Resolved Mouse scroll speed depends on screen resolution and fps count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.7.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

CptMuppet

Sergeant
Summary: Mouse scroll speed increases if you get higher fps count or when you change resolution screen to some lower one, and it decreases for lower fps and higher resolutions. It happens everywhere in the game where you can use mouse scroll wheel for something, so it migh be zooming camera in the campaign map, scroling game options, save files or items in the inventory, just to name a few.

This bug/design flaw is especially irritating when you try to scroll really fast in order to find the save file on the list, some item while trading, or your party at the score board in a big battle, and when you are doing this while playing the game on higher resolutions like 2k (I can just imagine how painful it is on 4k) and also on 60 or lower fps. Precise scrolling while having very high fps is not ideal either.

I think the mouse scroll speed should be always the same no matter on what resolution and fps you play. If it is a problem to take into account fps count in real time, then it should at least do this for screen resolution and fps limit set in the game.
Also, I think in addition to that it would be a good idea to make changing the scroll speed in game options possible, because players for sure have different preferences.

How to Reproduce: Set fps limit to 30-40 and pick some high screen resolution, even 1080p will do the job, but the higher one the better. After that go to any town, open trade screen there and try to scroll fast items on town's item list using the mouse scroll wheel.
After that, change fps limit to very high value, like 200+, and pick lower resolution, 1280x720 for example, and then compere the scroll speed in the trade screen. Also try there to scroll items on the list just a little bit and see how far it moves.

For me, one mouse scroll tick moves items on the list for a distance of a little bit over 6 items for 720p200fps and 4.5 items for 720p144fps. It isn't very comfortable to use.

Have you used cheats and if so which: No, I have not used any cheats.
Scene Name (if related): Every screen in which you can use mouse scroll for something: options menus, screen for loading and saving the game, trade/inventory screen, party screen, campaign map (zooming camera), etc.
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2070 SUPER
GPU Driver Version: 472.12
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe

Back
Top Bottom