MP Quality of life improvements and some ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

IsvRada

Recruit
Hi everyone o/

First of all, I'm having a blast playing the multiplayer, spent 3 days playing online and I'm gonna start today the single player campaign. I think you guys did a good job with visual improvements and conserving the spirit of the combat system from old games.

I would like to add here a few things I would love to see in this game, now or in the future;

- A free cam for spectator mode. I like to record gameplay footage and in this game every fight looks awesome. Give us the option to stay as spectator mode with a free cam please, or just add a key to change the camera from players to free cam when we are dead waiting for respawn.

- More castle and scenarios. I'm sure you guys have plans to add more, variety is needed and I saw some castle in the single player campaign I would love to see in multiplayer. With these graphics I can't wait to see what you guys can do.

- A few more gamemodes, like 15 vs 15 battles, something in the middle between skirmishes and sieges. Also a duel mode with arena scenarios would be awesome for training with friends or create or own tournamentes.

- Let us to create our own servers please. 20 years old games did that, why in 2020 we have less options for mp games?

- Add all modes with friendly-fire option (so you can select if you want join siege servers with or without tk enable)..

- Visual banner/tag for party members. I did this using PS to ilustrate what I mean. Are just simple ideas, I'm sure there are better ones :smile:

bannelord_partyTags.jpg

Feel free everyone to post here your ideas and feedback.

Fly safe!

Last edited:
A few more gamemodes, like 15 vs 15 battles, something in the middle between skirmishes and sieges.
I think what you mean to say is field battles?
Also I think we need something to change with the UI or some sort of direction for the general playerbase that doesn't understand they have to capture or defend the flags in siege. People still don't know you can hit the alt key to see objectives. It kills games because of the time people think they're just playing glorified field battles.

Rather than actual team damage which would turn it into a mess (can always be used on custom servers however when we get them), reflective damage would serve the same purpose without the risk of people just teamkilling for the hell of it.
It would force archers to aim more carefully, no throwing javs through friendlies in the big mosh pits to hit people they're fighting, people actually swinging overhead instead of sideways when there's 4 of them trying to kill 1 opponent.

Thank you guys for posting.

I think what you mean to say is field battles?
Also I think we need something to change with the UI or some sort of direction for the general playerbase that doesn't understand they have to capture or defend the flags in siege. People still don't know you can hit the alt key to see objectives. It kills games because of the time people think they're just playing glorified field battles.

Yeah, field battles exactly like we see playing single campaign, there are some cool scenarios there. Agree about lot of new players only plays for kills, but sieges are there for a reason, there are objetives..always hard to balance that and keep playing as a team.

enabel tking in all modes? siege and tdm would not be playable.

Not all, just in some modes or just add enable/disable for each mode so you could find servers with both options.

Rather than actual team damage which would turn it into a mess (can always be used on custom servers however when we get them), reflective damage would serve the same purpose without the risk of people just teamkilling for the hell of it.
It would force archers to aim more carefully, no throwing javs through friendlies in the big mosh pits to hit people they're fighting, people actually swinging overhead instead of sideways when there's 4 of them trying to kill 1 opponent.

Reflective damage sounds like a fair option, many things they can add to give us options and more ways to play the game.

- Visual banner/tag for party members. I did this using PS to ilustrate what I mean. Are just simple ideas, I'm sure there are better ones :smile:
Yeah I REALLY need that. ahah I spend all the time talking in discord with a friend hoping to find him somewhere like in warband... :xf-cry:

Having the right to host our own servers would be one major step in the right direction along with the possibility to enable friendly fire in game modes like siege. Tired of scrubs spamming swings or shots through their teamates as they gangbang a single adversary. Lack of skill (aka spamming random swings/shots around teamates) should punish you (and your team/teamates) if you hit them.

One more:

- Put a penalty for MP for those leaving the match. A 10min delay or something, nothing too big but something to avoid people leaving so easy.

dont rly wanna be locked in with pleb teams tbh

Hah yeah, I get that but there must be something. For example penalty only when you still have options to play, if you don't have more points to respawn, you could leave. Or something like that.

Hah yeah, I get that but there must be something. For example penalty only when you still have options to play, if you don't have more points to respawn, you could leave. Or something like that.
they could just give the team the gold that the player had + some extra, its casual and its just frustrating to be locked in like in league.

Siege is a bit of a mess at the moment, the crashing is obvious but there's also a few other problems

1) Some people don't have the remotest idea how it works, and its not entirely intuitive. I've seen a dozen defending archers standing around a flag that was taken and ignore it completely, letting the timer run down, blissfully unaware.
- Maybe leave the flag UI on by default with an option to switch to to view via alt, so new people are forced to look at flags and know where they are
- Highlight siege equipment for attackers, and notable areas like gates and breaches for everyone. Perhaps a voice line or announcement when something happens (like in Total War when they say, THE GATE IS DOWN/OUR SIEGE TOWER HAS REACHED THE WALL)

2) Cavalry are a disruptive nuisance. This is just my personal opinion but damn do I wish they would be removed from Siege or severely limited somehow.

3) Bit of a moonshot, but spawn location selection? Would help plan attacks if you didn't have to cross 200m of ground to attack where you are needed, likewise for defence. Can let attackers capable or teamwork arrange alternating attack concentrations to keep defenders on their toes.

4) Do something about defenders opening the gates. Have alternate sortie doors available but keep the main gates locked from being opened by defenders.
- Perhaps, the attackers would need to go through an animation to lift the lock off the gate before they can open it from behind, if they manage, and a defender can put it back on - but not take it off. Limiting the defender's ability to sortie to owning a marginally defensible exterior flag might help change the dynamic of the match - a clearly superior team would be able to stomp the attackers at the first hurdle, otherwise, its behind the walls for you. Perhaps the exterior defences could be extensively destructible, giving a strong purpose to attacker artillery, and a strong motivation for defender artillery to target the attack artillery.

5) Defensive catapults have extremely variable usefulness. Sometimes, you can only use the bottom power setting if you want to hit anything, and even then its nothing that useful - maybe you can hit the trebuchet, but the trebuchet can only hit merlons, so its not that useful. sometimes you have 3 high value targets. Placement needs to be carefully considered. Attacking catapults have better use, but not as much as they ought to have. At the moment breaches are pretty easy to establish, but beyond that its just merlons. This is also because even if the gate is in your line of sight, you cant shoot at it because its always been bloody opened by the defenders!

6) Archery is so accurate and easy that ballistas are almost useless - you need to get a real feel for their reticle-less trajectory compared to archers, that can zero in after two shots at most, and you cant reload them fast enough to readjust shots. Perhaps if people moved in bigger groups it would have a use, but they dont, really

7) Make larger sections of the interior barricades destructible

8. Single man ninja capping the rear flag when almost every other flag still belongs to the defenders is a bit silly

9) Ability to pull back the ram after the gate is down! (...Is that already possible any nobody has even tried?)
- also, destroyed rams can still hit the gate for some reason

10) Should be able to pick up dropped stones. Perhaps have the stones break if they hit the ground with enough speed, so if you lob it off the walls the attackers cant use them either

11) MP generally - different colour name for friends when you hold alt to easily identify where they are, along with the banner distinction suggestion

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom