Move Sargot(h) back where it should be, and give it to Sturgia

Should Sargot be moved to where Sargoth is in Warband, and given to Sturgia?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Honestly just needs to switch places with Ostican and we're golden, it would be placed where it should be in relation to both Varcheg (Wercheg) and the lands of Dey Tihr (clan in Vlandia in Bannerlord and namesake for Nord city in Warband).

Original to Warband had town changes as well.

latest

latest

**edited because it took me forever to get this right**

It's pretty clear that Sargot is the forerunner to Sargoth, in the same way that Jaculan is proto-Jelkaka, and Pravend is proto-Praven. In fact, I'm pretty sure it used to be up where Sargoth is in Warband, in screenshorts of earlier versions of the game.

We all know that Sturgia gets BTFO, usually by Vlandia, early on in every game. They have only 7 cities, and the worst strategic position in the game - spread out across the entire length of the map, and bordering Vlandia, Battania, the Northern Empire, and Khuzaits. The Aserai are similarly spread out, but they get an extra city, two very small frontiers, and a deep desert core of cities far from their borders.

At a bare minimum, Sturgia could use an extra city, and Vlandia could use a bit of a nerf (so could Khuzaits, but that's not for this thread). Vlandia starts with half of their border secure against the edge of the map, has 2 close clusters of 4 cities each, and has a single relatively concentrated frontier bordering upon 3 factions (Battania, Sturgia, W. Empire) that all have other borders to defend. Vlandia doesn't need 8 cities. It certainly doesn't need proto-Sargoth teleported to proto-Rhodokland. Move Sargot(h) back up where it should be, and give it to the Sturgians.

For curiosity's sake, I made a poll. Do you agree?
In the story, when there was a civil war in Vlandia (Swadian and Rhodok) they were attacked by Sturgia and captured Sargot and the western peninsula. You can change the name. BUT GIVING STURGIA NO. Judging by your logic, Sturgia needs to give 2 cities, BECAUSE it was in the Warband. This is the most idiotic topic I've seen.

Given the amount of change to the map I am not sure I care too much about some other city elsewhere having a similar name. It is not that surprising, place names like "Albania" or "Iberia" did refer to multiple places in the past that had literally nothing to do with each other because it had a generic meaning in Latin/Greek and was used for multiple places/towns/provinces.

That said adding a town to where Sargoth was might help Sturgia, or if it is just about lore add a village or castle which indicates that in a century or two something could turn into a city. Maybe adding a new one is easier/more compatible than shifting references of existing ones. Cities changing names as they grow is also not unheard of.

As said, there is so much different about the new map I do not really see why getting hung up on this one beyond gameplay balance. There are tons of rivers, mountains, cities and inland seas disappearing in a very rapid time frame from Bannerlord to Warband so if Sargot breaks your immersion that should, too, or we accept it is a new world map with loose relation to each other and move on

Back
Top Bottom