SP - World Map Much more instable campaign (than warband) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Oops wrong Thread, I can't find the option "delete"

First I'd like to give my impression on this early access version

Like most most of the players I feel this new M&B has an enormous potential but right now it's nowhere near warband in term of single player campaign experience.

I remenber the WB campaign was very long and stable. No faction would snowball the map, constant shifts in war policies would balance the world. This would give the player the time to experience many situations (lone adventurer, commerce oriented, mercenary, vassal, etc) while this Banerlord campaign runs actually much faster.

My current situation now : I'm a WE vassal. The WE is at war with every factions of the game (I don't remember this occuring in WB but I did only 4 campains). The WE is crowded with additional lords joining as mercs (maybe 30 or more). I have not enough influence to form an army and the soldier stocks are totally depleted by all these mercenaries running everywhere in the WE. As a result, few WE armies are formed but they seem less and less joined by the lords and get thiner and thiner. As a conscequence, these armies never get more than 250-300 and keep circling within the kingdom in a loop because it seems that they try to recruit but all villages are depleted. I guess I have no choice but leaving the kingdom because I can't increase my influence by recruting and stacking soldiers in castles.

Now the pb is : It happens now with the WE, but before I was with the sturgians, and the same situation was building up (we were suddenly at war with 4 factions). I left them before the situation would get problematic. I feel very confused the same situation is repeating now with the WE.

I don't know if it's a diplomacy/balance bug or if it's intended. I just know it does not feel like a long, stable and confortable campaign like in WB, and personally, I don't like that too much. Now if it is a bug indeed, that drives me to this humble suggestion:

U Devos should focus on that as a priority because a broken balance on the campaign is likely to exaust many players as they invest time in their campaign.

Last point :
I think free early access a disappointing path. I think charged early access a very very disappointing path. And the early access thing can certainly not be used as an excuse since u charge.

Sorry for my english, good luck devs, hope u overcome these issues :smile:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom