Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC (Release Date: 11th December)

Users who are viewing this thread

nacholoko16 said:
Sta
Heskeytime said:
nacholoko16 said:
If you realize that even wikipediua knows that 2H axe isnt from the game time... imagine a high deep research about it? So its very very very clear there is no 2H axe. The DEVS and envolvers on the game say is a try to eb a historical game so  ROLLO friends no 2H axe.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but you sound exceptionally certain about something from an era that is notorious for it's sparse archaeological evidence and few/suspect written texts - it's one of the things that makes the era so interesting and tempting for historical fiction because relatively little is 'known' for certain.

I personally find it difficult to imagine that 'holding an axe with both hands' was not invented yet xD you may say that a certain type or style wasnt in use yet, but that's about it.
Well we cant take this discussion to the Philosophy side or maybe to the hipotetical place, werent found any 2 h axe but i guess we must put some 2 h axe to the Rollo friends stay in peace with the comunitty... they are startng to get very dangerous on forum o_O
Look dude, i have no quarrel with you whatsoever, but please stop calling me names like Rollo Friends, don't get mad at me while i haven't done something pretty bad to you, or did i?

Probably too much idiots expecting too much and now hating....
Guys, its a DLC what cost under 15€ and I think its a nice DLC and totally new M&B experience.
It has so much new stuff and gameplay options, also the best story in M&B until now and you are complaining about low fps?
Go set your graphics down or get better pc, its not that hard. Also there are patches incoming for better performance and bug fixing.

Also its a DLC from the Brytenwalda team and it raised from nowhere, not every developer has millions of dollars to pay a whole company.

So get your asses down and stop complaining, start bug reporting if you pissed from the glitches...

Harlef said:
Guys, its a DLC what cost under 15€ and I think its a nice DLC and totally new M&B experience.
It has so much new stuff and gameplay options, also the best story in M&B until now and you are complaining about low fps?
Go set your graphics down or get better pc, its not that hard. Also there are patches incoming for better performance and bug fixing.

Also its a DLC from the Brytenwalda team and it raised from nowhere, not every developer has millions of dollars to pay a whole company.

So get your asses down and stop complaining, start bug reporting if you pissed from the glitches...

If more people stopped complaining and writing bad reviews and started to report bugs, post screenshots of glitches etc. then they'd get somewhere faster.

Ok, there is a bug i really start to hate, after every new battle, the FPS slowly drops lower and lower, this is not because there are many more people joining in or the map change. It is same it just gets lower and lower, till it reaches 20 and 10, than it is just unplayable.

nacholoko16 said:
Sta
Heskeytime said:
nacholoko16 said:
If you realize that even wikipediua knows that 2H axe isnt from the game time... imagine a high deep research about it? So its very very very clear there is no 2H axe. The DEVS and envolvers on the game say is a try to eb a historical game so  ROLLO friends no 2H axe.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but you sound exceptionally certain about something from an era that is notorious for it's sparse archaeological evidence and few/suspect written texts - it's one of the things that makes the era so interesting and tempting for historical fiction because relatively little is 'known' for certain.

I personally find it difficult to imagine that 'holding an axe with both hands' was not invented yet xD you may say that a certain type or style wasnt in use yet, but that's about it.
Well we cant take this discussion to the Philosophy side or maybe to the hipotetical place, werent found any 2 h axe but i guess we must put some 2 h axe to the Rollo friends stay in peace with the comunitty... they are startng to get very dangerous on forum o_O

Any speculation over military equipment from this era or earlier is thoroughly grounded in the hypothetical. This isnt like Roman Britain or 1066 onwards, there are so relatively few finds from this era in Britain and so many areas unaccounted for that absence of evidence cannot be taken as evidence of absence.

The main complaint is the lack of variety from a gameplay perspective? If you want a historical defense of it then consider it a 'peasant' weapon, since large numbers of troops were drawn from the peasantry armed only with their own tools, not fancy shields and swords. So pitchforks, ards, woodcutting axes. Mysteriously items like this rarely turn up in the wealthy hoards or rich burials we uncover that account for nearly all of our material evidence from this era, it doesnt mean they werent there.

Harlef said:

yes, yes and yes. Also the fact that mauhur is offended by being called a Rollo friend proves that he has a genuine appreciation for historical accuracy, so there is no more point in arguing about two handed axes, because no one can provide 100 % proof and with or without them the game is still great. Cant we just all get along!?

Half the game features talk about *historical XXXX*. Like this?

A battle system based on what we know historically about warfare in the Viking Age.

So I was not surprised by not finding some weapons types or armor types. I would not mind 2H axes, but I understand its part of the game design as it was informed to us even before release.

I agree, and I dont think there is a viking game that exists, or at least that I know of, that is more accurate. I have searched.

Vikingr is totally acurrated fella... Anyway about the 2H axes dont take me bad maybe someone use a 2h axe that time and we dont know, but if is historicall acurrate by OUR FACTS COMPROVED we dont believe there were 2h axes so no 2h. Anyway the devs will decide if they put or no, just stop claim about the 2 h axe in every topic of this forum! Soon as i can i will dev a game when you are a 2H axe  itself called Rollo and go throw  an huge army of guys slahing everybody in pieces... i know i will become millionaire :grin:

Leifr Eiríksson said:
arteofwar said:
I agree, and I dont think there is a viking game that exists, or at least that I know of, that is more accurate. I have searched.

Click.

:roll:
I mentioned a few posts back I dont do mp, which is why I forgot about that, but your right about it. I always wished they had done a sp version.

Will there be further updates to the Viking Conquest DLC to address the crashing to desktop that so many of the reviews for it on Steam mention? I bought the game too.

Thanks

ntblood said:
Will there be further updates to the Viking Conquest DLC to address the crashing to desktop that so many of the reviews for it on Steam mention? I bought the game too.

Thanks
Yes will eb alot of hotfix and updates to the game, they will get the bug list and start to work(i guess they already start to work on the issues fella).

Back
Top Bottom