Mount&Blade: With Fire and Sword Standalone

Users who are viewing this thread

Fei Dao said:
From the looks of it there aren't even any new animations. I wouldn't call it an expansion, but rather just a p2p mod. The other Fire and Sword mod looks just as good, IMO.

Yeah, if they're actually two independent MOD, I like the fan-made one better.
But anyway, they're a commercial studio  and do their commercials. It's different from earlier when somebody talking about Paradox buying community's MODs. Let's see how well they can do.

Here is part of the reason for this guys. In Poland, the books that this mod/expansion is based off of is really popular, same with the movies. So by making a hopefully super mod to sell, they will at least make money to Polish people in Poland and across the world, as well as other Eastern European nations. As for price, I looked it up and can't find a price for it. It is suggested for Autumn like Miko[PL] said.

For those that may want to read a little English biography of it; http://www.modrealms.com/mount-and-blade/mount-blade-ogniem-i-mieczem-with-fire-and-sword-trailer/.

Now me myself, I loved the books, and if the reviews for this are somewhat decent I will most likely end up buying it. It was just announced too, not sure when but it is very recent announcement, so hopefully they can add maybe new features before any deadline. Can't wait, dzięki Miko[PL].

I suggest all developers of medieval/fantasy based games to buy the mount&blade license,
then maybe we'll get some more decent combat games - while providing Taleworlds a cashflow for future endeavors  :grin:

(I don't see anything close to being a 'warband buster' - most of all a nice looking mod...)

Regardless of this mod being good or not, I think this is a really good thing for taleworlds, provided of course what i've guessed turns out to be correct, and the video certainly backs up my surmises.

I saw a winged hussar and immediately became excited, but as the video progressed I realized it was just a pretty mod.

It was an early WIP trailer which didn't showed some of the new overall gameplay features. It was just a showcase of new armors, weapons etc. I can assure you that whenever some new info, or trailer, is released, i'll translate it and post it here

Good quality, but that's to be expected coming from a professional studio. I'd not pay more than $5, and certainly not until the community has appraised it (and an English translation is made).

I sort of see this how Bioware did modules for NWN.

The Modrealms writer seems to confuse this project with the free one. The free project may need a title change, even if they likely were first. :???: Their thread (again). How should we refer to them? The new one is "CDProjekt WFAS", while the free one is "Free WFAS"? The "Free WFAS" modders should know about this, if they don't already.
Fei Dao said:
I wouldn't call it an expansion, just a p2p mod.
Same went for 1066 for 0.751, the distributors called it an "official" expansion since they got Armagan's permission to sell it..

To me it looks like the mod in development here on the site is actually the same thing as this expansion, but the expansion will probably be better, unfortunately the expansion will only be sold in the Ukraine, Russia, Poland, and Slovakia, unless you can get it by internet.
I did not read that much on it, so feel free to correct me. I think the mod version will be released on the forums for free.

I'm kinda sceptical about this being a real expansion. Has there been any official word on it? Unless there is, I can shenanigans. :razz:

And I would also not buy it. Setting doesn't interest me one bit.

I dont believe it. Or wait did I just spoil the joke?
@Miko,

alright you are not accepted into the beta, I am not aswell they said it would be random so I suppose they did.
maybe we have more luck next time, and yes I am upset about it but no I am not going to go the way you are doing.

Back
Top Bottom