Need More Info Multiplayer Connection Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

I have only ever been able to play singleplayer due to my connection issues with multiplayer.

Now, I come back after I took a 2 month break from Bannerlord, and I still have the same issues, which you would think would be addressed in some way if someone else had my issue.

On the left side of my screen there are two red error symbols, one of a stick person and another of some circles connected to each other.

https://gyazo.com/fb954c76181f0bd713bef272c868a427

Really annoying, it delays all of my actions and I haven't been able to properly play multiplayer even in my own North American servers. Although the effects would be a bit reduced, it was still extremely sporadic upon when the connection would mellow out and when it wouldn't, and practically unplayable.

I love Mount & Blade, and Bannerlord has been amazing. But, I'd really like to be able to play multiplayer eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I experience this with every MP game, whether it's captain, siege, or team combat.
I've tried resetting my router, verifying my game cache, and I've even left the game alone and waited for an update for two months.

By MP game i was asking that if you are experiencing this with any other game than Bannerlord that has MP features. This does not look like something we can fix on our end. But still forwarded to developers.

It was initially linked to me trying to find a solution to my single player stutter sort of lag that many other players experienced as well.

I found these first two links, and after reading a couple of posts realized it had something to do with my audio.
It was particularly the steam post that helped me, where I went into my Sound Settings and went to toggle of Sound Enhancements.

I'm not entirely sure why, but apparently it has something to do with the fact that Bannerlord is supposedly poorly optimized for it's audio, which many other people seemed to agree with according to these posts and other encounters with players online.

After resetting my sound, I went into Multiplayer to see if it was fixing my lag too, as it did with my Single-player experience. And, what would you know! It was my audio the entire time! Now, there are still some stutters here and there of course, it was a pretty rough fix but it did the job, and a significant one.

Now, I've got no clue how the audio works and how it interferes with my game play, but if I were to guess it may have something to do with the amount of sounds played at once, or what kinds of sounds I would guess. Because I also went into my performance settings for my game, and turned down the amount of sound channels I had as well, which sort of fixed it a bit as well. But, it was MAINLY the fact that I went into the sound settings for my computer.

Here are my specs:
Processor: 8 GEN Intel Core i7+ Processor 8700
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580x 4GB GDDRV
Hard Drive: 1 TB Hard Drive 1 GB Intel Optone Memory
Memory: 8 GB RAM

Hope this was of some use!
Thanks!

Apparently my error symbols, which I showed earlier with the stickman with an exclamation point on him and the circles connected,
have to do with my ping. But I play in an exclusively NA server, and I live in America.

Some have blamed this on the anti-cheat system but I have no clue. But now I just know that, even my multiplayer issues are related to ping, although I shouldn't be having any ping issues since I'm in the servers that I'm supposed to be in! I was even playing a game today, and the people there told me that they were in an NA server, and their pings were around 20-50 never above 90. And they all lived in various areas around the US, one lived in the West Coast, another East Coast, and both had fine pings. Theoretically I should have the best ping in the server if west and east coast had average pings, but I had horrible ping!

Back
Top Bottom