[MP/SP] What mod should I make?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

domipoppe

Knight
Old Guard
Hello,

I hope the moderators can leave this topic here cause I think it's the best place, this thread would be converted into the WIP thread of the module then.

I tho about making a mod for Warband which people will enjoy till Bannerlord.

I'm kinda developing Blood & Faith at the moment:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-faith

but I think the attention/attraction/interest to it is really bad.
I mean, of course the community is not that active & big anymore to play but still, it's really low interest on it.

So I thought about making a mod.
What ideas do you have?
I primarely love to mod MP mods cause they are more intense in my opinion.

I made a little poll about what I had ideas about where you can vote on.
Maybe share this topic to some people. Also if people wanna work with me just tell me.

My ideas:
- Finishing Blood & Faith
- Making a NW style WW2 MP module
- Making a Hunger Game/Fortinite Battle Royal like MP module (without that annoying kinky stuff)
- Creating a some kind of Age of Empires MP module (players build their castle, defences and so on and they fight against each other till some special point where one team wins. Maps are completely reset. Such battles/fights might take more than 5-10 hours till their are finished and players can always drop in or out)
- Creating a module like Mercenaries/C-RPG with some special setting (Lord of the Rings, WW2, ... any ideas?)

https://www.strawpoll.me/15148115

Hope you can help me.

gokiller said:
Try SP. Multiplayer takes way to much effort that is easily wasted because of a simple lack of interest from the community.

The question would be, what SP mod would be that good so it is played?
The SP mod collection we already have is pretty big imo and filled with great mods like Veiled Star, Brytenwalda etc.

Alphα said:
you should rest  :fruity:

Resting is boring  :lol:

domipoppe said:
gokiller said:
Try SP. Multiplayer takes way to much effort that is easily wasted because of a simple lack of interest from the community.

The question would be, what SP mod would be that good so it is played?
The SP mod collection we already have is pretty big imo and filled with great mods like Veiled Star, Brytenwalda etc.

[...]

The answer is simple. Make something that has Viking Conquest features (sea traveling and battles should be priority) and is better than Nova Aetas at the same time.
Thats all. You just made best mod ever.

Now seriously - you shouldnt imo. Just finish your mod.

I've got an idea. You should make a mod similar to the stronghold franchise. (without the castle building ofc)
E.G

Fief Management
Productions

Village : Produces leather armor, foods, spears, simple bows.
Castle : Produces leather armor, Gambesons, Spears, Longbows/Composite bows, Melee weapons (Sword, maces, etc.) Crossbows
Town : Produces leather armor, Gambesons, Steel armor, spears, longbows/composite bows, melee weapons, Crossbows

Fief Recruitment

Village : Farmer, Spearmen, Bowmen, Crossbowmen
Castle : Spearmen, Longbowmen, Crossbowmen, Horsemen, Knights, Swordsmen, Macemen, etc
Town : Spear militias, Longbow militias, Crossbow militias, Horse militias, etc

And so on, you get the idea. But dunno how complicated the coding would be :p

Still there and bored?
Long time ago I started developing a mp mod but I gave up after the first two week (I was very young and with no experience in modding).
The community feedback was nice and some people even helped.
If you're interested it was like planetside 2 but with swords. I don't know why no one ever did something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom