Mount&Musket: Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bite Me

Knight at Arms
Is there something you'd like to see added or changed in the mod? Then you've come to the right place!
Post your suggestions in this thread. Do NOT use this thread for discussion as it is not a discussion thread.
Do NOT argue against an official response, it won't help your suggestion the slightest.

Important!
Please read FAQ and use search before posting, thank you.

And don't post something that's explained in the FAQ or already suggested, obviously...

Improve graphics and items variety plzzzz. Btw I'm up for any uniformes consultations for major factions. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=306393  This link might be useful.

Could you add the pistol in for other classes or just make a whole other class called "officer" because officers had pistols and swords which you couldn't do in game at the LB event

Admiral said:
Improve graphics and items variety plzzzz. Btw I'm up for any uniformes consultations for major factions. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=306393  This link might be useful.

About the uniforms, they are great and all it's just that it looks like the textures where made in paint. I'm no texturer and don't know anything about it, but if you look a cloths from the orginal you can almost see the fabric of them. Don't know if it's possible to do with these textures but good job anyway.

About the uniforms, they are great and all it's just that it looks like the textures where made in paint. I'm no texturer and don't know anything about it, but if you look a cloths from the orginal you can almost see the fabric of them. Don't know if it's possible to do with these textures but good job anyway.

Well, I have the same feeling.I've opened them in my CS3 and it just seemed to me that the number of pixels is too low. I think I could try to improve some of them when I have a free time - though I'm not a texturer myself.

Btw I remember Peninsular War mod, which was being made some time ago for original MB. Maybe it's creators could agree to cooperate and share some textures/models. Here is a link:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,42454.0.html

A singleplayer version would be nice, I bought the original mount and blade late so there were tons of mods already out, and many of them had guns which turned out to be fun when you used the fire at will, and hold fire commands.

Single player would be a wining shot for this mod.

Granadiers: overpowered, to big range, to big accuracy, to lethal + they strain preformance a lot, I have played allways on highest textures etc and gameplay was smooth but just 15 minutes ago I entered a 20 ppl fight, few granades have been throwed and game slowed down very badly what resulted in decreasing trextures,shadows etc what made game even more ugly :sad: (textures are bad for now even on highest settings, not to mention lowest) so I would remove them definitely.

The smoke after shooting are slowing down as well , and they stay in the air far to long (especially the granade smoke)

The shooting sound doesnt sound real for me, or at least 'convincing'. Its like a muted sound when it should be a proper bang.

Textures need fixing

Make the mod no smoke because although it adds to the atmosphere, it lags and annoys the **** out of most people.  Especially when ur lookin at 3 clouds of grenade smoke?  Its unplayable.

Nikolai Alexandre said:
Make the mod no smoke because although it adds to the atmosphere, it lags and annoys the **** out of most people.  Especially when ur lookin at 3 clouds of grenade smoke?  Its unplayable.

Well removing smoke is an worst case scenario. I played some mods on W&B that had a riflemans and the smoke didn lag at all. I think its just a metter of a textures used,  that was radiant cross something mod and smoke there was white, more apaque and vanished quite quick and that worked well. I would remove smoke only when everything else fails cose smoke is something u just expect on the 18 centruy battlefield, Muskets and no smoke its like a pizza and no cheese - eatable but wont taste as good.

I've just discovered this mod and spent a whole night having great fun with good and serious players, well done modders !

but once a 22nd admin logged off (it was late...) we were constantly harassed by serial teamkillers.

So it would be good either to setup and autokick or temporary ban based on current IP or to allow vote kicks.

sure this has already been discussed so apologies in advance...

(I just love curassiers, pity I'd be sent down the line with a rifle in any set piece battle :roll:

It'd be nice if the collar for all the uniforms was made a little bigger; when Im shooting I can always see a tiny amount of skin poking through.

could someone please answer this question
DarthJezus said:
Could you add the pistol in for other classes or just make a whole other class called "officer" because officers had pistols and swords which you couldn't do in game at the LB event

Smoke is necessary in this mod. AOB smoke work well for me, even with hundreds of soldiers i don't have FPS problems. That's just a suggestion, maybe bite me will make a even better smoke!

Also the sounds should be...revamped... now it don't look like a rifle...it is more a... meh not a rifle

Here's how bad smoke is for me.  I'm running towards the enemy next to my comrades.  A few of the enemy throw grenades that miss.  Up until then, I've been lag free.  I turn towards the two smoke grenades and instantly freeze up, 30 seconds later, after holding the W key to get past the smoke so i stop lagging, I realize I've ran across half the field.  I turn around, and accidentally look at the smoke, I start lagging badly.  I hear a horseman coming up from the direction of the smoke.  I turn to see him, I see the smoke as well, and instantly lag the **** out.  I'm easily pwnt by the swordsman and I wait 5 minutes to start a new smoke induced lag session.  So if there's anyway for the smoke to not be that bad, plz fix it :mrgreen: btw, grenades are horrible laggers.  Each grenade equals what, like 10 or 15 musket shots worth of lag for me.  So when people throw two grenades, it's like 30 muskets just fired with all the smoke pouring out and causing major lag.

Nikolai Alexandre said:
Here's how bad smoke is for me.  I'm running towards the enemy next to my comrades.  A few of the enemy throw grenades that miss.  Up until then, I've been lag free.  I turn towards the two smoke grenades and instantly freeze up, 30 seconds later, after holding the W key to get past the smoke so i stop lagging, I realize I've ran across half the field.  I turn around, and accidentally look at the smoke, I start lagging badly.  I hear a horseman coming up from the direction of the smoke.  I turn to see him, I see the smoke as well, and instantly lag the **** out.  I'm easily pwnt by the swordsman and I wait 5 minutes to start a new smoke induced lag session.  So if there's anyway for the smoke to not be that bad, plz fix it :mrgreen: btw, grenades are horrible laggers.  Each grenade equals what, like 10 or 15 musket shots worth of lag for me.  So when people throw two grenades, it's like 30 muskets just fired with all the smoke pouring out and causing major lag.
use the less smoke patch lmao

you still haven't answered my question -_-
DarthJezus said:

Btw that's a good idea. I'd propose the following abilities for officer:

- officer carries pistol and sword (as DarthJezus proposed)
- moreover, only officers can carry flags, and maybe drums - but I have no idea in which way drums could be useful.
- officer might have a few basic voise commands, activated by hot keys. F.i. pressing "V" in Atlas Novus activates victory war cry for your character. Same way pressing "F" might activate the shout " FORWARD!!", " H" - "HALT!!!!!" and "P" - " PRESENT, FIRE!!!" or something. Commanding would become much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom