Multiplayer is dead, and TaleWorlds killed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

I think No Man's Sky proved trying after failure can be beneficial and successful.

NMS was just released too early and rode a ridiculous wave of hype all the way to a catastrophic release. I think currently the game is how sean murray intended initially. It's still sucky and boring, but more of a real game.

Bannerlord's release wasnt anywhere near as catastrophic as NMS. The crest of the hype wave wasn't nearly as high, the press attention wasn't as focussed, and as a result there is no strong impetus to do anything. There is no wave of hysteria like buyers threatening to sue the developers or whatever. Armagan is just too chilled out. And to be fair he's been working on these stupid ass games for 20 odd years. I'd stop caring too at that point.

NMS was just released too early and rode a ridiculous wave of hype all the way to a catastrophic release. I think currently the game is how sean murray intended initially. It's still sucky and boring, but more of a real game.

I definitely think this is more of his original vision, and there's still more to come. Although I don't think it's boring or sucky (anymore), it's actually quite a lot of fun now, with tons to do. My problems with the game is that building is still really garbage (with bad locking), there's still not too much to build with material wise and performance can get bad fast, but everything else has been a lot of fun in my opinion. I'm hoping those last two things get adjusted and updated.

Bannerlord's release wasnt anywhere near as catastrophic as NMS. The crest of the hype wave wasn't nearly as high, the press attention wasn't as focussed, and as a result there is no strong impetus to do anything. There is no wave of hysteria like buyers threatening to sue the developers or whatever. Armagan is just too chilled out. And to be fair he's been working on these stupid ass games for 20 odd years. I'd stop caring too at that point.
It wasn't as bad, but I mostly just meant the turn around for NMS should be a beacon of hope for just about any game. And so if NMS, from its horrible launch and state of game, could achieve what it did, there's really no reason why Taleworlds couldn't do something similar.

Hmm, well now I'm wondering if there had been threats of lawsuits, if this game would turn around much faster. lol

I hear that since Alpha. People proclaim the multiplayer dead on a regular basis and yet, it's still far from dead.
When people say dead they don't mean 0 people. Something can be considered dead when barely anyone plays it anymore. And this is the case for bannerlord multiplayer.

e56f3c4d5b8f900e329bf04609271498.png

This is dead.

I hear that since Alpha. People proclaim the multiplayer dead on a regular basis and yet, it's still far from dead.

There's less than 200 people playing Bannerlord online on a good day, how is that "far from dead"? You do know that a video game can still be considered dead even if the people playing it number only in a dozen or so, right? It doesn't have to be 0.

There's less than 200 people playing Bannerlord online on a good day, how is that "far from dead"? You do know that a video game can still be considered dead even if the people playing it number only in a dozen or so, right? It doesn't have to be 0.
I mean it's not really a "dozen or so" either, not as big as it should be but it's defiantly people overly proclaiming "dead game lul"
End of my day I can log on and play with an almost full server in tdm, captain mode or siege every night and that's with siege constantly crashing, i'm not trying to convince you it's popular because it's really not, but it's certainly not dead either

I mean it's not really a "dozen or so" either, not as big as it should be but it's defiantly people overly proclaiming "dead game lul"
End of my day I can log on and play with an almost full server in tdm, captain mode or siege every night and that's with siege constantly crashing, i'm not trying to convince you it's popular because it's really not, but it's certainly not dead either

I never said it was a dozen or so, I was giving an example to explain that it doesn't have to be 0 to be considered dead. I said there was less than 200 hundred people playing it, which is by no means a large number. There are nearly 20k people playing SP and only 150 daily playing MP. That's dead.

A game released in 2020 with less then 200 players at any given time is dead to me.

So who sets the rules when a game can be considered dead? I think that as long as I can find a match in an evening to play, the game's still alive. I WISH that I could do that with every multiplayer game I like.

I never said it was a dozen or so, I was giving an example to explain that it doesn't have to be 0 to be considered dead. I said there was less than 200 hundred people playing it, which is by no means a large number. There are nearly 20k people playing SP and only 150 daily playing MP. That's dead.
Well like I said I'm not trying to convince you but I guess I'll be playing a "dead game" and it's game modes with almost full servers tonight and the foreseeable future ?‍♂️

well I got home and booted up for a seige game and this is just a thursday around 7:40gmt
20211111193449-1.jpg

Last edited:
Well, if you go by internet definition and what is broadly accepted, it's any game where it is by average under 500 and annoying/difficult to get into an online match with. This definition sprung up to help clarify that the community is in poor state, as in its dwindling or on the last step toward death. To help people from buying games that aren't really played anymore.

If Bannerlord MP maintained more than 1k, I wouldn't call it dead at all. But instead it struggles to maintain 150 people a day.

Well like I said I'm not trying to convince you but I guess I'll be playing a "dead game" and it's game modes with almost full servers tonight and the foreseeable future ?‍♂️

I'm just trying to say that you (guys) finding full servers (on rare times/occasions) doesn't mean MP isn't dead if the player base still can't breach 200. It's just not in a coffin yet, that's all.

We can do a whole lot of debating whether its dead or not. The thing is that i perceive slowly dwindling player numbers from low to lower. It doesnt bode well for the future. To be honest, considering the direction of where MP development is headed, i don't have much faith in numbers restoring after full release.

Anyway's... I wonder why i even bother to regularly check on the forums. Nothing New, always the same faces (even banned ones still here under alter ego's), TWs head in the sand, a few bitter players and a handfull of naive optimists... I think to say this is as good as it gets could be nearer to the truth then we would like to admit.

Back
Top Bottom