Multiplayer is dead, and TaleWorlds killed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

The debate as to whether multiplayer is "dead" or not is simply counterproductive. Incontestably, the sole purpose of discussing this would be to place emphasis on already known facts. One could argue the community is "dead", or claim the multiplayer community is not at all sparkling (which would be correct for the most part). In essence, the resurfacing of such fruitless discussions have been shown to be a mere waste of time (granted that TaleWorlds does not reply to such posts) and we would all do good to contribute to a more effectual approach in an attempt to gain awareness for the arguably lifeless state of multiplayer. Make a video about it, write an official letter to TaleWorlds and have everyone sign it, do anything that could contribute to a multiplayer as most people want to see it.

The debate as to whether multiplayer is "dead" or not is simply counterproductive. Incontestably, the sole purpose of discussing this would be to place emphasis on already known facts. One could argue the community is "dead", or claim the multiplayer community is not at all sparkling (which would be correct for the most part). In essence, the resurfacing of such fruitless discussions have been shown to be a mere waste of time (granted that TaleWorlds does not reply to such posts) and we would all do good to contribute to a more effectual approach in an attempt to gain awareness for the arguably lifeless state of multiplayer. Make a video about it, write an official letter to TaleWorlds and have everyone sign it, do anything that could contribute to a multiplayer as most people want to see it.
Lol

Yeah, what? Write them a letter? I think they know our stance on it, we've been collectively saying the same things since alpha
But has anyone actually tried to write them a letter? They get far less letters than internet posts.
I bet they'll read it, particularly if it's a perfumed one in a pink envelope.

It wasnt ready for EA. Multiplayer shouldve at least been stable and seige playable. Not surprised they lost 80% playerbase within the first couple months.

Not surprised they lost 80% playerbase within the first couple months.
Which game doesn't? But like seriously, the amount of games who retain their playerbase from week 1 are very rare and that also wasn't planned. Considering that this is a SP focussed game the loss in playerbase is very logical.

Which game doesn't? But like seriously, the amount of games who retain their playerbase from week 1 are very rare and that also wasn't planned. Considering that this is a SP focussed game the loss in playerbase is very logical.
Warband doesnt.
TW just happen was Warband's dev too.

One of the ooooooold timey veteran players here, since 2006. I check in on Bannerlord every six months or so, because I enjoyed the hell out of Warband MP. It's a crying shame that nothing's improved, and servers are just as crashy (if not more so) than launch.

The real tragedy is that there seems to be no trajectory of improvement. I could pipe-dream that they would revamp the entire multiplayer experience to make it much more like Warband, but if nothing's happened in 2 years, I don't think it will ever happen.

Which makes Bannerlord out to be a loss, but doesn't negate the decade of fun I had with Warband, which I'll always treasure.

One of the ooooooold timey veteran players here, since 2006. I check in on Bannerlord every six months or so, because I enjoyed the hell out of Warband MP. It's a crying shame that nothing's improved, and servers are just as crashy (if not more so) than launch.

The real tragedy is that there seems to be no trajectory of improvement. I could pipe-dream that they would revamp the entire multiplayer experience to make it much more like Warband, but if nothing's happened in 2 years, I don't think it will ever happen.

Which makes Bannerlord out to be a loss, but doesn't negate the decade of fun I had with Warband, which I'll always treasure.
Without custom servers, mods and the community, warband would of been dead a long time ago.

Without custom servers, mods and the community, warband would of been dead a long time ago.

Yea, Warband multiplayer would have been pretty ****ty without all the community stuff around it. The community was what made Warband so big. I think the biggest problem is, that Taleworlds tries to focus on old players but in the same time get new players into the game and focus on what they expect. That kinda ends up ruining it for both groups.

Yea, Warband multiplayer would have been pretty ****ty without all the community stuff around it. The community was what made Warband so big. I think the biggest problem is, that Taleworlds tries to focus on old players but in the same time get new players into the game and focus on what they expect. That kinda ends up ruining it for both groups.
In what ways do the taleworlds devs do anything in multiplayer that remotely focuses on the older players. In many cases during the closed alpha they would go against what we said to the point it looked like intentional spite for someone just spectating the changes as they happened

I used to think they were trying to get both older and newer players in, but now i just i feel like they play a dart game on what stupid features they adding next.

In what ways do the taleworlds devs do anything in multiplayer that remotely focuses on the older players. In many cases during the closed alpha they would go against what we said to the point it looked like intentional spite for someone just spectating the changes as they happened
After having dumped 4000+ hours into warband multiplayer (albeit a majority is on PW, though I have played a variety of mods) I can fully say that TW is either completely incompetent or simply trying to spite us with Bannerlord’s excuse for a multiplayer. When everyone **** on this new garbage system and Callum said “we believe it is superior” regardless of everyone **** talking it, I fully believe they simply dug their heels in, not wanting to abandon all the work they put in, and doubled down on a system nobody enjoys. Then they are surprised when nobody likes it. It’s absurd.

What is it you are talking about here? What is the point of this thread?

Isnt this just a place for all you negative kids to go and pat one another on the back and tell how right you are? I believe theres a term for this, circle back patting or something like that. Absolute nothing to learn or think about from this thread. Just a bunch of butthurt teens (or manchilds)

Edit: Circle jerking?

The captain games are more populated then ever. Faction balance is more legitimate than ever. They need to improve a.i and up troop counts for cap mode. Even if every unit type got +3 for what they deemed balance worthy it adds at least another 40 units to each battle

The captain games are more populated then ever. Faction balance is more legitimate than ever. They need to improve a.i and up troop counts for cap mode. Even if every unit type got +3 for what they deemed balance worthy it adds at least another 40 units to each battle
What world do you live on?

I used to think they were trying to get both older and newer players in, but now i just i feel like they play a dart game on what stupid features they adding next.
gfuw424.png

Playing MP every day. Its great. Full servers ftw. I love it, having a blast! :grin:

Back
Top Bottom