MP Multiplayer Custom Server LAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi! As we just got custom server - hooray and many thanks for this! - I would like to ask:

Are there any intentions to support LAN play in the future? I do mean will it be possible to host a custom server on my network and let all (or at least the most) requests stay inside the network. We still like to organize LAN partys till this day (I know we are unfortunately a minority) but our internet connection isn't strong enough for 10 players playing over internet. A LAN mode would be absolutly incredible and shouldn't be much work for you (at least from my field of view). I do understand that a pure offline LAN is probably off the table because of the master server stuff.

The easiest way I see at the moment for you to implement this without breaking anything else could be to allow us to simply set the reported ip in the server configuration. In this case I could configure "ServerIp 192.168.2.20" and the server reports itself like usual to the master server. And all connecting clients will go to this ip instead of the public internet ip.

Last edited:
It never died :smile: Yes with the rise of games-as-a-service-bull**** it got far less but from time to time even prominent games like halo infinite have a lan mode. And in this case here there is no real reason against as we now already have dedicated server to host on our own.

Back
Top Bottom