MP dying real fast

Users who are viewing this thread

Something like this for matchmaking:
Ranked Skirmish Solo(no parties)
Ranked Skirmish Teams(6v6 only)
Ranked Duels

And these and the rest of the game modes should be in custom servers as well. Custom servers where we can practise, chill, etc. and then matchmaking for when you want to tryhard.

EDIT: I could see Captain being a ranked game mode too. Battle has already been told we aren't getting that as matchmaking so... we gotta make do with skirmish.

No you totally fail to understand. There is no need for matchmaking at all. It is only designed to force microtransactions. Warband has still today a great MP player scene.

Go and study some MOBA games and see what a never-ending can of worms the matchmaking is. You are probably to young and have grown up with only bad games that are all using gamification techniques to make you addicted and pay real money for skins. The last 10 years almost all devs have fallen for this money-grab tactic. So many young players haven't played a good open game in their life. Warband is one of the last surviving games with an open architecture (=multiplayer mod scene). Taleworlds are busy killing their own baby, and reputation.

The game works perfectly fine without matchmaking. Warband proved it for a decade. It is dumb to change a winning formula. Mark my words: if taleworlds don't change direction on multiplayer, multiplayer will be dead within 3 years.
I've played competitive games since CS 1.5, I've been in tournaments since I was 13 (I'm 30 now) I've never bought a skin for a game in my life, and I've played mount & blade from the start, leading one of the oldest clans in the game. I've also helped countless people learn the game over the years, and i know what their impressions are. I've had to explain to people that yeah getting your ass kicked at the start is normal, but once you learn it'll be one of the most fun games you'll ever play I promise. Most people dont want to spend 100 hours learning something, then fight a competitive player who just slaughters them in 3 seconds.
If you think its ok to have a grandmaster and a bronze player in the same gamelobby, or a group of 6 vs a group of solo players, I dont know what to tell you. You can hate skins all you want, but mixing buying skins with matchmaking is wild.

Matchmaking is a necessary feature, and it should've been ready from day one of early access.
Note: I'm talking about captains mode and skirmish, not tdm and siege.

matchmaking only really works well with a large multiplayer pop tbh, im not sure how big bannerlords is but wbmm sucked any fun out of warband for me, you need enough players so you dont get put in with the rage babies every game :p

Personally i really dislike skirmish so its a long wait for battle modes and community mods like crpg/mercs so i can pick actual items, hopefully not so long that i just give up and never reopen the game lol

@_Osiris_ I feel you! It's a shame really. A lot of us are waiting currently as the mp gamemodes do not appeal to us! No customization, no 1-life 200+ player battles, no large open maps, no custom servers/mods. Also the balance of the matchmaking and the repetitive nature of the gamemodes do not help. Eventually all of these things might come, and I am hopeful they will, but until then we are playing warband! :razz:

matchmaking only really works well with a large multiplayer pop tbh, im not sure how big bannerlords is but wbmm sucked any fun out of warband for me, you need enough players so you dont get put in with the rage babies every game :p

Personally i really dislike skirmish so its a long wait for battle modes and community mods like crpg/mercs so i can pick actual items, hopefully not so long that i just give up and never reopen the game lol
Even as a comp nerd this is all I want

i hope that bannerlord skirmish has more players than wbmm

Something like this for matchmaking:
Ranked Skirmish Solo(no parties)
Ranked Skirmish Teams(6v6 only)
Ranked Duels

And these and the rest of the game modes should be in custom servers as well. Custom servers where we can practise, chill, etc. and then matchmaking for when you want to tryhard.

EDIT: I could see Captain being a ranked game mode too. Battle has already been told we aren't getting that as matchmaking so... we gotta make do with skirmish.
not sure how ranked duels will work out in bannerlord, not a huge fan of duels in warband but maybe im biased from nw...
Skirmish and Cpt should be in matchmaking aswell. They wont do good in server lobbies with their small format, otherwise there will be a pretty long warm up.

Back
Top Bottom