SP - Player, NPCs & Troops [moved] Stop low skill level NPC commanders from leading parties

Users who are viewing this thread

Two main areas I hope TW will consider for the next patch:
1. Limit ability to lead parties based on leadership/charm/stewardship/tactics stats:
Maybe this has been mentioned previously, but one of the most frustrating/annoying features of the single player campaign is the incredible number of young nobles, male and female, with incredible low leadership and tactic skills, zero or very basic armor equipped, who for ZERO logic are able to command a party. And their party frequently exceeds their stewardship skill level which SHOULD limit the size of party they are able to enlist.
There should be a game logic that requires a specific level of leadership/charm/stewardship/tactics requirement BEFORE NPCs are able to put a party on the map (same as for the PC who can only command a very small party at the start, etc.). These "nobles" who are allowed to roam the map are annoying as allies, as their low stats make them incapable of taking command of any units during sieges or battles, and even more annoying when refusing to yield and surrender when faced by superior forces with much higher skilled commanders.

2. Enable surrender for NPC parties when facing overwhelming odds:
It is plain annoying when incompetent party leaders leading tiny parties pull a pouty face and refuse to surrender when intercepted by superior forces. Surely there should be logic to allow surrender to stop the meaningless death of countless soldiers because of the idiocy and arrogance for their incompetent stupid party leaders? Any force with a greater than 2:1 advantage will almost certainly obliterate a small force, so please, for the love of life, program some sense into this aspect. Surrendering and being ransomed surely would be preferable to any noble than facing probable death or dismemberment in battle they have zero chance of winning?

Thanks for considering these two issues.

+1, like in the other tread
Great suggestion you have listed:
+1 for fight as your clan member when they are attacked. I would include the caravans. I get tired of losing upgraded caravan (costing 22k each time) to looters...
+1 for fight as your commander in siege, or having a "secret passage into keep" to join any siege of your fiefs
+1 for messenger system - the mod "Diplomacy" does add this, yet it would be great to add it now they have a messenger system in place
+1 for court system, or a mechanic do make your clan parties doe something better than just loading up with low level recruits and chasing looters. The mod "AI Party Overhaul" greatly enhances the experience of allowing a clan member to lead a party sensibly
+1 for placing siege engines in reserve till ready to me employed. Immersion breaking to pause and do manually
+1 for new order for sieges. Even just having the usual ability to assign groups of troops specific orders, or let the troop section leader do something with the leadership and tactics stats would be great.

I had a party join my army yesterday where the party leader (another young noble snot) had the following amazing stats:
1/82/1; 1/120/1; 1/1/81; 1/1/1. The 120 was riding skill, the 82 was two handed (Sturgian noble female). How is this person let out of the keep without better training for goodness sake?? And what morons would follow them?

Back
Top Bottom