Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC (Release Date: 11th December)

Users who are viewing this thread

nacholoko16 said:
wildyracing said:
nacholoko16 said:
mauhur said:
Ill explain some stuff about my suggestion for polearm/two-handed axes/one-handed axes to be more common and more variety:
1 Good reason for it to be implemented is that not everyone had enough coin to buy or even make a sword.

2 Even though some axes were actualy pretty expensive and not everyone had a handy small war axe for one hands, Axes were still pretty common.
Anyway the axe that would be fun for devs to add is a dark age axe: http://bladesmithsforum.com/uploads/monthly_01_2011/post-26987-129494690272.jpg after all axes should be alot more common, but swords should be more worth than it already is and it should cost more for someone to carry a sword, anyway.

3 It is the earlier version of Danish Bearded Axe, remember that we are not in 10th Century but 8th, stuff are slowly processing, that would be the ancestor of Danish Bearded Axes, most people think vikings used axes the most but actualy Saxons and many other cultures used the axes more than sword aswell, not only for its cost but it was actualy really effective weapon for its price, as many said in the earlier comments sword were really expensive too, it was for people with high status, the higher-end soldiers, kings, earls, jarls, nobles, ETC. For a commoner a sword would be impossible, maybe if that commoner scavenged from the killed enemy.

In anyway though, everything can wait, i would rather have a fixed DLC than having new stuff added to the sadly bad DLC(i like it though, bad in a way that the bugs and glitches ruin it.)
We need more ONE handed axe variety and Expensive swords, thats the main i guess. An about 2 h axe Rollo time, totally true fella! 8/10 little fellas who play this and say WHERE IS THE 2 H axe on forum  is because they watch Vikings(like the serie but things might be discerned) and love ROLLO s2s2s2

And why exactly you have to state your position as a pure fact? There were two-handed axes in Viking's age, even if very rarely used in battle! Two handed axes should be in the game!
Did you study something some time fella? 2 H axe werent from that age, 2 H axe are from 11th...

In every epoch lumberjack axes existed. Lumberjack axes are always 2 handed. So based on this fact, how do you want to convince me that in the heat of battle somebody in Viking age won't use his lumberjack axe to fight if he simply hasn't access to any other weapons at the moment?!
In your logic maybe he will try to use it with one hand? Or maybe he will not use it, because it is not 'politically correct' for him to fight with 2 handed axe and he will fight bare handed instead? Ridiculous... 2 handed axes existed since the invention of the axe and have always been used for battle as long as for lumberjacking as long as for home defense if you insist.
2 handed swords are a whole different thing, but 2 handed axes must be in the game, let the devs name them 'lumberjack' axes if it bothers you, I am OK with this as long as they exist in-game.

I think they should fix anything later except Fps dropping slowly to 1. After 30 mins i have 20 FPS while looking at ground with no one around.. This needs to be fixed before they go to fix other stuff. It is also for SP. This Bug is just gamebreaking..

Antar said:
Sounds very cool, I'll definitely be getting it but I'd like to enjoy the Native Bannerlord experience, first, before going on to Mods and DLC.

You mean 'Warband'?
'Bannerlord' is a work in progress and no definite word on it's release.

Are you guys still arguing about stuff that isn't that big and easily to fix?

I mean i am really getting pissed of to actualy close the game and open it up again to let my FPS go high up..

Mostly it takes extremely long to just load to textures...

All i wish is that this getting fixed so we can have awesome big events without FPS going to 1 after a hour or 2..
(and the reason why i am really pissed of is because i actualy love this DLC, i keep playing this again and again, it annoys me that i have to close it and open it up to just fix the FPS..)

TIDM2 said:
Is upgrading your men in this DLC a lot harder than it is in Native or is that just me
YES.

But if you upgrade your training skill enough at the start (many people, including me, forgot about it), you many be able to give them a reasonable amount of XP every day (its about 180 XP per day for me now I think- not sure)
Also, dont forget that another way to upgrade them is by frequently engaging in battles. Keep your Party Wound Healing skill high so that you dont lose a billion soldiers  in the process :grin:

Yeah training helps a little bit. It's just that after I won a hard-fought siege with a bunch of low level troops and lost nearly half of them, only one soldier could be upgraded afterwards. I was a bit upset at the time..  :razz:

Also jesus the high tiered soldiers with the mail can kill about five to ten of my soldiers before being taken down despite being surrounded and attacked by like thirty men.. -.-

GERRY said:
Are the unlimited javelins on naval battles intentionally? Because I hate it
Actually all missile-weapons are unlimited for naval battles.
Was a design-decision during development, as it was boring on ships if you didn't have any ammo anymore.
Then you would have to wait until you board a ship. But with unlimited ammo you also can even avoid enemy ships and try
to pierce down their warriors from the far.
Especially if you have a small, but fast ship, you can outmaneuver bigger and slower ships and reduce their bigger crew with missile-weapons, until you match their menpower.

BrustwarzenLenny said:
GERRY said:
Are the unlimited javelins on naval battles intentionally? Because I hate it
Actually all missile-weapons are unlimited for naval battles.
Was a design-decision during development, as it was boring on ships if you didn't have any ammo anymore.
Then you would have to wait until you board a ship. But with unlimited ammo you also can even avoid enemy ships and try
to pierce down their warriors from the far.
Especially if you have a small, but fast ship, you can outmaneuver bigger and slower ships and reduce their bigger crew with missile-weapons, until you match their menpower.

I absolutely love that feature.

Hey, any chance we can see some Berzerkirs and Ulfhedhnar?

Have anyone experience this issue? Whenever I want to help in a naval battle, I find out that my character is somewhere under the sea.

I gave up on upgrading troops, I just hire a bunch of the Norwegian Vikings that roam around Northumbria, got like 200 of them, and destroy nearly everything.

Okay for the storyline campaign, when you have to bring furs to Hogni in Dublin, where is he? I've tried to do this quest twice now, and I can't find him anywhere.

Jorgunson12 said:
Okay for the storyline campaign, when you have to bring furs to Hogni in Dublin, where is he? I've tried to do this quest twice now, and I can't find him anywhere.
The house to your left where you spawn at the centre of town is the merchant's house.
You'll find him there.

Adorno said:
Jorgunson12 said:
The house to your left where you spawn at the centre of town is the merchant's house.
You'll find him there.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom