Mount&Musket: Siege [84e Regiment Server] (new faster server)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This server it's very interesting to train regimental assaults.
But, by the other hand, sometimes it has problems with lag. And Captain Ward, who with his skills doesn't let play the other players  :lol: :lol:

Vincenzo said:
Well. If your going to use that siege mode...

I suggest you use the following server settings as they are on the 22nd siege;

set_round_max_seconds 900
set_respawn_period 15
set_defender_spawn_count 5
set_team_point_limit 3
set_team_point_limit 2
set_map_time_limit 30

I used that settings at the beginning, but it was often to short, because the attackers where often to slow to bringg the cannons into position.Also the players die really fast because of the M&M settings, 20 min are the best time in the moment.You can destroy the fort and have nice massacres at the end in the fort, defending the last position.5 lives,20min works and it is balanced.

but thanks anyways vinci!

Aldemar

osdeath said:
Hmmm.

I think I like it.

My only thing would be there needs to be more of a team imbalance, seems quite easy for the defenders to hold a breach when the teams are even, even with the 5 lives or whatever we have, it only really falls apart for the defending team if there's enough attackers to just get in past the first volley and kill everything, which they rarely can because the teams are even and there's a few people back on the cannons still.

Not that I know if it's even possible to cap the defending team at like 2/3rd's of the size of the current attacking team.

Been playing quite often and noticed that with even teams, as long as there is a capable cannon crew that can take out the walls in say the first 6-8 minuets, the attackers have a very good chance of winning.

DannyT said:
osdeath said:
Hmmm.

I think I like it.

My only thing would be there needs to be more of a team imbalance, seems quite easy for the defenders to hold a breach when the teams are even, even with the 5 lives or whatever we have, it only really falls apart for the defending team if there's enough attackers to just get in past the first volley and kill everything, which they rarely can because the teams are even and there's a few people back on the cannons still.

Not that I know if it's even possible to cap the defending team at like 2/3rd's of the size of the current attacking team.

Been playing quite often and noticed that with even teams, as long as there is a capable cannon crew that can take out the walls in say the first 6-8 minuets, the attackers have a very good chance of winning.

Having played a bit more today, seeing your point, it just comes down to whether the attackers have a capable team overall as well.

Although I should add I think I preferred the map when there were no cav XD

osdeath said:
DannyT said:
osdeath said:
Hmmm.

I think I like it.

Having played a bit more today, seeing your point, it just comes down to whether the attackers have a capable team overall as well.

Although I should add I think I preferred the map when there were no cav XD

Agreed

i cant fix the crashes after a map reload also not that the server goes crazy after 4-6 rounds when its full, so i need a map change or server restart.No other way in the moment. everyone need to live with the crashes after a map.

To be honest it happens in enough line battles for everyone to be used to it by this point I think, and it doesn't seem to happen too often at least, had another fun couple of hours on it, liking it more all the time I think :razz:

Map is great, brought me back to play M&M again after 5-6 months.
In my opinion will be god to make destroyable gate, maybe shift gate few meters onwards or make it through shootable (- you can hide there as attacker). 20 minutes look OK- as attacker you can make breach in 2-3 minutes (2-3 cannon balls to wall left of the gate, from left cannon spawn) and then fight for breach.
Fights for breaches are very funny. :grin: Canister or grape shots will fit this map :twisted:

the next siege map, not finished! (maybe 1-3 days)

Made by 84e_Friedrich

mb430.jpg

Tried this out yesterday, and I must say, this is awesome, good idea.

Cant wait for the new maps.  :grin:

You can even create a new event called "The Siege"

With some maps like that you can arrange easily a event where the regiments would gladly take part on conquering/defending the castle!

Regards Megaberna

Megaberna said:

With some maps like that you can arrange easily a event where the regiments would gladly take part on conquering/defending the castle!
Agreed man in skirt xD

mikkel the great said:
Megaberna said:

Agreed man in skirt xD

How dare you! Its called a kilt! How challenge you to a duel by offending our precious costumes and traditions :razz:

Oh hai gais what going on on this threa-

Aaaaw shiiiiit, somebody is trying to outshine my maps! How dare you make awesome maps! You should be executed for such travesty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom