Multiplayer is dead, and TaleWorlds killed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

It's been, what, 18 months since EA launch? You'd think that be enough time, but for some reason I can't seem to begin to have in a multiplayer match without a classic, trademark, TaleWorlds moment (i.e., server crash). It's mind-numbingly infuriating, a slap in the face to everyone who humored this project for the past decade or so. But don't worry! Private servers are on the way! Right? Hold on, let's fix a crash in singleplayer where, if the player is wearing green boxers on a Thursday between 3-4 pm, it may or may not crash, depending on the month.

Oh? What's that? The multiplayer is basically unplayable? Have no fear! Battanian peasant speed has increased from 5 to 6. Phew! What a major concern FINALLY addressed. What the hell are these guys doing? I forked over my cash money, I want to play siege battels. You know, the one type of gamemode that's actually best experienced in Mount and Blade? But hang on- TW increased the number of Sturgian hunters in captain mode (also dead as a f***** doornail, btw) from 12 to 13!

Is this some sort of hilarious practical joke? Am I actually at the epicenter of some sort of cosmic prank? Surely a game developer, in the year of Our Lord 2021, has figured out how to stabilize a basic multiplayer server. But perhaps this is an impossible task. Perhaps I'm the imbecile for thinking that online sword fighting is some impossible feat. Whatever, as long as patch 1.5.1.3.1.6.6.2 adds more marriable females, I'll make a Reddit post sucking up to the devs for pouring so much time and effort into this game I paid for. Lol.

We've had semi-stable servers for a patch or so and Taleworlds couldn't have that so they ****ed em up this patch. And what did they even add? Which of these 3 changes managed to mess up servers so badly?

Multiplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred while trying to display player names.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when connecting to a match.

Other - Miscellaneous
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the team selection screen from being displayed in Siege mode.

We've had semi-stable servers for a patch or so and Taleworlds couldn't have that so they ****ed em up this patch. And what did they even add? Which of these 3 changes managed to mess up servers so badly?
Probably one of the crash fixes, all the players in seige yesterday crashed and everyone rejoined the server and the server was continuing as if nothing happened

Edit: but obviously the game didn't even finish before the server died

The reason they do a lot of those "5 to 6" changes is simply because its a very minor thing, which they can do probably in a minute. The bigger changes need much more time, thus we see them more rarely.

I think TW launched their finale offensive to kill off whatever is left of the community. We have servers that crash even 1 minute after the start of the actual round. Why go through the effort. They could have just asked us politely to stop playing.

I actually took a hiatus from the game, maybe 4-5 months, and only got back into it recently. MP was still pretty wonky, but I was actually having a good time (thanks largely to a lack of cav spam lol), but I remembered the servers being generally stabilized, or at least, well enough so that I could comfortably play for an few hours with 50+ people. Whole reason I made the post was the crashing this Saturday was incessant and I was drunk and angry. Obviously it's been a problem since launch, but I really thought that they'd overcome the hurtle well enough by now.

I'm basically theorizing that TW is just trying to get all the pieces out of the box and onto the table before they actually bother putting the puzzle together. If MP is dead now, they can just get themselves sorted before the official launch and hope that a fresh reminder of the game's existence revitalizes the player base. If that's their plan, I hope it works, but the two-year anniversary of early access is rapidly approaching and the MP is still dwarfed by Napoleonic Wars and even Warband, which is completely ridiculous for a game that's already spent the better part of a decade in development.

It's been, what, 18 months since EA launch? You'd think that be enough time, but for some reason I can't seem to begin to have in a multiplayer match without a classic, trademark, TaleWorlds moment
Yeah, I would just have a small correction for the title.
It would have been killed if it had ever been alive. It was a stillborn.

Not only is this metaphorical baby which represents Bannerlord stillborn but it came out in pieces and they've glued them back together in order to nerviously present the heir to their toilet throne to us mere pesants.

Sadly I doubt they'll ever be willing to graciously allow the modders to do their thing and create beautiful art such as we experienced in Warband, as they seem to be deliberately making it difficult to do said modding, I suspect someone at taleworld was jealous that the modders were all capable of doing a better job and were thus more popular than their pitiful base Warband game experience.

I don't know if I could post in this thread but I don't really know where to otherwise. I played Warband since the launch, first the singleplayer, but I got around 1600 hourse mosty in Multiplayer. I bought Bannerlord when it became availible, first of many others. But I can't play it now, I really hoped the MP would evolve on warband success, it was perfect, we needed polish, new engine and new graphics. So i'm really want to know why did you go with this ****ty CoDesque matchmaking and class like system of character creation. Please, look at warband, it's perfect, you don't need additional system for making enjoyeble multiplayer for this game :sad:(( I love you taleworlds, please do something

I don't know if I could post in this thread but I don't really know where to otherwise. I played Warband since the launch, first the singleplayer, but I got around 1600 hourse mosty in Multiplayer. I bought Bannerlord when it became availible, first of many others. But I can't play it now, I really hoped the MP would evolve on warband success, it was perfect, we needed polish, new engine and new graphics. So i'm really want to know why did you go with this ****ty CoDesque matchmaking and class like system of character creation. Please, look at warband, it's perfect, you don't need additional system for making enjoyeble multiplayer for this game :sad:(( I love you taleworlds, please do something
Why did everyone played warband? Cause of the community and the mods, this will be the same with bannerlord

Back
Top Bottom