multi-mesh scabbards?

Users who are viewing this thread

octoburn

Grandmaster Knight
okay, so I had been working on something over the last weekend, spent alot of time working on scabbards (well, not really working on, just repositioning the hilts to fit native scabbards, and a hell of alot of import/exporting...) but they had to be multi-meshed because the texture sheet for the swords was full.... I assumed this worked, as I had seen it mentioned before, but when I tried it in game, it only displays the hilt and no scabbard... has anyone made a multi-mesh scabbard successfully? if so, what was the method? I've tried the following formats for the scabbards (names are just an example):

scab_sword
scab_sword.2

then putting "scab_sword" in as the mesh name in python...

and:

scab_sword.1
scab_sword.2

then putting scab_sword and scab_sword.1 (on different attempts, not at the same time) as the mesh name in python...

yet all I get is the hilt? any suggestions?

and yes, they appear fine in BRFEdit.

octoburn said:
okay, so I had been working on something over the last weekend, spent alot of time working on scabbards (well, not really working on, just repositioning the hilts to fit native scabbards, and a hell of alot of import/exporting...) but they had to be multi-meshed because the texture sheet for the swords was full.... I assumed this worked, as I had seen it mentioned before, but when I tried it in game, it only displays the hilt and no scabbard... has anyone made a multi-mesh scabbard successfully? if so, what was the method? I've tried the following formats for the scabbards (names are just an example):

scab_sword
scab_sword.2

and:

scab_sword.1
scab_sword.2

then putting scab_sword and scab_sword.1 (on different attempts, not at the same time) as the mesh name in python...

As far as I'm aware, the only things you can multimesh are scenes, scene props and weapons/shields (and maybe helmets and boots). Anything else is no-go. All the scabbards you see in-game are actually single meshes.

Oxidisably,
Winter

octoburn said:

scab_sword
scab_sword.2

and:

scab_sword.1
scab_sword.2

I have tried that a lot but you can not add the empty and full scabvard frames to the both parts of multimesh.So it won't work.

thanks for the responses... I guess the only way to solve it is to replace the blade textures with the scabbard textures on the sword texture sheet...

Back
Top Bottom