Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC (Release Date: 11th December)

Users who are viewing this thread

Insane memory leaks.
The game crashed at 2.3G, not suprising.
rZCxwUU.png

ImO, this is not a finished game. But it has some potential if things get patched.

Features i expected to come, but was disappointed not to see (just talking about mp here):

-fast sprinting and normal running ( instead of one weird mixture of both.)
-Flaming arrows, torches, burning buildings and ships?? Oil... More fire generally, for raid mode and ship battles.
-Many more weapons and armors, different shields. It all looks the same. 2h Axes, throwing axes... .
-Easy to steer ships, with faster and slower speed, destructable ships, different looking types of boats.
-Shieldbash, making an enemy stumble like after being hit by a horse or something like that...  maybe some more gore...

Features i am happy to see:

-Watereffect when arrow or javelins fly into the water
-decapitation
-Berserk Mode

But thats  it...

First patch must contain:
This horrible doorbashing sound removed, its louder than anything else, no matter where u are on the map. Arrow damage (2 arrowhits are disabling! come on), adding some new weapons and armors. Fixed Naval battles, with spawning in the boat and not water. Some kind of FPS fix.

I know its easy to complain instead of developing, and ppl alrdy got aggressive and impatient because of having to wait til 6 pm and the complain again... but come on, we all paid for this ...  its not a finished game and thers no fun for me playing it. If the fixes come soon enough, and some new features maybe?? (idk, prob. too hopeful), i d be worth the 12 eur, but like that... No.

Quick battles: Stutters every second.
Sandbox mode / story mode: Crashes when trying start a new game: Error code 16.
The menus are also bugged: Have to alt + tab out and in of the game, or I can't press "next".

Money back please!

Overall I like the DLC, but I had a few issues. Mainly textures not loading while on the overview map, relatively low performance and when trying to sail to a target the boat would try and cut through the land. Also my character seems to be an Olympic sprinter. I only had one CTD but my brother could not get past the creation menu as It constantly CTD with RGL errors even though his computer far exceeds the requirements. I suppose I'll be waiting for the bug and optimization patches now  :roll: :roll:

To help the VC developers keep track of issues, please make all bug reports on the Support Forum here:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,376.0.html

Taking a quick look at this forum shows several of these problems have already been reported, so it will be useful if you could add anything/as much info as possible to the existing bug report threads to 1) show how common/frequent the problem is, and 2) give the developers more info to work with.

It does have it's issues but all in all I'm enjoying the single player. After a week all these bugs will be gone.
One thing that does bug me is the roid rage looking kids. Some of those kids look like they can kick my ass.

Well that's money i'm never getting back for an unfinished mod i feel no compulsion to ever touch again.

I think there may have been a fundamental misunderstanding about what the words 'release date' mean

Back
Top Bottom