Multiplayer is dying a slow death

Users who are viewing this thread

every mechanic that makes you blame the game and not yourself is a bad mechanic, block delay is one of them (unless you've been stunned by a heavier weapon ofc, does polestun still exist in bannerlord?)

As far as I am concerned, Mordhau “died” because of a poor development choices and lack of interest from dev team. It is of course to be expected that Bannerlord will lose a lot of the hype it has brought and therefore the numbers will go down, MP had poor numbers at the very start though.

I believe it is now more than ever when a roadmap is highly necessary. No longer do I say in Sp, what features to expect (certainly nothing clarified); but regarding the MP where they want to guide the scene, what changes they are willing to make... I don't know. I think it's great that the devs are giving their best and I know they are working hard; however this radio silence is not understandable (once again this behaviour). A very detailed roadmap, both in SP and MP; the Soon™ joke has long since stopped being funny.

@Terco_Viejo Yes! I totally agree with you Viejo! I think having a roadmap will certainly be beneficial! Currently we are only really aware of what we have in the game right now. Although there are many hints to features still to come, we haven't had much official information on what features and reworks we might expect of bannerlord in, lets say, the coming few months!

Taleworlds has claimed in the past to be a company that knows how to handle Early Acces games, this early acces period being a period of feedback and iteration. Now, not providing its users with roadmaps doesn't do much justice to this statement at all.

No new maps, no new cooperative modes, no upgrade rewards, all of which lead to repeated multiplayer content,The worst part is that there is no plan for update, no hope:xf-cry:

No new maps, no new cooperative modes, no upgrade rewards, all of which lead to repeated multiplayer content,The worst part is that there is no plan for update, no hope:xf-cry:
New maps and modes will come one way or another, there are more critical things like the said block delay, to which the whole M&B community says NO!

Please for the love of god, add custom servers. As I am typing this message, I have been queued for a siege for 2 hours (without stopping). If custom servers were a thing, I could at least play siege with the other 40 or so odd poor souls that try to get a quick siege mode in.

Please for the love of god, add custom servers. As I am typing this message, I have been queued for a siege for 2 hours (without stopping). If custom servers were a thing, I could at least play siege with the other 40 or so odd poor souls that try to get a quick siege mode in.
Siege mode takes 60 players to get started, but the average person can't wait for that to happen before giving up. The solution is simple: siege mode requires only 10 players to start the warm-up game, so the player won't leave and will start more and more quickly.

Too many flaws :

I) Lack of combat mecanics and bad designs :

-chamber is unreliable (unlike warband)
-3 out of 4 directional attacks are useless or too situational due to potential low damage (see handling) + low speed (unlike warband)
-the new handling stat is badly designed (angles are weird or tend to mess up with servs latency/client latency/serv tickrate) and is a source of furstration for most of us (even tho it's not such a bad idea, just wrongly done)
-kicks and shieldbash are too situational if not useless (unlike warband)
-Archery is way too accurate + archers have an insane amount of time to aim (unlike warband)
-et cetera...

II) Serv quality / mod options :

-Constantly crashing
-Feels laggy for many players complaining about input lags
-Map diversity is nonexistent in TDM even tho we know there's multiple maps available
-No private servs so far, which can be understandable tho
-Lack of famous mods : duels & battles.
-Leavers in skirmish
-I'm sure we can add a few more things...

And no, "EA" is not the sole answer you can oppose. Especialy considering that some flaws are obvious or that serv quality seem worse and worse.

u forgot crush through pokes there are so many negative things

As far as I am concerned, Mordhau “died” because of a poor development choices and lack of interest from dev team. It is of course to be expected that Bannerlord will lose a lot of the hype it has brought and therefore the numbers will go down, MP had poor numbers at the very start though.
they still got 5 times the playerbase we got in MP, their dev team is just too small to pump out enough content. Its still lacking a teambased ranked mode aswell.

I have never said that they don't have a bigger player-base, hence the quotation marks. But there was a big outrage in Mordhau because of some stuff that the community didn't like during the Mordhau development and a lot of people just stopped playing.

On a different note, I can see a lot of people in my friendlist that just stopped playing Bannerlord after 40 - 80 hours. It might be because 80% of my friendlist are competitive players but still, I insist that they know the best what's good and what's wrong with the MP. It clearly shows the current state of multiplayer. Obviously, SP will be main focus for a while and I encourage TW to do so, but they do not communicate at all and that's something that hurts the community more than any wrong development decisions and game-breaking bugs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom