MP Administrator Tools are Important - Please add them [List included]

Users who are viewing this thread

I understand that Taleworlds is currently busy trying to patch all the issues in the current version of Viking Conquest, but an aspect that I feel has been sorely missed, is a proper admin tools feature for multiplayer servers. This feature is very important for the growth of a multiplayer community as it allows organised events to function properly- especially large events that as Taleworlds have seen, help a module flourish- look at MM/NW. I think that it must be for the benefit of Taleworlds and the community, that a proper administrator tools menu be implemented. I will make a list of the features that should be added/modified.

- The ability to have an admin announcement chat.
- The ability to reset the map.
- The ability to slay a player.
- The ability to heal a player.
- The ability to heal everyone.
- The ability to swap a player to the other team.
- The ability to swap everyone to the other team.
- The ability to swap a player to spectator.
- The ability to swap everyone to spectator.
- The ability to grant a Thor hammer to selected player.
- The ability to beacon a player. (Selecting player again will remove beacon)

I hope that all these features are added to an adminstrator tools option on the menu, which can be used without having to start a new map. You guys have already released Napoleonic Wars which has a great Administration menu on its own, in my opinion there is no reason why you guys wouldn't be able to create it again.

Everything has been said. If we wish the multiplayer community to have a good start and possibily grows up quickly, we'll need a decent admin tools for the events, that's more than needed.

Then tell all your people to support this thread. Without this module, the multiplayer part will die within the month if we can't handle properly events.

Froi said:
MP will not die within a month if we do not have this honey, but it would indeed be helpful if you want to have any sort of organized event.

It won't make the MP die within a month of course, but not having it for a long time will definetly restrain the growth of it as organized events being what make MP interesting.

Tardet said:
Froi said:
MP will not die within a month if we do not have this honey, but it would indeed be helpful if you want to have any sort of organized event.

It won't make the MP die within a month of course, but not having it for a long time will definetly restrain the growth of it as organized events being what make MP interesting.

Exactly my opinion. With this topic I'm not implying that it will die within a month, I'm saying that if they add it now whilst everyone is hyped up about the new DLC, then it will only encourage a more active community on VC.

GMG123 said:
- The ability to grant a Thor hammer to selected player.
Why?

Also, these suggestions, while useful, should be put on the backburner. MP will live without it, whereas it won't without bugfixing and balancing.

GMG123 said:
You guys have already released Napoleonic Wars which has a great Administration menu on its own, in my opinion there is no reason why you guys wouldn't be able to create it again.
NW's admin functions were probably an outgrowth of Vincenzo's admin mod, and thus made by Vincenzo and not the TW staff nor the VC dev team. I would suggest the devs take a look at the current ENL mod for inspiration. Having some experience in this area, hitting me up with a PM wouldn't go unappreciated either.

You guys have already released Napoleonic Wars

Like it was said, those are two different teams. What's more, NW was multiplayer only DLC (so it needed as many admin tools as possible), while VC's main focus is on singleplayer campaign.

Still, those things are quite easy to add. If I'll have a moment, I will smuggle them in. :wink: Admin chat (for communicating between admins) and admin broadcast (message to all players) already have been added.

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
Admin chat (for communicating between admins) and admin broadcast (message to all players) already have been added.

Coming in the next patch?

Admin chat (between admins) hasn't been working so far on our servers.

Back
Top Bottom