Mounted Warrior

Users who are viewing this thread

mountedwarrior.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Battania Mounted Warrior in this thread.

Needs to go down in price to 130 (or maybe even 120), this is by far the worst cavalry unit in MP.
If you want to make it worth 140 it needs to have access to a lance (even a short one will do, like Nords/Rhodok had on Warband).

Class is all right, but I wouldn't play it against an Imperial Cataphract or try to 1v1 an experienced cav with a lance, for example. It's good in terms of assisting infantry, but if you are under archer fire or pestered by other cav, it can turn into somewhat of a weaker class. I also see no reason to pick perks such as Barding, Javelins, Cavalry Sword or even Tougher Horse. Improved armor and Long spear is all you need and the most effective perks to pick right now.

I'd suggest a rework on some perks, it needs something useful. The cavalry sword perk, for example, is both shorter and does less damage than the default one.

Class is all right, but I wouldn't play it against an Imperial Cataphract or try to 1v1 an experienced cav with a lance, for example. It's good in terms of assisting infantry, but if you are under archer fire or pestered by other cav, it can turn into somewhat of a weaker class. I also see no reason to pick perks such as Barding, Javelins, Cavalry Sword or even Tougher Horse. Improved armor and Long spear is all you need and the most effective perks to pick right now.

I'd suggest a rework on some perks, it needs something useful. The cavalry sword perk, for example, is both shorter and does less damage than the default one.
tougher horse perk is absolute must pick for closed maps if you want to do bumpstabs. the default horse is a joke. for open maps you can drop it for the armour one, but tbh 2 armour or 11 is more or less whatever as cav you either die to archers or get killed by cav which is 1hit anyway

tougher horse perk is absolute must pick for closed maps if you want to do bumpstabs. the default horse is a joke. for open maps you can drop it for the armour one, but tbh 2 armour or 11 is more or less whatever as cav you either die to archers or get killed by cav which is 1hit anyway

I've never personally had issues with being dismounted by archers hunting my horse yet, but I can see your logic in picking that perk. I agree, a more survivable horse is preferable in your example.

I've never personally had issues with being dismounted by archers hunting my horse yet, but I can see your logic in picking that perk. I agree, a more survivable horse is preferable in your example.
no the tougher horse makes it easier to bumpstab as the higher charge value (actually no clue how the formula works its overcomplicated so very inconsistent) seems to help alot with that. the tankier horse is a nice bonus but not worth picking up itself. In theory you should always have ranged pressure on battania with the fianns and the infs javs

Last edited:
no the tougher horse makes it easier to bumpstab as the higher charge value (actually no clue how the formula works its overcomplicated so very inconsistent) seems to help alot with that. the tankier horse is a nice bonus but not worth picking up itself. In theory you should always have ranged pressure on battania with the fianns and the infs javs

Huh. As far as I know bumpstabbing was avoided to be made possible, but this opens up some questions that I might pursue, thank you for the info.

Huh. As far as I know bumpstabbing was avoided to be made possible, but this opens up some questions that I might pursue, thank you for the info.
bumpstabbing is very much possible on every faction with every weapon. It's harder now since you need more speed than in warband and the horses are way less maneuverable so it's alot easier for people to dodge incoming cav (especially since jumping doesn't lock you in place anymore).

bumpstabbing is very much possible on every faction with every weapon. It's harder now since you need more speed than in warband and the horses are way less maneuverable so it's alot easier for people to dodge incoming cav (especially since jumping doesn't lock you in place anymore).

Damn, I didn't know this and I play a lot of cav. Thank you. This adds another argument as to why people shouldn't be knocked down for 500 years or take 20 damage.

Yes, a horse with higher charge makes the bumping easier though it's still random as hell, at least in my experience, often when you try to run over someone, his body just slightly moves along your horse's side anyway.

I think the Battanian Cavalry definitely needs a buff of some sort, it's still usable and pretty fast (probably because of the low armour?) but super squishy and you often get one-hit, having a squishy horse doesn't help either. The Half barding perk is nice and all, but you sacrifice longer spear, which is crucial against other good cavalries which mostly have a weapon with 190+ reach. Highland spear is viable on horseback against infantry and archers, but a BIG setback when duelling other cavalries that are somewhat decent.

You basically get bad armour, bad horse and a must-have longer spear. I would suggest upping their armour, giving them short-length lance (190 like Vlandia has) as a default and I think that rest can stay as it is. Price of 140 would be appropriate at that point since they could get a semi-armoured horse, lance and at least a bit higher armour while still being one of the cheapest cavalries in the game.

EDIT: Since we are discussing cavalry topic, is the bump couch mechanic intentional? You can bump and couch someone at the same time pretty reliably, doesn't matter if he has a shield.

Last edited:
Damn, I didn't know this and I play a lot of cav. Thank you. This adds another argument as to why people shouldn't be knocked down for 500 years or take 20 damage.
Ye the full bump is too long. I can bumphit someone and with the full bump hit him twice while hes knockdowned lol

I think the Battanian Cavalry definitely needs a buff of some sort, it's still usable and pretty fast (probably because of the low armour?) but super squishy and you often get one-hit, having a squishy horse doesn't help either. The Half barding perk is nice and all, but you sacrifice longer spear, which is crucial against other good cavalries which mostly have a weapon with 190+ reach. Highland spear is viable on horseback against infantry and archers, but a BIG setback when duelling other cavalries that are somewhat decent.
For me it's tougher horse and longer spear. complete no-brainer. Spear is not dropable since you're already lacking a lance.

Last edited:
Ye the full bump is too long. I can bumphit someone and with the full bump hit him twice while hes knockdowned lol

For me it's tougher horse and longer spear. complete no-brainer. Spear is not dropable since you're already lacking a lance.

I always go for longer spear and armour, and I agree, longer spear is not droppable. Haven't been using the tougher horse much because I didn't find it to be such a big difference, might reconsider though.

Wouldnt want to give this class a lance aswell, there are already enough players running round the map only pressing x. Every light cav needs more tanky horses.

Wouldnt want to give this class a lance aswell, there are already enough players running round the map only pressing x. Every light cav needs more tanky horses.
I rather have light cavs get a proper weapon instead so they can do stuff but are easily (easier than heavy cav) punished.
Obviously giving them a lance (a shorter one than heavy cavs have) comes with the couch nerfs in regarding duration, cooldown, speed required etc. and the spear buffs against cav.

Then again, I honestly don't know why they even bothered putting these boards up. I doubt they read trough them anyway.

I rather have light cavs get a proper weapon instead so they can do stuff but are easily (easier than heavy cav) punished.
Obviously giving them a lance (a shorter one than heavy cavs have) comes with the couch nerfs in regarding duration, cooldown, speed required etc. and the spear buffs against cav.

Then again, I honestly don't know why they even bothered putting these boards up. I doubt they read trough them anyway.
There are barely any downsides of having a lance over a spear(heck the lance even has better range, more dmg, can break shields, the speed difference is minimal), as long as they dont fix that i cant support every class having options for lances. Its just a not fun being couched and not rly fun to play like that. It requires less timeing than stabbing and less precision.

It wouldnt even fit the class theme aswell.(bringing the realistic argument oof)

Back
Top Bottom