MP is dying already -- this is bad for your business guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

NewBritish

Recruit
- when there are many people searching for siege games but can't get in, people stop playing multiplayer
- when you chose to make a dedicated siege server WHY WOULD YOU PICK OCEANIA?! Actually what was the reasoning here?
- why do large online games always crash?

I understand that this is early access, but server these are not code / bug issues. This is bad capital allocation. Invest into servers or your online game is going to die fast. The numbers are already declining.

Stop making changes that don't matter as much, like adding a red connection icon, or making a report system, until you fix this.

oceania has a siege server because they dont have matchmaking

I agree with you that multiplayer needs more funding and ressource especially if they want to finish all the plans they have...

To me it feels like the small multiplayer team needs to crunch alot and most of them are burned out already...

Ah that makes sense, the problem is that there aren't even any players from oceania on the server. Everyone has 200+ ping. They should be considering a server to player ratio, not like 2 servers per region

Yea OCE players are just over the game already because there is nothing to do, there is literally no reason to play at the moment with no matchmaking or duels.

I still see quite a few OCE players on the siege servers. Definitely not as much as there used to be.

The problem is, is that only being able to play siege and TDM on the same few maps over and over gets stagnant and boring very quickly.

OCE players are unable to play on the duel servers, due to the regions only being EU and NA, and also being locked for ‘participating testers’, and we’re also unable to play captain and skirmish mode without terrible ping, because as previously stated, we don’t have a matchmaking region.

Yea OCE players are just over the game already because there is nothing to do, there is literally no reason to play at the moment with no matchmaking or duels.

Thats probably true. Generally poor management, not just with this. They just really botched this system.

Even with a matchfinder system and duel game is big let down. No ladder, no rewards, no fun, nothing to play for.

I totally agree! It seems like there is a very simply road map to follow, but they have entirely different plans
1) invest in server upgrades
2) add an ability to buy items like we had in the last game

I believe the development team offered an answer regarding stability and such:

If I answer for the parts I am involved:
- Stability: Apart from game server related crashes, recently we had major issues with one of our providers. We are currently improving our system to handle these kinds of issues better. Also we are moving relevant services to another service provider. This will happen one part at a time and some has already been moved. Moving whole system will probably take around 1 month maybe 6 weeks. We are moving them slowly so each part is tested and monitored one at a time.
- Anti-cheat: With the next patch, anti-cheat implementation will be completed. Custom servers will also have anti-cheat and detected player will be kicked from game instead of what we did until now, logging their actions. Of course there can be improvements and bug fixes depending on the need.
- Player Reporting System: 1-2 weeks, depending on our patch schedule and tests. Detailed logging will be introduced at the same time.
- Analytics: This is used since the beta and gets updates as our designers need.
- Recently Played Players and Friends: 1-3 weeks, depending on our patch schedule and tests.
- Clans: This is gonna be implemented part by part. I am personally expecting first update regarding clans to be released this month but again depends on patch schedule and tests. Also we may want to add more features to it before releasing.

I agree with you that multiplayer needs more funding and ressource especially if they want to finish all the plans they have...

To me it feels like the small multiplayer team needs to crunch alot and most of them are burned out already...

And in East Asia, there is not enough players to play siege.
Bannerlord is seriously missing a good occasion to get a good MultiPlayer community there.

They won't. They made pretty clear there won't be custom loadouts nor battle mode.

You know, TW might have been stubborn in some ways, but they have also listened to us at other times. I think if people stop playing with only the class system available, and everyone keeps on talking about wanting a customizable load out in their matches, they might just listen.

If you kindly would, please leave a comment showing your support for implementing a game mode with customization MULTIPLAYER CUSTOMIZATION THREAD - REPLY TO GIVE TRACTION here. Leaving a reply will give the thread traction and increases the chances of it becoming stickied in the "TOP FEEEDBACK/SUGGESTIONS" thread, which increases the likelihood that TW will actually listen to us. Together we can make our voices heard.

TW has literally replied in threads (developers) that if we make enough noise and traction the WILL take notice!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom