a row when joining server, which made me go back to the "looking for server" over and over again. Since i was unable to join my beloved sieges, i tried Skirmish, enjoyed it, and never looked back. I assume alot of people are in the same mindset as i am, because Siege servers using the quick game system is absolutly dead, every time i try to join one, i end up dropping the queue and going in a skirmish instead.

Sieges need to last way longer than that, it should be a damn cluster of a fight that just lasts forever, where the attackers slowly and tediously push further and further and breach into the castle.

Fighting premades in Skirmish is damn obnoxious when you solo queue or duo queue with a friend. They fixed it when it comes to 6 man premades, but a 5 man premade will still ruin your game. If Taleworlds is not willing to "attack" these types of players by preventing them from facerolling unorganized groups of strangers, at least they should add some sort of Voice channel in the game so these total strangers such as myself can make some calls and play as a team.

Ranked matchmaking needs to be implemented ASAP, because as of right now, it feels way too meaningless, especially when it comes to Skirmish mode, where the real competition happens in my opinion. People in Skirmishes are just not even trying to win, they ignore the flags, and i dont blame them, it doesnt matter to win or to lose. There should be 2 levels of ranked system :
-Clan ranking (like scrims in counter-strike)
-Solo ranking (pure random, no premades whatsoever).

Skirmish and Captain are a pretty great addition to the game, i enjoy Skirmish alot, but people are also clearly asking for the Battle mode which was in Warband (2 teams fighting each other, no resurrection, no points to capture, just pure hunting).

People are not enjoying the class system. I dont really mind for it, i like most of it with some few exception (i hate being Khuzait, no proper infantry). We can keep this system or lose it, personnally i enjoy both the Bannerlord and Warband system. But lets be real, 90% of the players seems to hate it, people want to customize their own brand of "class" just like we did in Warband (and it would definitly solve my issue with Khuzait, thus allowing me to use a Glaive on a infantry)

Suggestion of a mode so simple :
-Variant of Captain mode in which it is only a 1 v 1 (and making it easy to join a game with a friend)

We choose the battle size, and then we choose our units, in which the cavalry and archers units have a % cap (they cant be more than 25% of your army for example, no cap for infantry), and then we face each other on a battlefield. So simple, and enjoyable for 2 friends who want to play against each other.

Last edited:
-Get rid of class system.. go back to gold and custom choices system from warband. Much better. I'm not going to get into it again, but the person or persons who decided on the actual "choices" for the classes either hit a random number generator or had basically no understanding of the actual game... and just winged it.

-Fix the servers crashing and lagging is an obvious one... but for a long time it seemed the Devs wouldn't acknowledge NA even had an issue with its servers... and the issues were MAJOR and constant, not random and rare.

-Fix the insanely annoying slow combat or "extra animation" that some have pointed out. Why do I cock my sword, then release, and then watch my character pull FURTHER back before actually striking forward... it makes the game seem lagey and awkward... Warband felt faster and smoother... as it is now, I have to release my lance like a full second early I feel like in order to time it right, it feels so awkward AND you can't get off as many swings and kill as many people in a row as you used to be able to.

MP is dying in NA at least, don't know about the other places. Barely even able to get a skirmish game at this point and siege is basically dead after the servers crashed consistently for weeks and devs did nothing about it, also the combat and classes making people that are vets of Warband mad.

-Get rid of class system.. go back to gold and custom choices system from warband. Much better. I'm not going to get into it again, but the person or persons who decided on the actual "choices" for the classes either hit a random number generator or had basically no understanding of the actual game... and just winged it.

-Fix the servers crashing and lagging is an obvious one... but for a long time it seemed the Devs wouldn't acknowledge NA even had an issue with its servers... and the issues were MAJOR and constant, not random and rare.

-Fix the insanely annoying slow combat or "extra animation" that some have pointed out. Why do I cock my sword, then release, and then watch my character pull FURTHER back before actually striking forward... it makes the game seem lagey and awkward... Warband felt faster and smoother... as it is now, I have to release my lance like a full second early I feel like in order to time it right, it feels so awkward AND you can't get off as many swings and kill as many people in a row as you used to be able to.

MP is dying in NA at least, don't know about the other places. Barely even able to get a skirmish game at this point and siege is basically dead after the servers crashed consistently for weeks and devs did nothing about it, also the combat and classes making people that are vets of Warband mad.
Totally agree. The class system is not it! Please go back to the customized load outs based on gold acquired through kills.

I think your 1v1 captain/custom battle idea is really cool and hope this is something that should be implemented. As for everything else the biggest issue is lack of custom servers. I have no idea why siege is matchmaking when it needs so many players to start. It also makes it harder for the community to grow as you no longer can have your "regular server" you go to often and know people there. I understand why private server files can't be released yet, but at least having custom servers for bigger modes like siege will be better than matchmaking.

We did acknowledge issues. Even in the statement we said that there are issues with one of our providers and we are moving our services to another one. However some issues you reported, like projectiles passing through enemies, likely has nothing to do with NA servers. Nothing changed on NA servers specifically on 24th. It is the same provider, same machines, same software. I wrote this before and you are still saying the same. You expect me to "acknowledge" everything people claim?

I mean, only thing you can do now is uninstall they aren't gonna scrap a whole system that they spent time and resources on to make the game less appealing. Even though they had a perfectly good system in warband that didn't need any fixing.

Something feels weird on NADuel at least. Even more delay and swings constantly coming out of wrong side (holding left swing, turns into right swing on release).

I can't speak for the NA community but I do agree with your points.
I especially like the idea of having 2 "levels" when it comes to Skirmish mode.
That way you can solve the issue of pre-made teams.
Kinda reminds me of how Rocket League does it with their casual & competitive modes.

TW already know that a huge majority of players don't like the class system.
They were many many discussions about that during the MP beta, many polls...

Forget it, TW just don't care.

Have you guys considered making a custom siege server for NA? It's kind of frustrating that we're going on one month of barely being able to play siege, if at all. Oceanic players even have their own custom server. This is a very irritating thing to not have when the solution is as easy as making a custom sever. I don't think bannerlord has the playerbase to support the matchmaking system you guys hoped to implement

OCE also doesn’t have the option to play skirmish or Captain mode. I would much rather have access to those two modes then siege. Siege is great currently but I think there’s only so many times in a month that people can play the same two-three maps, which is what is causing the player drop in my opinion.

For anyone who wants customization as an implemented feature/game mode - click here MULTIPLAYER CUSTOMIZATION THREAD - REPLY TO GIVE TRACTION

* I would like a game mode that does not use the class system, instead giving the players free choice in what gear they want to use - only hindrance being money earned. I'd most like to see you get to buy your own gear permanently over time, but even something simple as only earning gold for and items only for the duration of the match would be something.

* I too would like to have Siege somewhere other than match making, and if possible more than 30 minutes long. 40 min up to 60 min would be tremendous.

* I also believe that in a game mode of 6v6 such as Skirmish, any group greater than 2, that is 3,4, 5 or 6 people grouped up should only be able to play against other groups that are minimum 3, up to 6 players grouped up. This would leave "randoms" playing only with other randoms or at max groups of two on each team that are pre-made.

* Friendly fire in Siege would increase amount of fun and challenge.

* Battle mode with friendly fire would be fantastic.

Server crashes and stability I feel as if one shouldn't have to mention, but of course I want those prioritized too just as much as anyone else.

Thank you TW for reading and doing a good job!

Last edited:
Multiplayer hasn't even been born yet. We need DM and Duel servers! ?
we got duel servers

fHkCb2Q.png

You are complaining about many things. Why are you not looking for your own solutions?

Let me explain it you you, because most of your ''problems'' can be resolved instantly without struggle.

1: If you get annoyed by fighting premades; go do some games with premades yourself. This way you can get your own team on a higher level too. I only see positive things here.
2: You claim to have to wait 30 minutes for a 10minute siege. This is not true lol. Most of the people that queue for siege will immediatly queue again after a round of siege is done. This means that if you queue again immediatly after the siege you are almost 90% sure to get in a game instantly again.

Your arguments are total nonsense. Go wreak havoc elsewhere

Back
Top Bottom