Mount&Blade: With Fire and Sword Standalone

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe i'm pissed off about not getting into the beta, but i'm not screwing with ya! You watched the trailer, didn't you?  :mrgreen:
Here's the info about who's making it: Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword will hit the shelf this November, thanks to three developers: Snowberry Connection (Russia), Sich Studio (Ukraine) and TaleWorlds Entertainment (Turkey)
And except the stuff i told before, it adds some new features to the game and has quite a big part of Europe included
ADDITION: Here's an interview with CD Projekt Distribution Manager, Michał Gembicki: http://gamecorner.pl/gamecorner/1,86013,7003797,Mount___Blade__Ogniem_i_Mieczem___pytania_i_odpowiedzi.html
In my native language, of course

It's also listed in the interview that it will be fully moddable, it will feature complex storyline for all 5 included nations, reworked AI, changed sieges, "Historic Battle" mode, "Surprise" price for the game, and that they'll try to cooperate with Polish community to create DLC's (!) for their title
NOTES: I think that this "Surprise" is that the game will cost about 30-50PLN, which is 10-17$ right now
NOTE2:And they hinted that by DLC's they mean implementing the WFaS mod stuff into WFaS game completely for free

So basically they are re-making the game.  Sounds interesting, but is it legal in the USA?  Couldn't find anything on it...The Hussars were pretty cool though. :smile: Well, with the new animations editor, pretty much anything is possible...Surprised TaleWorlds approved it though...

Miko[PL] said:
It's also listed in the interview that it will be fully moddable, it will feature complex storyline for all 5 included nations, reworked AI, changed sieges, "Historic Battle" mode, "Surprise" price for the game, and that they'll try to cooperate with Polish community to create DLC's (!) for their title
NOTES: I think that this "Surprise" is that the game will cost about 30-50PLN, which is 10-17$ right now
NOTE2:And they hinted that by DLC's they mean implementing the WFaS mod stuff into WFaS game completely for free

Re-making the game? But all those seem do-able by Module System... So until further "surprise" I'm still treating it as a mod. And a mod for 10-17$?!
And what exactly does "implementing the WFaS mod stuff into WFaS game completely for free" mean?

The text of With Fire and Sword is in the public domain so anyone can make works based on it. Because of this the modders making their own interpretation could only get in trouble if they specifically use designs or whatever from one of the film versions or from CD Projekt's game. The existence of the film versions might lead to trademark issues in certain countries if CD Projekt want to release this as With Fire and Sword there (which is how the book's title has typically been translated in English-speaking countries).

At the moment this game is only being marketed in Russia and Poland (with other European countries possibly following); there is no indication of it being released elsewhere, but if one of the releases includes an English localisation you could buy a key or whatever and play it anyway.

foxyman said:
Miko[PL] said:

Re-making the game? But all those seem do-able by Module System... So until further "surprise" I'm still treating it as a mod. And a mod for 10-17$?!
And what exactly does "implementing the WFaS mod stuff into WFaS game completely for free" mean?

Yeah. So they basically bought the engine, but essentially all they're doing is exactly like any mod.(as the trailer depicts; there is nothing new as far as the engine goes, and all changes were done with the module system etc.) I'm even in doubt they'll have the warband multiplayer stuff included. Also I didn't know buying an engine involved buying all the models and textxures from the game said engine was built for.

Seems like a seriously bad deal, to me.

EDIT: I like how they used a bug in the trailer to make it look "awesome".

Perhaps this should be moved to another forum - the Pioneer's Guild perhaps, or even Other Games?  Or at least a new topic made there.

Are you that bitter about not getting into warband beta?  Is it that big a deal for you, heh i didn't even apply  :lol: They must have hired you as marketing head, or giving you a cut of the cash the way you are parroting on.

Here are the facts Miko, as i see them. Armagan and crew are making warband, some polish gits are making this "Not-A-Mod, Mod" and wanting money for it? hmmm who will get my money do you think. From what i see, there are several mods here for free that change more of the game world or have a similer game setting/style then this "expansion". Perhaps this will have better graphics, since pro studio's are doing it, but if you haven't noticed, most folk who love this game are not concerned with graphics. Not enough to pay for them at eny rate. And if it comes to game play, scripting, coding and so on. I'll put my money on the elite modder of this community ****ting all over those studios.

Truth is, i will pay for warband, and download TLD, 1866, PoP, EATRC, Starwars you name it, FOR FREE and most likely never need to buy another game again. THese guys need to make one HELL of a mod "expansion" to justify a price.

Agreed with Pagan, price is too high at the moment for many people to buy it. Unless there are going to be a lot more features that have not been disclosed or completely done.

Still doesn't mean it will not kick off in Eastern Europe, but as for the United States many people are not as interested in the books or the history of that period and area. For instance, Warband offers multiplayer. That is and has been its main attraction for many months now. The graphics upgrade is nice and all but this game isn't super graphics focused if no one has noticed.

I would love to ride into battle with hundreds of winged hussars charging towards some limey Swedes and Ruskies, but as it stands now there is a mod being made in this community with the same basic idea. I will wait until either word is out that the community mod is being canceled, or if CDProjekt's expansion will prove to be a lot better, but most of all more historic, than the community version, maybe a price drop would help too.

This game isn't even out yet, let alone with an English version. Give it time. According to the GameCorner interview it will have a proper storyline which will vary depending on which faction the player joins. Aside from Storymod there has been no real effort to give Mount&Blade a full-blown, story-based questline, so this sounds very promising.

CD Projekt is committed to patching and improving the titles they produce (The Witcher, first released in 2007, has just recently had a free "Director's Cut" content patch), so this isn't just a quick money-grab. The interview indicates that Warband's improvements will be made available once Warband has been released.

Back
Top Bottom