Mount&Blade: With Fire and Sword Standalone

Users who are viewing this thread

Apparently it is made in Ukraine and is published by Russian publisher:
http://www.snowball.ru/oim/?page=news (you can translate it with google)

Does not say much but they quote Armagan as saying: "We are fascinated with new features of WF&S and I am sure the players will be fascinated no less."

I think some people see this as professional studios stepping on their toes, and have a "I'll have none of THAT thank you very much" attitude. The way I see it, done well studio mods would be similar to the professional mods made for Neverwinter Nights: sure, some of the free mods were just as good, but the premium mods extended the support life of the game, as it was still demonstratively profitable, they brought new tools to the community as these tools were made and released due to the existence of the premium mod program - and they were pretty cheap if you chose to buy them, something in the order of $6 if I remember right. In the end, the premium mod program comes down to a simple choice: like any mod, if it looks like something you'd enjoy, you play it. If not, you don't.

As for leasing the engine, have at it! Push it to the limit, please... maybe the fact that some of our mods are such high quality will push studios to new heights, to justify their project's existence. But any new features that add to the game experience, I welcome, whether they come from a professional studio of one of our excellent modders. I just want the best MnB I can play, since I love the game.

And besides... it makes me smile a bit to hear that Armagan and Taleworlds are making some mullah off this project. He began this so many years ago now with just the hope that he could create a great game and faith that there'd be a market for it... he's earned this - and while I won't buy anything I don't think I'll truly enjoy, I'll at least take an earnest look at any project that continues to expand on and support one of the only games I play anymore.

Schmea said:
it makes me smile a bit to hear that Armagan and Taleworlds are making some mullah off this project.
I think the word you are looking for is moolah; if Armagan is Muslim he will already have a mullah. :wink:

Darian said:
Schmea said:
it makes me smile a bit to hear that Armagan and Taleworlds are making some mullah off this project.
I think the word you are looking for is moolah; if Armagan is Muslim he will already have a mullah. :wink:

Maybe I meant Mullah! Clearly Armagan's goal in making this game was to collect "Muslim men educated in Islamic theology and sacred law."  :oops:

Thanks for pointing out the typo, it made me laugh.

some things that stood out: in the slow mo animation fight sequences, you'll notice the movement is much more fluid. and the soldiers involved in the 2 vs. 1 fight look absolutely awesome. no more jaggy 2001 graphics, it looks very good actually.

i'm actually surprised at the quality.

Looks fast paced. The cavalry charges looked brutal, especially when the hussars hit the other cavalry and when the gunners shot the **** out the charging cavalry.

johncage said:
some things that stood out: in the slow mo animation fight sequences, you'll notice the movement is much more fluid. and the soldiers involved in the 2 vs. 1 fight look absolutely awesome. no more jaggy 2001 graphics, it looks very good actually.

some models are nearly the same of normal M&B, also animations are the same so i can't understand your point...

fedeita said:
johncage said:

some models are nearly the same of normal M&B, also animations are the same so i can't understand your point...
And I thought it was just me.Maybe the slow mo made it look more fluid.

Cannot be 100% sure but I found the forum where this mod was started it seems the mod is for Warband.

Looks fantastic. If there's an English translation I'm likely to buy it (but hopefully the voices and sounds remain in the original language!) The thing that cinched it for me were the Lithuanian winged hussars.

Cormac BAMC said:
Looks fantastic. If there's an English translation I'm likely to buy it (but hopefully the voices and sounds remain in the original language!) The thing that cinched it for me were the Lithuanian winged hussars.

All depends on the price.  If they only want a fiver, or ten bob, I'm sold, but anything more and I doubt it...

It seems to be based on the novels of the same name by Henryk Sienkiewicz.

That alone should be a reason to consider this mod/expansion. :wink:

Cormac BAMC said:
The thing that cinched it for me were the Lithuanian winged hussars.
Lithuanian? I think that you meant to write Polish Winged Hussars...
Anyways, I'm gonna buy this game. For me being able to play as the Polish Winged Hussar is just priceless. I can't wait for this to come out.

Back
Top Bottom