Move Sargot(h) back where it should be, and give it to Sturgia

Should Sargot be moved to where Sargoth is in Warband, and given to Sturgia?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

It's pretty clear that Sargot is the forerunner to Sargoth, in the same way that Jaculan is proto-Jelkaka, and Pravend is proto-Praven. In fact, I'm pretty sure it used to be up where Sargoth is in Warband, in screenshorts of earlier versions of the game.

We all know that Sturgia gets BTFO, usually by Vlandia, early on in every game. They have only 7 cities, and the worst strategic position in the game - spread out across the entire length of the map, and bordering Vlandia, Battania, the Northern Empire, and Khuzaits. The Aserai are similarly spread out, but they get an extra city, two very small frontiers, and a deep desert core of cities far from their borders.

At a bare minimum, Sturgia could use an extra city, and Vlandia could use a bit of a nerf (so could Khuzaits, but that's not for this thread). Vlandia starts with half of their border secure against the edge of the map, has 2 close clusters of 4 cities each, and has a single relatively concentrated frontier bordering upon 3 factions (Battania, Sturgia, W. Empire) that all have other borders to defend. Vlandia doesn't need 8 cities. It certainly doesn't need proto-Sargoth teleported to proto-Rhodokland. Move Sargot(h) back up where it should be, and give it to the Sturgians.

For curiosity's sake, I made a poll. Do you agree?

gohl6zgfgfh11.png

This used to be the Bannerlord map when the game was still deep in development phase, its changed a lot and perhaps it explains why it has taken them so long. I too find the placement and naming of certain cities in the new Bannerlord map very strange.

I would give the development team until full realease till deciding against their result design. They have done it for a reason. Factions getting steamrolled is prone to happen now since combat/kingdom management/lord relationships are being hammered out.

I rather give them the benefit of the doubt for now, hence my no vote.

Devs stated that Sargot being in the south was a mistake during the final couple days before the release so they kinda forgot to revert back they will probably fix it with a big patch because it would most likely break the save games. They will probably switch the names of some towns instead of adding more towns to the factions because it would be pretty hard work to reset all the trade routes, patrols, villages etc.

Devs stated that Sargot being in the south was a mistake during the final couple days before the release so they kinda forgot to revert back they will probably fix it with a big patch because it would most likely break the save games. They will probably switch the names of some towns instead of adding more towns to the factions because it would be pretty hard work to reset all the trade routes, patrols, villages etc.

Wait really? That's a pretty big oversight lol. One look at Sargot on the map in the beginning and I was like what???

Wait really? That's a pretty big oversight lol. One look at Sargot on the map in the beginning and I was like what???
Yeah they accidentaly switch the names of some towns and couldnt revert back. Doing it now would break the save games so they will probably fix it with a major patch.

That's pretty bumbling -how does this happen at this stage of the game?
Sometimes you don't notice these kind of things when you are dealing with coding and have little or no time to enter the game to check things. Its pretty obvious they have no testers so we are the ones testing the game and reporting the bugs and mistakes.

Ive been on a few major mod teams in both Arma and Mount&Blade and usually the bigger teams have some level of Q&A before we release. Not that bugs don't get thru but cmon -these guys are raking in literally millions of dollars (deserved -yes) they can afford some extra hands to not allow something as critical as a town allotted to the wrong clan.

Didn't a dev say that at some point they were trying to make the map correspond to warband but then things slipped through and now they can't move stuff for save compatibility reasons?

I kept looking for Suno, which I understand Warband implies was deeply culturally connected to the old Empire, except it doesn't exist. There's a Sunor that was commented out of the game and no longer exists, and then there's a Seonon that is way up in Battanian territory.

they can leave it as it is as far as i care, they have bigger issues to fix. still i can see why others want to see it changed.
i am just pretending that sargot from bannerlord got sacked and razed and the population displaced, forming a new city in the north naming it sargoth, after their beloved lost city (the city we see in warband).

They do, but after this long in the oven, you would think that attention to detail would be better.

The longer something is in the oven, the easier it is to burn it. On the contrary.

While I miss Tihr and Sargoth as a Nord player, I'm not really that hung up about it. As others have said, there are much more important things to consider first. And with all the people who go "I downloaded the beta but now my save is broken!" well, yeah you can probably see why they don't want to update it just yet.

I really do not get why people are so up in arms about the names and placements of the towns

This game is a prequel to the previous Mount and Blade Warband, and it is set in the same map. If you have played countless hours in the previous title it is just is weird to see the town in the wrong place. Seems like it would be an easy enough fix, minus the savegame compatibility (which is going to be broken at some point anyway).

Back
Top Bottom