Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC (Release Date: 11th December)

Users who are viewing this thread

Adorno said:
Thanks for all the feedback. Most of the issues reported cannot be recognised from the alpha testing.
We are looking into the causes behind the issues. Many might be related to missing operations in the executable.
In the meantime bug reports are great. Please give details and perhaps screenshots along with system specifications.
my only question is, why is there a two handed sword and not a two handed axe? I don't think in dark age there were two handed swords. I really got disappointed, i know it is not 1000AD but doesnt mean two handed axes are banned?(Polearm would be fitting for big axes and not two handed though)

Edit:Saxons have one axe???

mauhur said:
Adorno said:
Thanks for all the feedback. Most of the issues reported cannot be recognised from the alpha testing.
We are looking into the causes behind the issues. Many might be related to missing operations in the executable.
In the meantime bug reports are great. Please give details and perhaps screenshots along with system specifications.
my only question is, why is there only only a two handed sword and no two handed axe? People were not easily getting a handy fast one handed axes, they also used woodcutting axes or any axe and used it with two hands aswell as one hand.. I really got disappointed, i know it is not 1000 but doesnt mean two handed axe are banned(Polearm would be fitting for a big and not two handed)

You can add a 2H axe if you want to. Just cause the devs design doesnt call for one it doesnt mean the game is better or worse for it.

Enjoy MB moddable capabilities!

kalarhan said:
mauhur said:
Adorno said:
my only question is, why is there only only a two handed sword and no two handed axe? People were not easily getting a handy fast one handed axes, they also used woodcutting axes or any axe and used it with two hands aswell as one hand.. I really got disappointed, i know it is not 1000 but doesnt mean two handed axe are banned(Polearm would be fitting for a big and not two handed)

You can add a 2H axe if you want to. Just cause the devs design doesnt call for one it doesnt mean the game is better or worse for it.

Enjoy MB moddable capabilities!

A lot of people got this for the multiplayer, so apart from client-side making the 2handed sword look like an axe with pierce-stabs modding isnt the answer he's looking for. Unless of course M&B: Viking Conquest 'Axe mod' really takes off and gets it's own servers. I'm seeing a lot of the defense of this DLC so far is 'do it yourself', 'if the textures are broken make them better yourself', 'make your own french translation' etc etc, this isnt just some mod, this is supposed to be a commercial release.

mauhur said:
Adorno said:

Back to 2 handed swords, there were not found during the dark ages but the medieval period. **** historical accuracy anyways its not important at all (extremely sarcastic).

mauhur said:
Its their design that failed in the release though, and this is my suggestion to make it better than it is..

Just cause you disagree with something you cant say it failed.

You dont like it. They decided based on historical evidence and their own judgment that it would not fit the game design.

If they decide to revise the design and add it... ok. If you make a suggestion based on a real argument... ok. Complain and name calling will not help... at all.

Go ahead: make a suggestion. Explain that you want a multiplayer option for magical weapons. Should include a 2H axe with lightning effects. You can ask for anything. Just explain why. Who knows, you may get their attention for a new item.

I guess the mistake was made up and we cant just stand the hole day crying and claiming about. I know, its a pain on the ass wait for a game and comes that broke up, but we must help the devs to fix this up making a EDUCATED and RESPECTFULL feedback! As i already said i feel that anger too about the release but claim wont help in nothing, so put the MAIN problems on the table. MAIN stuffs who must be worked out to let the gameplay good or medium till the HOTFIX start to arrive( in a large scale). There is clearly alot of work to do, but mistakes are maden and we must understand that soon or later the game will be fixed and run properly :smile: So help the devs pals!!! Thats all i have to say about this situation... JUST MY OPINION.

Carlos Danger said:
Im sure celts started using two handed swords around around 3AD so its not far fetched.

You know the reason Roman would use a short sword? Well they were great on shieldwall battle and they wouldnt break easily...

Long sword = lack of metal knowledge = broken sword

Add to that that iron was rare and expensive. Swords were a rare weapon. To have a big sword would be really... uncommon... if not... impossible in 3AD. Unless you live in the world side of the planet. We are talking about Europe ish area only.

look guys. as someone that has seen the history channel viking special and has participated in NUMEROUS vikingr shield battles, i can confidently say that this game is an INSULT to viking history and culture. to be frank (yes that is a viking reference, you wudnt get it unless u are also a viking expert) i would be SUING talewords for slander if i couild. this company has forever lost my business and i hope they  remove this game from the store and release a public apology for their ABHORANT excuse of a  game.

Unicorn said:
look guys. as someone that has seen the history channel viking special and has participated in NUMEROUS vikingr shield battles, i can confidently say that this game is an INSULT to viking history and culture. to be frank (yes that is a viking reference, you wudnt get it unless u are also a viking expert) i would be SUING talewords for slander if i couild. this company has forever lost my business and i hope they  remove this game from the store and release a public apology for their ABHORANT excuse of a  game.

You wouldn't happen to be realted to several old Danish kings, would you?

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Unicorn said:

You wouldn't happen to be realted to several old Danish kings, would you?
Waits for epic battle from two legends using memes from realms that, while they share the same world, rarely overlap.
The Swaggiest E-Thug vs. The FBI Agent Pharoah.
The Prophecy will be fulfilled!

kalarhan said:
mauhur said:
Its their design that failed in the release though, and this is my suggestion to make it better than it is..

Just cause you disagree with something you cant say it failed.

You dont like it. They decided based on historical evidence and their own judgment that it would not fit the game design.

If they decide to revise the design and add it... ok. If you make a suggestion based on a real argument... ok. Complain and name calling will not help... at all.

Go ahead: make a suggestion. Explain that you want a multiplayer option for magical weapons. Should include a 2H axe with lightning effects. You can ask for anything. Just explain why. Who knows, you may get their attention for a new item.
stop defending them with your life man, just don't. I never asked for magical weapons, did you ever see me say: I WANT MAGICAL WEAPONS! no. please just don't make up stuff and say that i did not explain while i perfectly did, saying that two handed axes were common, unlike two handed swords, it is based on the evidence that they might even used two handed axes of chopping wood and not war, hell even socked axes.

Also i spoke that for everybody, i am the only one that waited for two handed axes,

MadocComadrin said:
kalarhan said:
Swords were a rare weapon.
I'm not from the Sage's Guild, but I'm pretty sure this is a myth.

Comparitively speaking he's right, only nobles and wealthy men would have had the capital needed to fund the smithing of a sword, a good one anyways. Axes and spears were the weapons of the commoner.

Unicorn said:
:lol:
Oh God.
Please be trolling.

You think that make you an expert?  :roll:

Also this wasn't developed by Taleworlds.

See you're making a huge fool out of yourself.

Unicorn said:

How about you list your arguments? Just say it is so cause you say it is so ... what? I am lost.

Besides it is a game. It is based on history. But is not a history book. It is meant to be fun.

Back
Top Bottom