Mount&Musket: Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ,yeah a golf mod for warband. Thats an awesome idea, warband is the perfect engine for this.

I think it would be wonderful to have some practice melee swords/bayonets/butterknives for the training servers/map, that would instead of killing the victim, just knock them down every time you hit, kind of like a mace(but every time). I don't know how much work it would take but it would make melee training a whole lot better.

Just a suggestion that I think would server a great purpose ^^ (with the incoming of so many new players) :grin:

For some reason the cavalry seem much more effective, it's very easy for me to bump-slash now (or maybe I was just having a very good morning)... and it's nice to see couch lances, though I'm sure that a lot of the on foot Regiments will hate it :lol: But the standard stab motion of the lance was pretty weak before (unless used against other cav), so this compensates that.

I don't think it's possible to swing a weapon while you jump or fall yet though... would be good if this was possible so that the on-foot Regiments can jump-slash couch lancers (should they be able to).

Amazing uniforms, sound tracks (nice selection here), beautiful maps with nice details, open spaces and great variety, and I love the troop preview box (you obviously know about the done button not working, I just press 'esc).

By the way... does native have birds in the sky? I just noticed a large Eagle flying around in a map with a clear sky... if you added that in, nice! :lol:

So anyway, it's my second message and I just wanted to say excellent job once again since I played though it all morning now.
Cheers!

Illuminati said:
For some reason the cavalry seem much more effective, it's very easy for me to bump-slash now (or maybe I was just having a very good morning)... and it's nice to see couch lances, though I'm sure that a lot of the on foot Regiments will hate it :lol: But the standard stab motion of the lance was pretty weak before (unless used against other cav), so this compensates that.
Aye, a lot of things was rebalanced this patch, and lancer should now be better. I think that was needed :smile:

Illuminati said:
I don't think it's possible to swing a weapon while you jump or fall yet though... would be good if this was possible so that the on-foot Regiments can jump-slash couch lancers (should they be able to).
No, no, it's stupid, ugly and unrealistic. I hate it in native too :wink:

Illuminati said:
Amazing uniforms, sound tracks (nice selection here), beautiful maps with nice details, open spaces and great variety, and I love the troop preview box (you obviously know about the done button not working, I just press 'esc).
Thanks :smile: The done button works fine for me though, so that's weird. :???:

Illuminati said:
By the way... does native have birds in the sky? I just noticed a large Eagle flying around in a map with a clear sky... if you added that in, nice! :lol:
:wink:

Illuminati said:
So anyway, it's my second message and I just wanted to say excellent job once again since I played though it all morning now.
Cheers!

Duke Daniel Milutin said:
Generals used telescopes to view the battle on a secure distance at their tent :smile:

Any Officer that could afford one had them :p

An officer's eyes are his most vital assets as Wellington said :wink:

I think for the next Russian Update it would be better when the Uniform looks like this for the Kurmak Landwehr

w207890007.jpg

It thinks its not hard to change the color of the russian coat to blue and make the cap blue too

I'm not very fond of the map with the wooden fort; it basically forces camping from both sides. Is there any chance the walls of the fort could be made destructible by cannon fire? Another solution might be changing it to something more siege-like ála native maps - with a larger fort (longer walls, not taller, so defenders are spread out more) and the option to use ladders to scale the walls. Might not be worth the effort to change those things, but there is a problem with the map imo.

Cannons became much better, than they were, but now aiming through a look began yet more to disturb, for example, I found the necessary angle of slope of cannon, after a shot I want a bit to turn a cannon to the left or to the right, but, because I bent over to the point " aiming" the barrel of cannon, following by my look, goes down at once, losing aiming. Is it possible to appoint aiming to the keys? Even up\down 

PS Thank you for smoking tubes. :smile:

NightHawkreal said:
Cannons became much better, than they were, but now aiming through a look began yet more to disturb, for example, I found the necessary angle of slope of cannon, after a shot I want a bit to turn a cannon to the left or to the right, but, because I bent over to the point " aiming" the barrel of cannon, following by my look, goes down at once, losing aiming. Is it possible to appoint aiming to the keys? Even up\down 

PS Thank you for smoking tubes. :smile:
Ah, yes, there's a part about the cannon system that needs to be mentioned, after you've finished aiming, simply press "F" again to stop aiming, and you can fire without messing it up.

I mean that when I want to correct a breech-sight, after a shot, a barrel "always" goes down, because I incline a look to the cannon, to use a point "aiming" and it in any way not to avoid. I must again to lift him, losing much time.

Really? I thought the angle of slope was saved ( before him retained the special wedges)  And the keys would be more comfortable all the same, a mouse constantly slides off and if a shooter will turn sharply, to reflect an attack or avoid a rider, will strongly turn a cannon, what in life was not exactly.

Instead of "Track 1", "Track 2" ect for the music options, flutes and drummers should choose from "Quick March" and "Slow March" with the relevant tune for specific regiments. Also bugle calls should replace "Track 1" ect with the command the call represents, eg. "Charge".
It would make much more sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom