MP dying real fast

Users who are viewing this thread

I barely play anymore.... Taleworlds what gives? I was so excited for this game, it was ridiculous. Now its just disappointment.

Siege servers die all the time, matchmaking doesn't work half the time, the servers always lag, no duel servers.... the ruleset on siege and TDM sucks, skirmish sucks, having premade picks sucks...

There is one solution that is easy for now, just give us the option to make our own servers.. like damn? why have you not done this? we will make duel servers, we will make battle and non-laggy siege servers, just make it like warband we make the damn servers.

Don't even get me started on combat mechanics, but that is whatever. At least have the actual MP infrastructure working first...

everyone is leaving MP and they wont come back... sucks man...
Agreed.

agree that we really need battle mode and siege outside of the matchmaking mechanics. So I can drop in when I want to and choose the side I want to play on (should be pretty basic stuff). In the beginning of Warband MP, you could do 18vs18 clan battles which were great fun. Why restrictive 6vs6? Why restrictive classes? But I guess we'll have to wait for mods for that stuff. I never liked TDM very much in Warband either, but battle was great fun. It's almost a bizarre design choice to get rid of a very popular game mode. This doesn't mean skirmish is bad, but there is no reason there shouldn't be both.

I have way less fun in Bannerlord MP than I had in Warband sadly. I suspect a big part of it is the lack of teamdamage in most gamemodes (greatly reduces skill in group fights), the endless matchmaking-wait or TDM randomness, and the fact that you still can't block as soon as you see an attack.

Because of lag, the 200 man back in the days in warband were very laggy. Most players with lower end pcs wouldnt be able to play siege then.
The Mount and Siege server on warband runs 200 player sieges with no lag at all. You can still get almost a full server at peak times now and it runs perfect...
Also this isn't warband. It's not out of order for me to expect some progress.

Theres is a siege sever and skirmish is by far better than battle for gameplay except for big line battle events. You dont need to wait endlessly after each round till it finishes. The classes and mechanics need to be balanced and refined. This has nothing to do with the gamemode itself though.
Skirmish is 6v6. I'm willing to bet that a large majority of the people interested in this game aren't interested in such small scale fights.

The Mount and Siege server on warband runs 200 player sieges with no lag at all. You can still get almost a full server at peak times now and it runs perfect...

There is tonnes of lag on M&S as soon as it hits 100 players and the game crashes half the time you join because it is running so many scripts and mods lol.

Well yes those are modded servers, just because it’s compatible with native I wouldn’t consider them truly native :razz:

In any case they tested 200 slot siege servers in the beta and had issues with it so it will surely come once they’ve fixed it. I don’t really get the appeal of massive amounts of players but I’ll respect it.

Well yes those are modded servers, just because it’s compatible with native I wouldn’t consider them truly native :razz:

In any case they tested 200 slot siege servers in the beta and had issues with it so it will surely come once they’ve fixed it. I don’t really get the appeal of massive amounts of players but I’ll respect it.

Yeah I was just saying those servers that supposedly ran fine in fact, did not, even though they were fun, and it's understandable TW want to balance performance with numbers.

Not true, everyone was dissapointed in the community, not just him
TaleWorlds literally said if you have high expectations you should wait for full release.
And your post is not true, I'm part of the community and I'm not disappointed with MP.
If I would change anything it would be by adding servers in different regions.

TaleWorlds literally said if you have high expectations you should wait for full release.
And your post is not true, I'm part of the community and I'm not disappointed with MP.
If I would change anything it would be by adding servers in different regions.
I think the major issue is that taleworlds didn’t listen to anyone in closed beta. A lot of the issues we have now people had 6 months ago which is honesty pretty frustrating. Plus the game feels so slow and unresponsive, I’ve seen at least 8 clans I know just stop playing. The only guys who are consistent rn are VK, bless their hearts

I will definitely continue playing SP in Bannerlord, I can see the potential moving onwards.
MP is a hot mess, and is about as far removed from the fun of Warband as one could be. We've given up on MP and won't be returning to it again, not for a long time at least.

My hype was for MP. While SP is fun it's just a little too bare bones for me atm to keep me coming back. I was really excited for MP's potential and that kind of fell off quick. It's not that there's no chance the game will get to a great point in both SP and MP, but I don't really see the potential or the drive from the devs when it comes to MP specifically. There's just been such blatant lack of focus on MP whether that's because of time restraints or whatever else it doesn't matter. Lack of battle, they have to use TDM as the duel mode, it's just kinda baffling coming from where Warband MP was at. Call me wrong because it's a beta, but Mordhau was early access too and had most of this stuff down at EA release, Bannerlord also had Warband as a template. No excuse anymore imo.

They just need a simple line of code. Top 30% cannot play the bottom 30% on a Pre season 1 ladder system.

Complete newbs get constantly wreked by our trains of voiced up 6mans over and over lulz.
Its over so fast they wont see much. Never mind learn or enjoy anything.
They kinda are on it.
I don't even want to speculate about time tho.
unknown.png

I genuinely enjoy MP, especially siege, but the long wait to get matched and the server crashes make it borderline unplayable.I've been able to finish like 1/5 of the games I start.

I hope this becomes a priority because yes, the MP base is dying quickly because of the technical problems. Custom servers would be a great fix.

Back
Top Bottom