MP dying real fast

Users who are viewing this thread

Clearly TW agrees though as captain gives you Kills for BOTS, but TDM nothing .... What in the heck?
Players can never truly obey orders and cooperate, only BOT soldiers can make the battlefield more vivid, more order. Therefore, I think the mode of leading soldiers BOT is the real feature. The game mode without BOT soldiers is just a group of people quarreling and the scene is chaotic. The game mode without BOT soldiers is no different from other ordinary games. And only with BOT soldiers can make battle scenes feel epic.

Captain is more competitive than Siege.

The developers had the intention of Captain mode being competitive, doesn't mean its more competitive than Siege. The AI is is terrible and its not strategic apart from the flags. Heavy cav trumps everything, and strategy only comes in the form of bottle-necking and capturing flags. Also just because the intention was to make it "competitive" doesn't mean that its interesting. It would have been far better keeping it the way it was in Warband just giving us alot more troops on a larger map (with rivers, hills) to duke it out.

Siege is far more competitive right now, because there is more of an even playing field and players have learned to deal with the classes short-comings.

I think Taleworlds has forgotten that what made Warband popular were the huge battles from Battle mode and Siege, clans and private servers. The impression I get is that they expect us to jump on the bus because its going in a particular direction instead of the destination we wanted to go in.

Heavy cav trumps everything, and strategy only comes in the form of bottle-necking and capturing flags.
Strongly disagree.

Spears beat Cavalry pretty easily, i am not talking about people with the Circle Formation Syndrome but about mediocre Players...

There is a lot of room for strategy play like flanking, tanking and keeping backs secured...

Strongly disagree.

Spears beat Cavalry pretty easily, i am not talking about people with the Circle Formation Syndrome but about mediocre Players...

There is a lot of room for strategy play like flanking, tanking and keeping backs secured...
then theres 2 cav and you know you are pretty much fked

Strongly disagree.

Talking about AI, the AI barely uses its spears...and when it does it might as well not bother (and when it does work it does little damage). No I disagree. I have noticed that the units that do the most damage get the most kills regardless (apart from when faced with archers at range). My team had legionnaires and were getting wasted by two-handed britannia troops even though we had flanked them. We tried again but instead used Menav units instead and we won. The legionnaires were in close and tight and should have finished off the opposition but no.
It was like a mosh pit, no sense of order at all. In the end the weapon with the most damage wins inf vs inf. Archers do okay at range. Cav beat everything provided its not a circle shield formation around a banner.

I suspect that flags were introduced because of the lack of decent AI. I mean look at the AI in single player...

i was refering to the post before (cb). You just need to play around the range, pray you dont get shot or theres no cav around.
Agreed. In its current state shock infs awful. Think about how in warband comp nobody used 2h even with them being much better in warband ( except maybe great hammer) and now it’s even worse

Talking about AI, the AI barely uses its spears...and when it does it might as well not bother (and when it does work it does little damage).
Then you are doing it wrong.

I bet you tell your spears to stay in shield wall in a set position (in Circle Formation?) and expect them to win against charging Cavalry?
Try Line Formation and tell them to Charge when Cavalry is charging, you will see the difference.

then theres 2 cav and you know you are pretty much fked
Then there is second spears unit and so on... lol

Then you are doing it wrong.

I bet you tell your spears to stay in shield wall in a set position (in Circle Formation?) and expect them to win against charging Cavalry?
Try Line Formation and tell them to Charge when Cavalry is charging, you will see the difference.

No I normally keep them in line formation, you would expect the AI to brace against cav anyway. Also spears do little damage to cav so it still doesn't help.

Back
Top Bottom