Mount&Musket: Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
can we have Japanese as a faction pls, like with a harakiri option instead of a button for raising the hads in surrender

NightHawkreal said:
I do not argue, a man in an armour must survive after a hit from a pistol, but a man without an armour must leave in other world.

Why?

Cloth is as much help against a bullet than armour, and is lighter. Also Modern pistols don't have enough stopping power to stop someone in one shot - old pistols defiantly couldn't. Sure they wouldn't be able to carry on exactly as before & would be hurt, but not dead, or even unconscious.

NightHawkreal said:
Nonsense. On soldiers not so much fabric, and caliber at those pistols more than at modern

But modern pistols are alot more powerful, black powder isn't as powerful as modern cartridge filings.

Now I do not know for a fact whether an old black powder pistol is more powerful than an average modern one. It depends really on the pistol you are talking about. A 9mm for example has much less power than a .45.

But I have read articles about the power of muskets and the type of wounds soldiers of that period would recieve from them. There is a very large difference between the sorts of injuries people get from modern day ammunition compared to a musket ball.

This is mostly due to the shape of the bullet, a modern bullet is normally penetrative, from what I read and will go into or even straight through a person if there is enough power. However a musket ball due to the shape acts a bit differently. Rather than piercing a person like a dart into a darts board it would force itself through them. As a result the wounds you could recieve from old style weapons could be much more horrific.

ABSTRACT Objective: The advent of the full metal jacketed bullet in the late nineteenth century was thought to cause less severe battlefield wounds. This study compares the wounding characteristics of a reproduction rifle from the American Civil War to one of the Spanish-American War using the wound profile method. Methods: A 0.58 caliber rifled musket using Minié balls and a 0.30 caliber Krag-Jorgenson rifle using full metal jacketed bullets were fired into calibrated 10% ordnance gelatin blocks at a distance of 3 meters. Measured parameters included maximum temporary cavity, muzzle velocity, and the permanent track. Results: Maximum temporary cavities were significantly larger using the musket, averaging 121 mm (± 5.4) vs. 38.6 mm (± 8.8 )

Okay, I was thinking, maybe we could have a sperate button or something different for attaching Bayonets.

Maybe every weapon has no Bayonet at the start and players can press a seperate button to attach it which makes it slower to reload and attack with and means it does more damage.

Plus the Rifle Bayonet short sword is supposed to be 23 inches long, it looks 10 inches long, so plz imrpove that.

GerDeathstar said:
PsychoThruster said:
Also the officer's saber seems underpowered. Today was my first day playing and on two separate occasions I was able to flank and enemy position unnoticed. I came right up behind an enemy and delivered a chop to the back of his head only for him to turn around and stab me, killing me instantly with the bayonet. Not quite right imo.

No.
If you think bayos are absolutely superior to swords I challenge you to a duel, bayo vs sword. I'm pretty sure you'll be convinced otherwise after that.

As it is, bayonets are very easy to block, but should you not be able to do that you should be punished - this punishment comes in form of devastating damage delivered by that weapon. The inability to perform sideswings with it is balanced out with the range and damage advantage it has.

Your point is moot, I don't care about the advantages and disadvantages in a head on "duel". I think that the hit box for the head should apply to melee as well. If can flank and enemy and deliver a chop to his skull I shouldn't have to take it past that regardless of what weapon I am wielding.

It is also worth noting that even when engaged in a duel, blocking is a rare occurrence. Instead players typically try to circle strafe and side chop/stab/bash each other. I have seen far more bayos win the day than sabers too. Maybe these people aren't experts at the game, but they are the majority. Now in a duel between two players who are very familiar with the intricacies of the mount and blade melee system(as broken as it is in multiplayer) and are able to duel without interference from other players...Then yes, the saber probably is much more proficient. However this is not a game about Napoleonic dueling between an officer and a ranker. This is a game about Napoleonic warfare, and under that pretense the saber, perhaps even the entire melee system is insufficient.

Do you really think MB is broken? Care to explain? I mean, its not perfect but thats far from broken....

And I think a Sword is much better than a Bayonet. Once the bayonet has charged, if hes stuck in a long duel, he is doomed. Just as it should be. The bayonet do crazyomgnuclear damage when you are charging because of the speed bonus on a thrust with a polearm. After that, a facehug will make it do funny damage, and it can be outspammed with a sword. Not to mention the side-attacks work well with those dodgers...
And yes, you see more bayonets winning the day than swords. BTW, how many bayonets are per sword? 10? 20?  :wink:

Leberecht Reinhold said:
Do you really think MB is broken? Care to explain? I mean, its not perfect but thats far from broken....

And I think a Sword is much better than a Bayonet. Once the bayonet has charged, if hes stuck in a long duel, he is doomed. Just as it should be. The bayonet do crazyomgnuclear damage when you are charging because of the speed bonus on a thrust with a polearm. After that, a facehug will make it do funny damage, and it can be outspammed with a sword. Not to mention the side-attacks work well with those dodgers...
And yes, you see more bayonets winning the day than swords. BTW, how many bayonets are per sword? 10? 20?  :wink:

The MB melee system is terrible in multiplayer because all melee devolves into idiotic circle strafing zerg fests where organization goes out the window. The fact that you can move left and right and back all while attacking is ridiculous for any game trying to capture a semblance of reality.

The charge does tremendous damage, as it should. Even in close range I rarely need more than one or two stabs with it. And yes the saber can "outspam" the bayo, but the bayo can easily stay out of range. And the side attacks really don't do much of anything in regards to the circle strafing.

You have a point about bayonets outnumbering swords, but I am not talking about how many kill icons I see with the bayonet. I am talking about how many sword on bayo duels I have witnessed where the guy with the bayonet wins via the circle, stab, repeat method. Often times against more than one attacker.

But all of this really is not what my major complaint was. I simply feel that splitting someones skull with ANY weapon should be the end of it.

Also remove the hair from the damn hats lol. It is so ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom