Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC (Release Date: 11th December)

Users who are viewing this thread

ntblood said:
Will there be further updates to the Viking Conquest DLC to address the crashing to desktop that so many of the reviews for it on Steam mention? I bought the game too.

Thanks
Yes,we're working on a patch to address the most critical issues. Please be patient as we need time to gather the necessary information. But all the feedback so far has already helped a lot.

Fps drops after every round needs to get fixed.

Music cuts out and comes back and cuts and comes back again nonstop

Siege has a bug when you hit the gate it can be heared from all around, it is also high volume and it is annoying, some of us don't even do sieges anymore.

Naval battles have problems, i have some hilarious screenshots of a flying boat XD

(bugs i have found that breaked some of my experience)

Edit: I am not mad to show these bugs, i want it to fix, i hope someone won't call me a rager for helping the devs :sad:

mauhur said:
Fps drops after every round needs to get fixed.

Music cuts out and comes back and cuts and comes back again nonstop

Siege has a bug when you hit the gate it can be heared from all around, it is also high volume and it is annoying, some of us don't even do sieges anymore.

Naval battles have problems, i have some hilarious screenshots of a flying boat XD

(bugs i have found that breaked some of my experience)
wrong thread, put all  those stuffs on report bugs session pls. Nice iniciative anyway fella, just put those things on the right place is better for them found the bugs.

There are so many topics that I don't where to post. That's my feedback, for now.

I haven't got the time to play much, but for now the game works far better than what I had read here.

Sure, it needs polishing and this hasn't been a perfect launch. Still, I'm playing on a recent, still not really powerful laptop (Lenovo Z580, i5, GeForce 630m, 8 GB Ram) and I haven't encountered many of the problems I've read. Premise:  I have non-steam Warband 1.162, I'm playing with load textures on demand and force single threading, no or low aliasing and, not sure right now, maybe no HD and low trees' details. Autosave disabled, as well. The main problems I've noticed (for now) are the music starting and suddenly stopping in the opening scene on the ship, some frame rate drops, laggy map and a 3/4 seconds loading when entering settlements.

All things that, playing Warband mods since 2010, I'm pretty used to. Now, I know this ain't no mod and we've all paid for this, but I'm pretty confident in a few patches most problems will be solved. While I understand that is pissing to have bought an unfinished product, there's no need to be so pissed and angered at the developers.  I have faith in the team behind VC, they have spent years behind an enormous, free and ambitious project - and even managed to finish it! I'm sure everybody (including myself) will get what they have paid for.

Other than this stuff, game looks and feels great. A lots of details in, even in the character creation (the attitude and the virtues, ah! Cool touch, really). Can't wait to discover what's in store for me. So, all the best wishes to team.

Anyway, I just hope the download option will be activated on the Taleworlds website for those who had pre-paid - I've received the mail, but I have to be able to download the obvious patches, am I right?

One Question: How is the slinging animation implemented? It is like in brytenwalda where the reloading animation is copied from crossbow reloading and the shooting is just like normal throw? 

As a fan of slinging, i would like it, if they implement it correctly. The staff sling is used without hurling/spinning. You throw it in one movement. Not like in the youtube-video i saw minutes ago.

Come on people, in the internet era, you can research a bit, how the weapons are really used.

The hurling animation can be implemented to the normal sling.

And you can vary it, in short, medium or long sized sling.

short sling: less damage more accuracy,
medium sling: medium damage, medium accuracy
long sling: high damage, low accuracy

And you can add different ammo for it: normal pebbles and lead glandes.

Last but not least: when you are versed with slinging, its as poweful as bow&arrow.

I hope that its all correct in bannerlord, if there are slings at all.

I've actually been having a ton of fun in the single player. I set sail for England where I helped some people with quests, joined some competitions etc. and then to finish off my little tour, I pillaged a monastery. I then set sail for Denmark where I repaired my ship, sold some prisoners and bought my men a barrel of ale.

Once this mod is fully fixed and able for everyone to play properly, I think a lot of people will enjoy it.

RoboSenshi said:
:lol: I think I might be the only person playing as a Christian and not pillaging monestaries.

I tried playing as a christian monk and immediately got my arms broken by bandits. :razz:

Going to stick to pillaging for the time being XD

RoboSenshi said:
:lol: I think I might be the only person playing as a Christian and not pillaging monestaries.
I actually plan on being a pagan that turns over a new leaf as a christian later in life.....after lots of plunder. Kinda like Olaf tryggvasson

I don´t know if this will be of any help but i used this patch and after that i haven´t had a single crash that i can remember.
There are still issues but no crashes at least

Go to this link and download the patch use it on your mb_warband.exe in your game folder
h t t p ://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Maybe this  has been addressed before, but I haven't seen it:

Which version of Warband are you using? I use 1.160

But since this DLC is based off Brytenwalda which required Warband version 1.132, maybe using 1.160 is not a good idea?

Those who don't have any problems with it (not crashing I mean), which version of Warband are you using?

Grizzly1 said:
I don´t know if this will be of any help but i used this patch and after that i haven´t had a single crash that i can remember.

Go to this link and download the patch use it on your mb_warband.exe in your game folder

Can anybody confirm this?

mike56 said:
Grizzly1 said:

Can anybody confirm this?

yea, noticed quite the improvement. no crashes etc.

Okay, I got the game working now!
I uninstalled Warband (1160 version), reinstalled 1162 and then installed Viking DLC again.
Now I can run the game perfectly. Some bugs ofcourse: looping music bug in battles, but otherwise it looks good.

Back
Top Bottom