Multiplayer is dying a slow death

Users who are viewing this thread

I guess in general it is a new game with new systems that we all have to get used to until we can all form a general consensus on how we feel as a community right now, because that the minute this community is split down the middle like a Cold War Berlin.

I agree, most fights in Warband would take place face to face within the same general area with some amount of footwork or movement. But this movement is minute compared to what I have experienced in Bannerlord.

you know well about this problem.
I talked too long last post. The bottom line is that should slow down movement speeds when fight.

Such people will always exist, but we want to keep it realistic, so we can't lower archers' athletics so much that a tincan will catch him, cause it would be not realistic.

Maybe in fight, but out of fight - maybe slightly. The moving backwards speed is already much slowed.

That's the problem. The forward speed is very fast, but the reverse speed is very slow. We've got to slow down the forward speed.

When I fight with a short weapon, no matter how fast I move reverse, they pass me and hit me on the back in a moment.

Because forward speed is too fast compared to reverse speed. TW need to get the ratio of this.

When I fight with a short weapon, no matter how fast I move reverse, they pass me and hit me on the back in a moment.
I've experienced this too, but isn't it realistic? It's hard to fight multiple opponents at the same time irl too.

Because forward speed is too fast compared to reverse speed. TW need to get the ratio of this.
TW could get a solution like mordhau/chivalry, where you start sprinting/running faster after not attacking/blocking for ~5 seconds. That would save the footwork on big battles instead of decreasing the speed just like that and forever.

Such people will always exist, but we want to keep it realistic, so we can't lower archers' athletics so much that a tincan will catch him, cause it would be not realistic.

Maybe in fight, but out of fight - maybe slightly. The moving backwards speed is already much slowed.

There are many ways to slow down when fighting.

In conclusion, it is the job that developers have to do. They know much better than we do.

but for example

1.Let's slow down the movement to the side.

2.Let's match the ratio of forward and backward speeds. Now the forward speed is too fast for the reverse speed.

3. If you run with a weapon in it, you can run faster.
Do we need to move with a weapon on our hands?
Some people say the map is so big so we cant move fast in a Map.
But when you're moving, you can put your weapon in your back
wouldn't it be okay to slow down the movement speeds when you're holding a weapon?

4.Let's make a very small delay so that we can't move right away when we jump and land.
slower than other classes,but It is now fast even in hard armor. There should be a penalty for wearing heavy armor.

At least it'll be better than what's going on.

Actually, Developers will know much better about this. But what's certain is that this is one of the big problems and needs to be fixed.
This problem is hard for players to know in detail.

To be honest, I don't think it would be a problem to slow down the class as a whole.

At least Savage and berserker are very fast.

I feel that 2vs1 is easier than Warband. and Do you think it is realistic to hit the opponent on the back in a face-to-face situation?
나도 경험해 봤는데, 현실적이지 않나요? 동시에 여러명의 상대편과 싸우는 것도 어렵다.

TW는 Mordhau2Chchivalry와 같은 해결책을 얻을 수 있습니다. 여기서 당신은~5초 동안 땅에 묻지 않고 뛰기 시작합니다. 그렇게 하면 스피드를 그렇게 영구적으로 줄이는 대신 큰 싸움에서 발 놀림을 줄일 수 있을 것이다.

1.Let's slow down the movement to the side.
Agree

2.Let's match the ratio of forward and backward speeds. Now the forward speed is too fast for the reverse speed.
We can't make those speed the same, it isn't realistic and it isn't good for the gameplay, if there is a 5v1 fight, the attackers tend to stack and if TK was ON they would perish quickly. Your proposition is too radical.

3. If you run with a weapon in it, you can run faster.
Do we need to move with a weapon on our hands?
Some people say the map is so big so we cant move fast in a Map.
But when you're moving, you can put your weapon in your back
wouldn't it be okay to slow down the movement speeds when you're holding a weapon?
Agree

4.Let's make a very small delay so that we can't move right away when we jump and land.
No, it was already in NW and The Deluge. Although such feature is in BL already it is a little better than the NW and Deluge's solutions, which were too radical, it is not enough fluent when jumping down 0,5m high box to stop for a second.

slower than other classes,but it is now fast even in hard armor. There should be a penalty for wearing heavy armor.
That's interesting, but it should be solved in a clever way.

Agree

We can't make those speed the same, it isn't realistic and it isn't good for the gameplay, if there is a 5v1 fight, the attackers tend to stack and if TK was ON they would perish quickly. Your proposition is too radical.

Agree

No, it was already in NW and The Deluge. Although such feature is in BL already it is a little better than the NW and Deluge's solutions, which were too radical, it is not enough fluent when jumping down 0,5m high box to stop for a second.

That's interesting, but it should be solved in a clever way.

2.It's because I'm not good at English. I mean, the ratio.
For example, if the forward speed is 5, the reverse speed is 1.

4.How about reducing the time in the air? I feel like I'm flying around right now.

and in Bannerlord, I feel like I've been soaping my feet..because too fast movement speed.

The important thing is that the forward speed is very fast.
I think side speed is fast, but forward speed is also very fast.

2.It's because I'm not good at English. I mean, the ratio.
For example, if the forward speed is 5, the reverse speed is 1.

4.How about reducing the time in the air? I feel like I'm flying around right now.

and in Bannerlord, I feel like I've been soaping my feet..because too fast movement speed.

The important thing is that the forward speed is very fast.
I think side speed is fast, but forward speed is also very fast.
Ah, OK, so you mean balancing the ratio, but reducing the time in the air, idk really.

Last edited:
Ah, OK, so you mean balancing the ration, but reducing the time in the air, idk really.
The bottom line is, make a system which slow down movement speeds when fight. It is up to developers to solve this problem. What do we know? Developers know much better.

RnAJ0BX.jpg

bannermemes

My main gripe with MP is that once you do get a game, it kicks you back to the menu once the match is over instead of just starting the next match. It's immersion breaking and often leads to me going to do something else rather than waiting a few more minutes again for a match and having to wait for warm-up phase (spawn camp: the mode). It would also be nice to search for games in multiple regions at once so you can take the first available match.

Last edited:
Although it's obviously hard to judge relatively, in combat and general movement every class feels faster than in MP Warband. Especially in combat.
In my experience it feels like the stats and class variety is so much wider than in WB that it isn't as trackable. In warband there were effectively only ever three classes while there are many different varieties in this.

I mean... there is still only inf, ranged, and cav. but now you have much fewer choices. objectively fewer. mathematically provably fewer. But please, expound upon how 36 options in BL is greater then the hundreds of combinations you get in WB. I look forward to the buzzword of 'meaningful' again.

EDIT: the 36 refers to a number crunch I did prior on how many options there were for infantry for the Battania faction. I dropped it without context here. whoops.

Last edited:
I think once they do updates on MP, life in MP will go up, but since we have no dedicated servers, most clans are dormant, and hurting in playerbase due to no dedicated servers. On top of that they haven't done any updates yet. I guarantee once they fix some issues on the mp, people will start to come back and play, but right now when you have 4 modes to choose from you are bound to lose playerbase. I find this current situation temporary, rather then permanent. It is just the lack of variety, and fixable/adjustable issues as of right now. On top of that the servers are in a bad location for NA's so people on the west coast have a literal 100 ping, and it makes it impossible for part of the NA playerbase to actually play with a proper ping.

Back
Top Bottom