MP Multiplayer Class System

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm gonna quote myself here to bring in what I said in another thread.

Klausolus said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
To be able to use the same system for all game modes - Captain mode and Skirmish mode etc.
This is the main point I want to address, while I think the current class system fits skirmish and captain battle pretty well, it just doesn't work in modes where no additional variables (rings, army size) are in place. If nothing changes, these other modes will just remain a superficial and aimless slaughter, with people joining a server, killing people for a few minutes and then leaving out of boredom, because the replayability factor just isn't there. In Warband there was a sense of progression that added a necessary layer to some very basic game modes, which are not nearly as enjoyable once such progression is stripped from them.

I consider this to be pretty relevant and something that is being heavily neglected by Taleworlds, as they're quite clearly focused in the captain battle and skirmish modes and leaving behind the other modes.

FBohler said:
With set classes they can at least try to balance the less used into the game.

This is almost impossible to do with open ended customization.

I disagree, in Warband they had to balance 3 classes per faction and their respective item pool, in Bannerlord they have to balance 7 classes per faction and their available items, which are of course less, but the difference isn't that big. There isn't a massive change in terms of balancing complexity. Warband multiplayer might not be perfectly balanced, but that is, for the most part, because Taleworlds never really bothered attempting to fix its issues, even when some of them were quite noticeable.

I guess that this time around they will actually put in the effort to fix the balance issues somewhat consistently, as they seem a bit more compromised with the multiplayer side of the game (even if they've taken some really poor decisions).

But what worries me is that we basically know nothing about their plans, they are not transparent with their ideas and are failing to properly communicate with the playerbase. If they had a record of getting things just right at first try (which they don't), I would be a lot more confident about the state and direction of the game. The beta isn't looking great and the fact that they hardly ever respond to feedback isn't helping at all.

Klausolus said:
I'm gonna quote myself here to bring in what I said in another thread.

Klausolus said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
To be able to use the same system for all game modes - Captain mode and Skirmish mode etc.
This is the main point I want to address, while I think the current class system fits skirmish and captain battle pretty well, it just doesn't work in modes where no additional variables (rings, army size) are in place. If nothing changes, these other modes will just remain a superficial and aimless slaughter, with people joining a server, killing people for a few minutes and then leaving out of boredom, because the replayability factor just isn't there. In Warband there was a sense of progression that added a necessary layer to some very basic game modes, which are not nearly as enjoyable once such progression is stripped from them.

I consider this to be pretty relevant and something that is being heavily neglected by Taleworlds, as they're quite clearly focused in the captain battle and skirmish modes and leaving behind the other modes.

FBohler said:
With set classes they can at least try to balance the less used into the game.

This is almost impossible to do with open ended customization.

I disagree, in Warband they had to balance 3 classes per faction and their respective item pool, in Bannerlord they have to balance 7 classes per faction and their available items, which are of course less, but the difference isn't that big. There isn't a massive change in terms of balancing complexity. Warband multiplayer might not be perfectly balanced, but that is, for the most part, because Taleworlds never really bothered attempting to fix its issues, even when some of them were quite noticeable.

I guess that this time around they will actually put in the effort to fix the balance issues somewhat consistently, as they seem a bit more compromised with the multiplayer side of the game (even if they've taken some really poor decisions).

But what worries me is that we basically know nothing about their plans, they are not transparent with their ideas and are failing to properly communicate with the playerbase. If they had a record of getting things just right at first try (which they don't), I would be a lot more confident about the state and direction of the game. The beta isn't looking great and the fact that they hardly ever respond to feedback isn't helping at all.

taleworlds is very very strong  :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom