Move Sargot(h) back where it should be, and give it to Sturgia

Should Sargot be moved to where Sargoth is in Warband, and given to Sturgia?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Because we care about the lore and these kind of things are important to us. We spent 10 years capturing or defending Sargoth in the north not south.
Entirely understandable yet it's an extremely minor issue that is being pointed out. It'll get fixed as a dev stated, eventually, but not now. It's not worth breaking saves over when there are still many issues to fix and mechanics/features to complete.

Hopefully people understand that.

gohl6zgfgfh11.png

This used to be the Bannerlord map when the game was still deep in development phase, its changed a lot and perhaps it explains why it has taken them so long. I too find the placement and naming of certain cities in the new Bannerlord map very strange.
Obviously they wanted the Mediterranean sea to be a bit bigger. More room for DLC.
But I 100% agree that some of the city locations aren't in line with warband.

Actually, I was referring to everything developed post 2015, as we know for certain that virtually everything prior to that was scrapped. Were you even following the game back then? I doubt it.
1 yes i was, 2 congratulations here is your medal for following the development of a video game, 3 how long you have followed the development of a game has 0 importance in this matter...

1 yes i was, 2 congratulations here is your medal for following the development of a video game, 3 how long you have followed the development of a game has 0 importance in this matter...

Then you would not have made the assumption that I was claiming that the game we are currently able to play is the sum of eight years of development. Some of us have been here for a long time, and we do actually know what's what.

Sure, let's argue about the names of settlements when there are game breaking issues with the rest of the game that keeps most other players from progressing!

I wouldn't mind if TW just loosely followed Warband's history. They may as well start from scratch for all I care.
The old M&B days are long gone. I played the original growing up and I couldn't care less where Sargoth is.

This game is a prequel to the previous Mount and Blade Warband, and it is set in the same map. If you have played countless hours in the previous title it is just is weird to see the town in the wrong place. Seems like it would be an easy enough fix, minus the savegame compatibility (which is going to be broken at some point anyway).
"calradia" is really all it has in common. accuracy wise the map is entirely different and the battanian highlands weren't a thing at all in warband. the closest that came to battanian highlands is rhodoks, but that was in the south, not the north. honestly i dont really mind, calradia in warband was very small and the general feel is the same.

Technically, the Sturgians aren't actually fully the nords, rather they are the precursors of the vaegirs and nords. There are some Nords in the game, but from what I think, is that the majority of the Nords arrive from Nordland between Bannerlord and Warband and conquered a whole bunch of land, which includes Sargoth and that coast.

Last edited:
I doubt you are a M&B veteran otherwise you wouldn't say such things to our butterlord Harlaus' royal seat.

I am more than a veteran. I was maybe 7 years old when I first pledged vassalage to Harlaus. It may have been earlier enough that the starting city of Zendar was in the game too. But all that feels like a lifetime ago and I never cared about the lore since there was barely any in the first place. As it happens, it seems like Bananalord has very little lore as well. And as whatshisface just said, the only theme that these games seem to wholly share is the word "Calradia". I would obviously like to see more fluff, heck I'd even write it myself if TW needs the community to pitch in but as I said, there's barely any lore that keeps me invested at all in the setting.

Technically, the Sturgians aren't actually fully the nords, rather they are the precursors of the vaegirs and nords. There are some Nords in the game, but from what I think, is that the majority of the Nords arrive from Nordland between Bannerlord and Warband and conquered a whole bunch of land, which includes Sargoth and that coast.

Technically, technically, technically, Sturgians aren't precursors at all to the Nords, just the Vaegirs who may or may not even exist in the current Calradian canon, which may or may not, technically, even exist anymore at all.

I am more than a veteran. I was maybe 7 years old when I first pledged vassalage to Harlaus. It may have been earlier enough that the starting city of Zendar was in the game too. But all that feels like a lifetime ago and I never cared about the lore since there was barely any in the first place. As it happens, it seems like Bananalord has very little lore as well. And as whatshisface just said, the only theme that these games seem to wholly share is the word "Calradia". I would obviously like to see more fluff, heck I'd even write it myself if TW needs the community to pitch in but as I said, there's barely any lore that keeps me invested at all in the setting.
Yeah its a shame that TW doesnt seem to care the lore at all. They had good foundations with explaining things like Nordic invasions, Geroia, Kingdom of Balion, Good old Zendar, and Rolf's lineage. I wish they followed the lore they tried to establish.

Yeah its a shame that TW doesnt seem to care the lore at all. They had good foundations with explaining things like Nordic invasions, Geroia, Kingdom of Balion, Good old Zendar, and Rolf's lineage. I wish they followed the lore they tried to establish.

I'm hoping just a little bit they establish some of that stuff later down the line. Nordic invasion DLC would be really cool.

Then you would not have made the assumption that I was claiming that the game we are currently able to play is the sum of eight years of development. Some of us have been here for a long time, and we do actually know what's what.
please do tell how i am supposed to know exactly how long you've been following the game xD

I don't think Sturgia needs a boost as much as Vlandia and Khuzait need a nerf. Every campaign I played so far (3 total) Vlandia and Khuzait have snowballed. The amount of time it takes to snowball has been increased with updates, so it is much slower but they always end up taking over their half of the map which is getting kind of repetitive. Also Sturgia and Aerai actually hold out longer than Battania and West/North Empire as far as my games go.

Back
Top Bottom